X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slosho
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruits

Noah just landed an offer from Nagy and Co.
    Originally posted by slosho View Post
    He's a shirt Tail Cousin of mine (trough marriage only) they are quite good the whole lot of them but as I understand it the oldest while an excellent baseball player might not be the best of the bunch (At Basketball) I.E. his younger brother is said to be better.

Ethan Plays for Briar Cliff that is correct. Noah is his younger Brother. Noah Scored his 1000th Point last year and was a junior at the time.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    This smashes the nail on the head! The other thing that needs to happen is to fill Frost Arena on a regular basis. Look at the premier mid-major programs (Gonzaga, Wichita St, etc.) and you will see teams that have arenas full of fans. We are going the right way, just need to keep it rolling. TJ and his staff are getting it done. The other part is up to us fans.

SUPERBUNNY
    I like your thinking but those schools are vastly different from us.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Keep improving the team and keep getting it to NCAA tourneys, and SDSU will establish itself as a highly desired coaching job for up and coming coaching stars like TJ. In his early years, Scott Nagy was one, too.
    This smashes the nail on the head! The other thing that needs to happen is to fill Frost Arena on a regular basis. Look at the premier mid-major programs (Gonzaga, Wichita St, etc.) and you will see teams that have arenas full of fans. We are going the right way, just need to keep it rolling. TJ and his staff are getting it done. The other part is up to us fans.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Son. His other boy plays, I think at Briar Cliff.

Those Tea kids are the real deal. (at least the Freidel boys are)
    He's a shirt Tail Cousin of mine (trough marriage only) they are quite good the whole lot of them but as I understand it the oldest while an excellent baseball player might not be the best of the bunch (At Basketball) I.E. his younger brother is said to be better.

Ethan Plays for Briar Cliff that is correct. Noah is his younger Brother. Noah Scored his 1000th Point last year and was a junior at the time.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Is Freidel the son/grandson of Pat Freidel who played for Augie? This is impressive since Tea was just a gas stop not too long ago.
    Son. His other boy plays, I think at Briar Cliff.

Those Tea kids are the real deal. (at least the Freidel boys are)

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
    Speaking of Coach Nagy, the rumor is that he is going to offer Noah Freidel a senior from Tea HS. Justin Hohn another senior to be from Tea HS is rumored to be offered by UC Irvine as well. If it is true, that is pretty impressive for one high school in SD to have two D1players.
    Is Freidel the son/grandson of Pat Freidel who played for Augie? This is impressive since Tea was just a gas stop not too long ago.

Leave a comment:

• mr76
    replied

Speaking of Coach Nagy, the rumor is that he is going to offer Noah Freidel a senior from Tea HS. Justin Hohn another senior to be from Tea HS is rumored to be offered by UC Irvine as well. If it is true, that is pretty impressive for one high school in SD to have two D1players.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    All this pleasantly takes me back 5 or 6 years to when there was all that chatter from Fargo and Vermillion about how SDSU MBB was going to tank as soon as Wolters left. This program continues to reload.

I just hope we can manage to keep TJ a few more years because he’s clearly the real deal.
    Keep improving the team and keep getting it to NCAA tourneys, and SDSU will establish itself as a highly desired coaching job for up and coming coaching stars like TJ. In his early years, Scott Nagy was one, too.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

All this pleasantly takes me back 5 or 6 years to when there was all that chatter from Fargo and Vermillion about how SDSU MBB was going to tank as soon as Wolters left. This program continues to reload.

I just hope we can manage to keep TJ a few more years because he’s clearly the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Someone commented with Jenkins, Carter and Grill that's a high major backcourt.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    His background was being an incredible recruiter who built very strong relationships with the players. He had to learn sideline coaching and he did so, rather quickly. I'm not sure how anyone who looked into his background when he was hired could underestimate his ability to bring in recruits at a higher level then Nagy could.

Will he stick around? I think TJ has a plan and that plan seems to be, build something at SDSU which will allow him to move directly to a high major job. I do not think, nor is there any indication that he would accept another mid-major job just for the money. Do I think he will be here in 10 years? No. But I don't think has one foot out the door either, cough cough... Craig Smith).
    I think that there were many of us that worried that once Daum left that TJ would follow him. However, with the transfers and then this commit, he has shown that we probably have a couple more years. Much of that probably has to be winning with "his guys." Mid-majors win tournament games with guard play. SDSU is going to be scary the next couple years.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Very exciting news.

Welcome to the squad, Caleb!

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Welcome to SDSU, Caleb! I'm among the fans of the Jacks looking forward to watching you play! Enjoy your senior year of high school.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    If these players come to fruition like we hope, I will have vastly underestimated TJ. As I have been told before, I have a elephant memory, the first few games he coached were rough. He admitted that. With that said, I am a believer in him now. Every person is different, but lets hope he has a mindset that he wants to prove to the world/himself/the fan base, that he can take us to the next level. And if he does, or when he does, lets hope he is happy to be a part of our little community. I think there is something to be said for a small town hero. But money talks. This is the one part I am not jaded about, or maybe just naïve about.
    His background was being an incredible recruiter who built very strong relationships with the players. He had to learn sideline coaching and he did so, rather quickly. I'm not sure how anyone who looked into his background when he was hired could underestimate his ability to bring in recruits at a higher level then Nagy could.

Will he stick around? I think TJ has a plan and that plan seems to be, build something at SDSU which will allow him to move directly to a high major job. I do not think, nor is there any indication that he would accept another mid-major job just for the money. Do I think he will be here in 10 years? No. But I don't think has one foot out the door either, cough cough... Craig Smith).

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Let's hope this comes true. We are in the that world where kids like this we get to commit aren't going to stop hearing from bigger programs:
    This young man will have his commitment tested many times by other coaches between now and November.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X