2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Edit, TJ used SDSU and screwed SDSU over in his climb. Thanks dude. (vent over)

Comment

Ugggh the sky is falling.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;345420]Ugggh the sky is falling.[/QUOTE

This post is deleted...you're over the line 98farmer. I'll be sending you a private message in a couple of minutes.
        JackJD
        Last edited by JackJD; 04-01-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

See my editing comments on post 168. JackJD
          Last edited by JackJD; 04-01-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            And underachieved along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
              Also I think TJ is catching some unjust heat for players/commits leaving even though he reportedly told them to honor their commitment to SDSU. Even though he said that, players have the right to think for themselves and make decisions accordingly. It's a tough spot for everyone right now. Coaches, players, commits, and us fans.
              Hard to not cast some blame at T.J. when he told recruits that if he moved, he would like to take them with. That’s what upsets me. T.J. was using our recruiting resources to recruit players for himself, and not for OUR program. T.J. was putting himself, as an individual, before the program. How can you build a team, and play as a team when your coach is that selfish?

Comment

I wonder if Henderson will take a look a second look at Justin Hohn or Noah Friedel from Tea. I have no idea if TJ was interested in them, but it certainly couldn't hurt at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                  I wonder if Henderson will take a look a second look at Justin Hohn or Noah Friedel from Tea. I have no idea if TJ was interested in them, but it certainly couldn't hurt at this point.
                  Didn't Friedel sign in the early signing period ?

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                    Hard to not cast some blame at T.J. when he told recruits that if he moved, he would like to take them with. That’s what upsets me. T.J. was using our recruiting resources to recruit players for himself, and not for OUR program. T.J. was putting himself, as an individual, before the program. How can you build a team, and play as a team when your coach is that selfish?
                    This is a difficult argument to counter. The only thing is that he had some previous contact with SDSU recruits that likely would not have been ISU recruits. It does put a shadow on the ethics of basketball recruiting and individual choices of coaches on the rise. We should be accustomed to Otz's recruits not staying for the duration. Hopefully the staff will find another Marshall, Parks, or Wolters.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                      They have both signed. Friedel to Wright State & Hohn to Cal State Irvine (won opening round game).

Comment

Seems to fall squarely on his shoulders. This last couple weeks put an exclamation point for my dislike of schools like unlv and now TJ. Just a climber. I don't see how Jackrabbit fans can look back at his tenure and see anything other than an opportunist. Hopefully lesson learned by Sell.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Amen

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            This is a difficult argument to counter. The only thing is that he had some previous contact with SDSU recruits that likely would not have been ISU recruits. It does put a shadow on the ethics of basketball recruiting and individual choices of coaches on the rise. We should be accustomed to Otz's recruits not staying for the duration.
                            The only difference is that TJ wasn’t telling Iowa State recruits that he was going to take them with him if he got a head coaching job somewhere.

Comment

I'm guessing TJ probably didn't want that conversation to become public knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                At this point it’s a “rip the bandaid off” situation. The guys that don’t want to be here can move on out and let’s move forward. It’s the unfortunate world of modern college basketball and this won’t be the last time it happens here.

This crap is also exactly why it’s foolish to take a run like SDSU has had for granted. It’s damn hard to stay on top when doing exactly that can easily lead to roster implosion.
                                Folks, this is an absolute BINGO!!! This is life as a successful mid-major. We've been very spoiled for sure.

Now, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be optimistic. Yep, losing Grill and DJJ sucks for sure. However, I've seen posts about the sky is falling and will we make the SLT next year. Give me a gosh damn break.

Look back over the last six or seven years for your answer. A few years ago we were going to be brutal at the guard position and we added Deandre Parks and Goerge Marshall. Then we were thin in the middle and Cody Larson transferred in. These things have a way of working out. SDSU is a great place to be and there will be plenty of people that want to be here. Never forget that. We have something very attractive here. That is why a Caleb Grill considered this place ahead of bigger offers. It is what brought DJJ here. I hope he stays but the chance of that is nil.

If there are those that don't want to be here and decide test there mettle elsewhere, best of luck to them. Who wants to be a gosh darn Jackrabbit? That's who we are looking for!

Also, I'm excited to see the style of play Hendo and Klink will bring. My guess is it will be a little more balanced which may help make us better. Don't forget that! We may get better through this!

Time to get behind the players and coaches that want to be here. Those are my Jackrabbits!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X