X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 recruits

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Looks like we "re-offered" David Wingett (6'7" F) originally from Winnebago, NE, who we recruited out of high school and spent the last year at Bull City Prep (Durham, NC). I really wanted to see us land the kid the first go-around, but glad to see prep school worked out for Wingett and we're still on him. Has the length, athleticism, and skill set be successful and the DI level, and has a super high ceiling if it all comes together. His high school highlight reel is a fun watch.

Wingett has an offer from Memphis. Hopefully he wants to stay closer to home!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Wingett has an offer from Memphis. Hopefully he wants to stay closer to home!
      Also an offer from Auburn.

Comment

Wingett to Memphis:
        http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recr...4706fa2b8.html

Comment

Teddy Allen to Witchita State.

Comment

Tweet from @VerbalCommits
            Former Mount St. Mary's G Jonah Antonio (RS FR) has received an offer from South Dakota State. @jonah__antonio verbalcommits.com/players/jonah-…

Would need to sit out a year and would have 2 years left.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Former Mount St. Mary's G Jonah Antonio (RS FR) has received an offer from South Dakota State. @jonah__antonio verbalcommits.com/players/jonah-…

http://www.mountathletics.com/sports...nio_jonah_f322

I love big guards. Make it happen T.J.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Went to the same prep school as Jenkins,Jr.

Comment

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    I see that Oakland has also offered - his size and shooting stroke reminds me of Bader from a few years back.

Comment

Be a shame if we don't add another big to the talent we have have coming back.

Comment

Just shooting from the hip here, but I feel TJ is in the camp of 4 guards and a post and if the post is on the wing then so be it. I also would like to see another post but I think TJ is content with Daum, Dillon and the Iowa kid (sorry, can't remember his name) defending the middle and loading the floor with shooters.

I don't feel athletically we will every be able to compete with the Power 5 schools when it comes to bigs. Maybe TJ is right, maybe trying to shoot them out of the gym is the way to go. It worked for Loyola.

Comment

We've got a couple red shirts that certainly could provide more than Theisen did this year.

Comment

I don't disagree with above posts, but we could be so much more competitive with Power 5's with another experienced big from the Juco or Grad transfer ranks. I would think it would be a relatively easy sell playing along side Daum and strong possibility of playing in the tournament.

Comment

I don't disagree with above posts, but we could be so much more competitive with Power 5's with another experienced big from the Juco or Grad transfer ranks. I would think it would be a relatively easy sell playing along side Daum and strong possibility of playing in the tournament.
                              There seemed to be more competition for grad transfers this year. I follow a couple of national college writers on Twitter that list the offers that grad transfers had when they committed. It was amazing to see the interest from P5 programs on players that I had never heard of, that put up very average numbers at lower level competition. Not sure if this was because of the larger than normal number of players that left early for the draft this year, or will be a trend. And it seemed like a high % were guards/wing players as opposed to bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                We've got a couple red shirts that certainly could provide more than Theisen did this year.
                                Zing.

Comment

Working...
                                X