• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs the Fighting Hawks @ Betty's Place

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    It's neither here, nor there...but didn't former Jackrabbit Staci Oistad marry an Aamlid as well? I would assume the same Aamlid family.
    Yes and the youngest Aamlid daughter married former punter Ethan Sawyer. Another son married former women BBall player Leah Dietel.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Alex Heinert is originally from SD and is married to Dr. Aamlid’s (big SDSU supporter) daughter. The Aamlid’s were SDSU Family of the Year a few years ago. I consider Heinert the Gus Johnson of Midco Sports. He brings the excitement.
    It's neither here, nor there...but didn't former Jackrabbit Staci Oistad marry an Aamlid as well? I would assume the same Aamlid family.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I was okay with the little bit of homerism because he brought the same kind of energy to the Jacks play. I think he does a lot of hockey, and that lends itself to a pretty high energy play by play
    Alex Heinert is originally from SD and is married to Dr. Aamlid’s (big SDSU supporter) daughter. The Aamlid’s were SDSU Family of the Year a few years ago. I consider Heinert the Gus Johnson of Midco Sports. He brings the excitement.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Anyone know how tall UND's coach Brian Jones is?
    He is a big one, and his bio does not say what his height is. It does say that he has been at UND for 13 years and spent his prior six as an assistant for Steve Alford at U of Iowa. He played his basketball at UNI. I guess him at 6'7or 6'8. I think he has done a good job at UND.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Little to homerish for me.
    I was okay with the little bit of homerism because he brought the same kind of energy to the Jacks play. I think he does a lot of hockey, and that lends itself to a pretty high energy play by play

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Any win on the road is big. I dont care who it is. We are 3-1 on the road so far. Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Whew! That’s life on the road. As I heard Zimmerman say on the radio this week, “every road win is a big deal in conference play”. We now have three with four more to go.

I don’t think we’ve been in the position of protecting a slim lead down the stretch like that for a long time. It’s probably good they had to work through it. You want that kind of high pressure experience in your pocket going into Sioux Falls.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

I don’t understand TJ’s substitution patterns at all. Not surprised UND closed late in the game when you only go one deep on the bench. Tired legs start leaving shots short, not closing out in D, etc. I put this on coach for not having developed players on the bench he can trust at this point in the season.

Leave a comment:

• JackFan96
    replied

I'm just not going to watch any Jackrabbit games. It never goes particularly well. I'm a jinx. The cosmos somehow knows. But a win is a win, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Ain't no such thing as a bad road win in conference!!!

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Never easy on the road. My goodness.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Get back up by 8 and then play no defense for two possessions and it's back to 3.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Daum posterized UNDs skinny big guy big time.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    UND unconcious from 3, suddenly lead by 2.
    I would normally say a team can't continue to hit threes like that, but if you don't contest them they just might.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I actually like the announcers.
    Little to homerish for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X