Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Vince Taylor was the 3rd Finalist (Tubby's old Assistant) but i don't know if i made it to Brookings for an Interview
    That's the name I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Only other candidate I heard that was on campus was Darren DeVries.
      In hindsight, I wonder what life would have been like if we hired him? He's done some great things in year one at Drake.

Comment

I thought I remebered hearing he was offered before TJ but turned it down. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
          I thought I remebered hearing he was offered before TJ but turned it down. I could be wrong though.
          Heard that as well.

Comment

As of right now, only 7 returning players for sure.
            Dillon, Mims, Arians, Brown, Fiegen, King, Dentlinger

2 incoming freshmen: Coburn, and Scheierman
            1 JuCo transfer (haven't heard from Wilson) Buchanon

So that's 10... room for 3 more. (lots of Grad Transfer types out there.)

PG O King - Mims - Brown
            SG Buchanan - probably Mims/King/Schierman rotation.
            SF Ariens Scheierman
            PF Dillon - Fiegen
            C Dentlinger - Coburn

Wilson could easily slide in at the starting 4 spot. I don't know guys... With Wilson/Buchanon as scorers/"get buckets" kind of guys (Wilson did retweet Buchanon's commitment) There's some building blocks there. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

PG O King - Mims - Brown
              SF Ariens Scheierman
              PF Dillon - Fiegen
              C Dentlinger - Coburn

Wilson could easily slide in at the starting 4 spot. I don't know guys... With Wilson/Buchanon as scorers/"get buckets" kind of guys (Wilson did retweet Buchanon's commitment) There's some building blocks there. We'll just have to wait and see.
              I'd like to think Wilson is still on board and that we'd have heard by now if he's not coming or mulling his option. I agree with this though. Our ceiling for next year isn't nearly as high without Grill and DJJ but I'd like to think we can still finish middle of the pack in the SL. Let's be honest, the overall quality of the SL last year was bad and hopefully it will continue to be bad next year for our inexperienced team's sake!

Comment

PG O King - Mims - Brown
                SF Ariens Scheierman
                PF Dillon - Fiegen
                C Dentlinger - Coburn

While athletic and bigger than past couple seasons there is a real lack of shooting with this team. Hopefully Hendo & Klink can pull a few rabbits out of the hat and with some band-aid Grad Transfer Perimeter Threats. Buchanan likes to shoot the 3 and did so well at DMACC but struggled at UND so it will be interesting.

Comment

While athletic and bigger than past couple seasons there is a real lack of shooting with this team. Hopefully Hendo & Klink can pull a few rabbits out of the hat and with some band-aid Grad Transfer Perimeter Threats. Buchanan likes to shoot the 3 and did so well at DMACC but struggled at UND so it will be interesting.
                  I agree... but Scheierman can shoot it, and so can Fiegen and Mims. (Mims might be one that is overlooked, I think) It's just going to be different, regardless, without #24 out there.
                  (Even if David comes back... but I can't imagine he will, with the contacts he has gotten.)

Comment

PG O King - Mims - Brown
                    SF Ariens Scheierman
                    PF Dillon - Fiegen
                    C Dentlinger - Coburn

Building blocks? Sure... Where are the points coming from though? We better be a really really good defensive team.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Building blocks? Sure... Where are the points coming from though? We better be a really really good defensive team.
                      Just curious, what's your prediction for the team next year?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Teams lose players every year and the remaining players are forced to take on different roles. Just because Arians or O. King didn't score a ton this year doesn't mean they aren't capable scorers.

Comment

I agree... but Scheierman can shoot it, and so can Fiegen and Mims. (Mims might be one that is overlooked, I think) It's just going to be different, regardless, without #24 out there.
                        (Even if David comes back... but I can't imagine he will, with the contacts he has gotten.)
                        From what I'm seeing on Twitter I don't think TJ even has a shot at DJJ anymore. A lot of good P5's have already contacted him. I literally know nothing about Mims, King will need help at the PG spot so I'll be happy if he at least has solid handles to limit TO's. I get the impression Buchanan is strictly an Off-Guard, a super Poor-Man's DJJ so that leaves us to two inexperienced PGs. King never really played crunch time minutes at the Point so that will be a major concern.

Comment

From what I'm seeing on Twitter I don't think TJ even has a shot at DJJ anymore. A lot of good P5's have already contacted him. I literally know nothing about Mims, King will need help at the PG spot so I'll be happy if he at least has solid handles to limit TO's. I get the impression Buchanan is strictly an Off-Guard, a super Poor-Man's DJJ so that leaves us to two inexperienced PGs. King never really played crunch time minutes at the Point so that will be a major concern.
                          I was impressed that Buchanan's highlight video showed him making some defensive plays, which is unusual for JUCO ball. Had quick hands and was able to anticipate and get in passing lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Just curious, what's your prediction for the team next year?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Teams lose players every year and the remaining players are forced to take on different roles. Just because Arians or O. King didn't score a ton this year doesn't mean they aren't capable scorers.
                            Exactly....How are we ever to win another game since Nate Wolters graduated? How will we ever win another game without Mike Daum? It is certainly way too early for doom and gloom even though someone stomped on our rabbit tail. Injuries and defections happen every year and nearly every team. Coaching is more of a premium this next season and I will assume the right coaching staff is in place which is only missing the lead piece from a year ago. My 2 cents worth. Cry on.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I know some are critical of TJ's recruiting and relatively bare cupboard he's leaving but if you look at the quality v quantity ... look a the attention guys like DJJ and Grlll are getting now ... pretty impressive that SDSU was even in the game with these guys.

Comment

Grill never put on an SDSU uniform so quit automatically putting him in the incredible get column for TJ. Might have he asked out of his NLI anyway? Maybe he wont pan out? Maybe he transfers after a year like over half of TJ’s other recruits?

Really wish Krueger was sticking around. He starts for this team and provides some quality shooting. Hopefully playing time was his worry and with the departures Hendo can get him to stay. Liked what he flashed in limited minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X