X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: Future Rosters

If Flatten's minutes do not increase next year (which is a definite possibility given all of Otz's recruits coming in) and he gets his degree a year from now, he may be ready to move on with the rest of his life.

Leave a comment:

• jackfan86
    replied

Is there a legit chance that Skyler gets medical redshirt and gets another year? I always thought since they used his redshirt his first year he wouldn't be eligible for that. Is is something he/they are actually pursuing?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
    Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
    Ian Theisen, Center
    Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
    Lane Severyn, Forward

Junior:
    Mike Daum, Forward
    Tevin King, Guard
    Chris Howell, Guard
    Brandon Key, Guard
    Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
    Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
    Alou Dillon, Forward
    Ryan Krueger, Guard
    Alex Arians, Guard
    Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)
    David Jenkins Jr., Guard

2018:
    Trevor Hansen, Post
    Owen King, PG
    Updated for recent departures and addition.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Just posted on Twitter from verbal commits, that El Darwich is leaving the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Always bittersweet. I hate seeing a lot of turnover but if it is best for the young man so be it. Obviously, it does open up a spot which is an opportunity.

Sergio was a very nice young man. Wish him the very best in the future!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

An open scholarship for an impact player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Wallace, El-Darwich, and Dykman are the three that many will speculate. Two will be gone. Any others would be a surprise. Tough decisions to be made.
    And all three are now gone.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Just posted on Twitter from verbal commits, that El Darwich is leaving the program.

Too bad. Was curious to see what kind of strides he'd make during the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Orris was pretty close to having a 2:1 assist/TO ratio, so he was more than adequate at taking care of the ball. I always thought the complaint against his "dribbling around the paint" was a bit over blown. People seem to remember the turnovers but forget how often it got the defense out of position and turned the position from "him taking a poor shot" to "the team getting a good shot".

I agree that there is a lot of upside that "could" come from the point guard position, however, Orris was solid (but not great) at a lot of things that nobody on the current roster has proven they can do at the Division 1 level. There is potential that what Orris brought to the table can be replaced or exceed, but I'm not going to assume it's just going to happen.
    I didn't mind him going in, at least he could either attack if it really was open which I felt he was pretty good at, or if nothing there dribble back out or get an open shooter sometimes. yeah he would get in trouble but I would rather have him dribble and running around not Howell or anyone else really.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    That was last year. Here is this year.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/201...brandonkeya27j
    The assist number was better moving from 5.7 to 7.3 and fewer turnovers improved from 2.9 to 2.6. He must be showing improvement and he seems to be a distributor for 19-10 team.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
    Disagree on game management, ball handling and decision making.

How many times did we see Orris dribble into the paint and try and kick it out only to have it tipped, deflected or stolen outright? The decision to ride Orris down the stretch was a good one, he played to the best of his abilities and they won the conference tourney because of him but my goodness there is a lot of upside available for PG play.
    Orris was pretty close to having a 2:1 assist/TO ratio, so he was more than adequate at taking care of the ball. I always thought the complaint against his "dribbling around the paint" was a bit over blown. People seem to remember the turnovers but forget how often it got the defense out of position and turned the possession from "him taking a poor shot" to "the team getting a good shot".

I agree that there is a lot of upside that "could" come from the point guard position, however, Orris was solid (but not great) at a lot of things that nobody on the current roster has proven they can do at the Division 1 level. There is potential that what Orris brought to the table can be replaced or exceed, but I'm not going to assume it's just going to happen.
    Last edited by Kemo; 03-22-2017, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

10% jump in 3 pt percentage from year 1 to year 2. Hopefully he sees another 10% jump between 2 & 3.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Recent stats for 34 games for Brandon Key.
    http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/201...brandonkey2ih7
    That was last year. Here is this year.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/201...brandonkeya27j

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Recent stats for 34 games for Brandon Key.
    http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/201...brandonkey2ih7

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

I just read the replay of Zimmer's chat from yesterday, and I'm confused. First, he said that he thinks Dillon will redshirt because of the depth we have in the post. Looking at the roster, Theisen is the only depth we have there, and his injury history makes me wonder if he can stay healthy for an entire season. And then a little later he said that he wouldn't be surprised if Theisen is in the starting lineup - which means there is no way Dillon can redshirt. I don't see any way Dillon redshirts - if any of the bigs coming in doesn't play I think it would be Dentlinger. Since it has been said he is paying his own way as a freshman, I would think he has been told he will be on scholarship for 4 years after that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X