NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

I could use less clicks as well. PM me if there is a way.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Way to go Jacks!!!! Despite all the votes Arkansas State is throwing into the WIU effort, we have voted as much as both of them (and you can tell from the stats that AS is hardly voting at all in their contest). I've been in the chair all afternoon, but had to take a little time off to fix something to eat, and on my return, I see that you have all pulled us back into 51-49. Looking forward to widening that now. We currently have a 66-34 edge on AS in votes so far in this round, which shows how little votes they have put into their wide lead over Bryant.
      We are battleing two schools at one time,and winning!!!I just voted 2 1/2 hrs,taking a small break and back at it.

Comment

I just spoke with someone that is good friends with the baseball guys. I asked her if she had been voting and she said occasionally, but she mentioned that all of the baseball guys have been going at it hard. They have 18 hour bus rides and all that they do is vote. So we even have support beyond this forum.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Someone should get on the fan site at Bryant University,if they have one,and tell them now would be a good time to catch Arky State ,because they are hardly voting against them and devoting most of their attention to us.It might help a little,if Bryant U. shows a little life.Maybe they just gave up, but worth a try.

Comment

I could use less clicks too. If someone could PM me how to do it, that'd be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              I just spoke with someone that is good friends with the baseball guys. I asked her if she had been voting and she said occasionally, but she mentioned that all of the baseball guys have been going at it hard. They have 18 hour bus rides and all that they do is vote. So we even have support beyond this forum.
              It is good to get good news...but I would just respectfully mention that things we are doing at SDSU successfully will contribute to our effort, but we don't need to let competitors know what is working for us. We can just enjoy the fruits of their labor. There are a number of things going on now to help the effort.

Comment

JimmyJack: If you read this post, check my PM to you.

Comment

Let me know how my script is working. I've received some feedback from some of you, and there may have been an error in the script I asked you to paste in a certain location.

Comment

It isn't looking too good for my Bison. If we falter in this round, you got my votes...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      It isn't looking too good for my Bison. If we falter in this round, you got my votes...
                      Thanks TAB. You are falling to the same circumstances we face...UCF and Arkansas State don't have to post a single vote as their competitors have given up. You still have some time, things may change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Thanks TAB. You are falling to the same circumstances we face...UCF and Arkansas State don't have to post a single vote as their competitors have given up. You still have some time, things may change.
                        I'm giving it everything I've got as are many Bison fans. It is crazy...we hit it hard and after maybe 6 hours we can change it 1%, and then we lose that and more during the night. Whoever had done the organizing for them has done an awesome job.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          I'm giving it everything I've got as are many Bison fans. It is crazy...we hit it hard and after maybe 6 hours we can change it 1%, and then we lose that and more during the night. Whoever had done the organizing for them has done an awesome job.
                          I'm sure you understand that it is University of Central Florida that is raising heck with you, not just BYU. UCF doesn't need to post hardly any votes on its race, because the competition has just given up with the gap they have. That's verified by the fact that based on the number of votes you are posting, you are way ahead of what they are posting on their site in the projected next round. They are putting their votes on BYU instead. They don't want to face you in the Final Four.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I've seen enough of these contests over the last 10 years to take them for what they are; an advertising ploy by the company or organization running the contest. Scripts are legal, voting for multiple teams, contestants is fine there are rarely any rules to make it "fair" for everyone. Ultimately, everyone involved is a winner as long as you aren't wasting work or family time spent on a website (oh, wait, never mind).
                            Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. T

http://6thfan.ncaa.com/

Comment

It amazes me that after hours of voting tonight, i have yet to see ours budge off of 51-49. It is also disappointing that NDSU was able to close it to 10 points early this evening and now have fallen to 12 points with the start of BYU's evening surge. As Hammersmith or TransAm pointed out earlier, this is a marathon and not a sprint. I'm still holding out that we will be able to sprint with them at the end of the week to the semi's!

Comment

I've seen a lot of WIU people asking famous people for retweets to get it out to a wider audience. Has anyone asked Nate to retweet and ask for some RT? Anyone else famous to assist?
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X