X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: Future Rosters

Good description of what the newcomers for the Jacks might bring to the table. Looks like they pick Fort Wayne for second. I'm surprised Yote fans heads aren't exploding !

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...=244+272699400

Leave a comment:

• wcbsas
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Definitely a cheese-head flavor, but I love it. We have six from Wisconsin, that has to be a first.
    Seven if you count King - St. John's (prep school) is in Wisconsin as well.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Saw Ian last week. Can confirm weight loss. He looks the same size as Daum.

I'm sure that will help with the foot injury.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    They must have completed the required interviews for coaching staff as we have the same group following the earlier posting for coaching positions. I look forward with optimism for the 2017-18 basketball season.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I look for Ian Theisen to be tougher than heck during his senior season. I hear that he's leaned up and dropped about 30 pounds. With his past ankle issues, that could help keep him on the floor more. His size, toughness and edgy attitude are big pluses for the Jacks.
    *wonders if dropping 30 lbs will be the cure to his laziness...*

Kidding.

On a more serious note, whatever he has to do, I hope he does have a big year because we are going to need some serious contributions from him if we want to have a big year.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Definitely a cheese-head flavor, but I love it. We have six from Wisconsin, that has to be a first.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Be nice if they updated the 2017/2018 Men's roster like they did the Women's.
    The roster has been updated.
    http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I look for Ian Theisen to be tougher than heck during his senior season. I hear that he's leaned up and dropped about 30 pounds. With his past ankle issues, that could help keep him on the floor more. His size, toughness and edgy attitude are big pluses for the Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Be nice if they updated the 2017/2018 Men's roster like they did the Women's.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

With Theisen's nagging ankle and other injuries over the past two seasons, I wouldn't mark Dillon's potential redshirt down in stone.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

That's a very good roundup by Matt Zimmer. I've been waiting for some media outlet to do this story, so the Argus Leader deserves thanks. Seven new players is half the roster and a lot of new faces. But, overall, it's an upgrade in talent. The Jacks should be very good next season.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Zimmer's 2017-18 MBB primer is a good one and has some interesting thoughts.

The first thing that stood out was in regards to the incoming freshman when it comes to who is likely to redshirt and who is likely to contribute. It isn't a surprise that Arians and Dentlinger are expected to redshirt, but I would have thought mostly likely to contribute would be Dillion while Krueger would be more likely to redshirt, but the article suggests the opposite. It would be one thing if it was just Zim's opinion, but the way I read the article, these thoughts seem to be coming from the coaching staff, not just the author.

I guess it does make sense. It is generally easier to transition to from high school to college as a guard/wing than it is as a 4/5, plus we really need to improve our outside shooting to make teams pay for doubling Daum, but Dillion is probably the most physically ready big to ever come into the Jackrabbit program. Also, highly touted recruits usually play right away because they have the talent and the coaches want to keep them motivated and happy.

The other thing that stood out was that Trevor Hansen is still considered a commit, even though the "decommit" rumor seems to have been put to rest already.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Wasn't he a transfer that was announced awhile back though? That tweet seems to be just announcing his landing spot.
    My bad. I must have missed that one.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Wasn't he a transfer that was announced awhile back though? That tweet seems to be just announcing his landing spot.
    Correct. Wallace and Dykman news broke literally within a day of the Gonzaga game and El Darwich shortly after them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X