X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    Re: 2016 Recruits

He also thinks highly of Nagy...https://twitter.com/KaneCountyPreps/...85481196179456

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Loudon Vollbrecht has committed to SDSU...http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/new...rer_id=1504886

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    This.
    For the record, I hope there isn't a dependency going forward on JuCo. Love home-developed talent of kids who want to be here from the beginning.
    Need to get the best recruit available. We have 2 players right now that prove you don't need to have them for 4 years to be successful.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It will be interesting if we hear anything about visits next weekend - you would think Hobo Day would be the prime time to bring recruits in. Hopefully we are in on some recruits that may be hoping to get high-major offers. Sometimes you have to get closer to the signing period for things to shake out with them. With a need for immediate help for guards a year from now,a JUCO could be a definite possibility.
    This.
    For the record, I hope there isn't a dependency going forward on JuCo. Love home-developed talent of kids who want to be here from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Most of our recruiting activity I hear about in the region are for kids in the 2017 class. I would guess that if these scholarships get used for the 2016 class, it will go to a player outside the region or JuCo. A high major transfer could be a possibility as well.
    I don't think 2016 is a very deep class in Minnesota for Div.I players. Both 2017 and 18 are considered to be deeper with quality prospects.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

It will be interesting if we hear anything about visits next weekend - you would think Hobo Day would be the prime time to bring recruits in. Hopefully we are in on some recruits that may be hoping to get high-major offers. Sometimes you have to get closer to the signing period for things to shake out with them. With a need for immediate help for guards a year from now,a JUCO could be a definite possibility.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Most of our recruiting activity I hear about in the region are for kids in the 2017 class. I would guess that if these scholarships get used for the 2016 class, it will go to a player outside the region or JuCo. A high major transfer could be a possibility as well.
    Looking ahead to 2017, we have Connor Devine's spot opened. He is the only junior this year. It could be likely to carry a scholarship forward if there are recruits that are high on the radar. Meanwhile, there does not seem to be any noise out there for 2016 recruits.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Now, that, we are, back , to, the, task, of, new, prospects, do, the, Jackrabbits, have, any, firm, prospects, or, verbals? It would seem likely that some news would be trickling out about some interested prospects. We should have 3 scholarship slots with Bittle, Marshall, and Parks as seniors.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

7 of the 8 that I'm aware we have offered have committed elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Now, that, we are, back , to, the, task, of, new, prospects, do, the, Jackrabbits, have, any, firm, prospects, or, verbals? It would seem likely that some news would be trickling out about some interested prospects. We should have 3 scholarship slots with Bittle, Marshall, and Parks as seniors.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    Does anyone know if there's ANY way George can find another year of eligibility or will this be it? Redshirted.. then 1 season at Whisky... 2 games (I think injured?) and then 1 and 1/2 years with us.... Could he apply for some sort of 6th year medical deal? That would/could affect our numbers for incoming.

Juco or 5th yr transfer who could play immediately makes sense for at least 1 of our openings.
    If I understand the info from another thread, you gotta have two years of injury to get a 2nd redshirt year.

Leave a comment:

• Hip2daHop
    replied

Does anyone know if there's ANY way George can find another year of eligibility or will this be it? Redshirted.. then 1 season at Whisky... 2 games (I think injured?) and then 1 and 1/2 years with us.... Could he apply for some sort of 6th year medical deal? That would/could affect our numbers for incoming.

Juco or 5th yr transfer who could play immediately makes sense for at least 1 of our openings.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Um . . . thread topic, comma, return to, comma, suggest return to?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Did we just get 5 new verbal commits for the 2016 class?

Nope. Though one might think so with all the activity on this thread.

I have a great idea: How about we start a thread called "State the F&CKING Obvious" instead of posting all that sh*t here. It would be a great place to say things like "Nate Wolters is the best basketball player in SDSU history" and "Nate needed his supporting cast to win 2 Summit League titles" or even "Austin Hansen is now a coach at USD". Then after we have stated a bunch of facts, we can argue about which fact is more obvious! It'll be fantastic!
    Did someone pee in your crabby flakes this morning?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Did we just get 5 new verbal commits for the 2016 class?

Nope. Though one might think so with all the activity on this thread.

I have a great idea: How about we start a thread called "State the F&CKING Obvious" instead of posting all that sh*t here. It would be a great place to say things like "Nate Wolters is the best basketball player in SDSU history" and "Nate needed his supporting cast to win 2 Summit League titles" or even "Austin Hansen is now a coach at USD". Then after we have stated a bunch of facts, we can argue about which fact is more obvious! It'll be fantastic!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X