X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruits

Let's hope this comes true. We are in the that world where kids like this we get to commit aren't going to stop hearing from bigger programs:

If Grill continues to improve as a senior, there’s a chance more offers from prominent major-conference programs could pour in. Tempting as those may be, his father doesn’t expect him to waver in his loyalty to South Dakota State.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Here's Caleb talking about his recruiting back in April:

Maybe his commitment shouldn't have been as much of a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Why prized recruit passed on high-major offers and committed to South Dakota State

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Grill's HUDL is crazy, he attacks the basket and throws down...then 5' past the line he just cranks them out. I first thought his release is too low but hell it's so fast no one can react to it. Like Marino throwing a FB.

This kid committing to us has me believing that Matthew Mors isn't a pipe dream to come here. Put those guys on the floor with the other pieces in the fold and the ones coming, wowzers. I just hope we can find a way to keep TJ around for awhile.
    If these players come to fruition like we hope, I will have vastly underestimated TJ. As I have been told before, I have a elephant memory, the first few games he coached were rough. He admitted that. With that said, I am a believer in him now. Every person is different, but lets hope he has a mindset that he wants to prove to the world/himself/the fan base, that he can take us to the next level. And if he does, or when he does, lets hope he is happy to be a part of our little community. I think there is something to be said for a small town hero. But money talks. This is the one part I am not jaded about, or maybe just naïve about.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Grill's HUDL is crazy, he attacks the basket and throws down...then 5' past the line he just cranks them out. I first thought his release is too low but hell it's so fast no one can react to it. Like Marino throwing a FB.

This kid committing to us has me believing that Matthew Mors isn't a pipe dream to come here. Put those guys on the floor with the other pieces in the fold and the ones coming, wowzers. I just hope we can find a way to keep TJ around for awhile.
    He 's got so much momentum built up attacking from the side that it looks like his body is just about straight out to the opposite side as he's holding on to the rim until his forward inertia subsides a bit and he lets go of the rim (3:29)....that's attacking with a purpose...man, great highlight reel.Great shooter,we are so blessed to get a commit like this!

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

TJ and crew deserve a ton of credit! Players do not commit to a school they commit to the coach!

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

This my thought as well. A commit like this hopefully motivates others with major college offers to consider the benefits of SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Yahoo Sports Article

"Grill, the son of a former Wichita State basketball player, is an elite shooter, underrated passer and an exceptional athlete. He posted the second best mark in the high jump in the state of Kansas as a junior and will be the favorite to capture the state title in that event next spring."

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Looks like area coaches think this is a big deal too based on Zimmer's tweet:

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...33670064701440

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Mother of god, that highlight tape is something to behold. On a couple of those dunks it looks like he jumped off a trampoline.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    The more I read, the more excited I get. And that tape is nuts. The play at 1:45 ... oof.
    Kid dunks.....a lot. Jon Konchar 2.0?

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

The more I read, the more excited I get. And that tape is nuts. The play at 1:45 ... oof.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    His list of offers is off the charts - what a steal! This will really help ease some of our losses after this season.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

https://maizenews.com/12972/sports/c...-dakota-state/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X