Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I'm guessing TJ probably didn't want that conversation to become public knowledge.
    Yes , it soils that innocent image he has so shrewdly been crafting.

Comment

DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR ??? WHOS WITH ME??? LETS GOOOOOO

Comment

The whole transfer situation in this sport is getting ridiculous with what, 400+ players on the transfer portal list ? I hate to imagine the **** show that's going to happen if the NCAA adopts the proposal to allow transfers anywhere anytime without having to sit.

Comment

I'm guessing TJ probably didn't want that conversation to become public knowledge.
          When was this? First time I've heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
            Hard to not cast some blame at T.J. when he told recruits that if he moved, he would like to take them with. That’s what upsets me. T.J. was using our recruiting resources to recruit players for himself, and not for OUR program. T.J. was putting himself, as an individual, before the program. How can you build a team, and play as a team when your coach is that selfish?
            A message to recruits is different than the flack he's taking from his message to the current team, and it's also important to distinguish an open recruit vs. commits.

I believe that he genuinely wanted the current players to stay. And DJJ decommiting does not equate to Otz actively recruiting him to UNLV. In fact I'd be surprised if DJJ went to UNLV.

The message to recruits is fuzzier. You're right that it's not very chill to give that message to Antonio. But we don't have evidence that he is trying to sway the current commits to UNLV, as far as I know. I get both sides of the argument here, but Otz got PAID and anyone who says they wouldn't have taken that job is either dumb or lying. Now Otz has a job to do to earn his paycheck, and I guess I think it's fair game to continue recruiting non-committed JUCO recruits. The message wasn't super chill, but Otz has a fair right to go after Antonio. And unless we have evidence that Otz was in Grill or DJJ's ear to follow him, I won't necessarily blame him for their departures. They're both high end P5 caliber players who have a choice to make now and it's fair for them to evaluate their options as much as it hurts us.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              When was this? First time I've heard about it.
              Read post #81 in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR ??? WHOS WITH ME??? LETS GOOOOOO
                Well the Germans didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor soooooo.....(said in the voice of the guy from the “It’s Jake from State Farm” commercial)

Comment

Read post #81 in this thread.
                  I must have skimmed right past that in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                    I believe that he genuinely wanted the current players to stay.
                    In the words of the great prophets on Monday night countdown, C'MON MAN!

I always thought TJ was kinda fake to be honest. Always said the right things to ingratiate himself to everyone but it never seemed real genuine to me. Which was fine because he was winning games. That said I also don't blame him for any of this. College coaching is cutthroat, gotta get what you can while you can. Sucks it's happening to us.

I think Hendo will be around a long time, likely part of the reason he got the nod. We might need to give him some grace for a few years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Really though, you knew it was bound to happen once Otz left.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        A new month brings some new faces to our team. Please welcome Jim Maud, Kevin Ting and Ty Slatten!pic.twitter.com/TsgycVxyXe

onl

Only for those with a sense of humor.

OMG. I'm dead. That is fricken hilarious! (must spread rep)
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Scuttlebutt I’ve heard is DJJ was looking at Kansas pretty hard.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Otz is leaving SDSU's program in much tougher shape than Nagy did. That's for sure. Hendo can fix things, but it will take time.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

I'm locking this thread temporarily...reviewing some stuff. I'm going to reopen the thread in a few minutes after addressing some over-the-line comments.

JackJD

Comment

The thread is no longer locked.

98Jackfarmer, you've gone over the line and I've edited a couple of your posts. Some may try to argue that you weren't over the line but when one considers your entire body of work since you've been on this board, these are just the most recent example of inappropriate posts. Specifically, your off-color attack on Yoteforever for expressing support of Coach Otzelberger a couple days ago is beneath the wide majority of posters and readers of this board. Unfortunately, it's the nature of fan message boards that when one, two or a few posters state a position on a subject, casual viewers of the board tend to paint all of the posters on that board with the opinion stated by the one, two or few. Those of us who disagree with you should not have to put up with the crap that sometimes spews from you.

What if DJJ is looking around but, as he has written, he is also thinking about remaining a Jackrabbit. I hope he doesn't read this message board.

There are those who want to state their opinions, for and against, Coach Otz leaving. I'm going to reopen this thread and people can continue to post their opinions if they wish to do so. It would be preferred that they keep their posts somewhere in the neighborhood of good taste.

TBCruiser: you seem intent on following in 98Jackfarmer's footsteps. That's a bad path to follow. (You picked up some points with your paraphrasing the great speech from Animal House -- ...did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor!...-- always a nice touch and adds a redeeming quality to just about anything. But, you've nonetheless stepped into solid jerkish-behavior territory with a couple of your posts.)

Now, those who have forgotten some of the hard facts of being a successful mid-major program (i.e. risk of losing a coach perceived to be on the rise; risk of losing good players), ratchet it down a little. If you're really losing it, shut down your computer and take a walk. At the least, read SUPERBUNNY'S post at post 150.

JackJD
                                Last edited by JackJD; 04-01-2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X