• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: BSC team at CAS?

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I'll take that $100 plz..
    Haha, I figured someone would call in this post, too bad we never shook on it

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Man, I made up a huge write up about how the playoff bracket was going to pan out last week and now UNI loses, which completely screws that prediction up!... but hey, I'll trade a prediction made in vain for a home playoff game any day of the week !!!

Now with UNI out of the picture (though you never know) and possibly 3 Big Sky teams in the mix, our fortunes has shifted from being shipped to Louisiana to that of very likely hosting a home playoff game. It's not over till the fat lady sings...errr... selection board decides the playoff bracket, but if I were a gambing man, I'd put a cool $100 on the Jacks playing their first round game at the CAS!!!!

I'll take that $100 plz..

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

UNI losing was big for the Jacks, here is my updated bracket....

Autobids
    Big Sky-Montana
    CAA-Villanova
    MEAC-SCSU
    MVFC-SIU
    OVC-EIU
    Patriot-Holy Cross
    SoCon-App St
    SLC-SFA

At-Large
    UNH
    Richmond
    William & Mary
    SDSU
    Elon
    McNeese State
    EWU
    Weber State(last team in)

Holy Cross vs Villanova(1)
    UNH vs SCSU

W&M vs App State
    Elon vs Richmond(4)

SFA vs Montana(2)
    EWU vs SDSU

Weber State vs McNeese St
    EIU vs SIU(3)

Leave a comment:

• JackFan96
    replied

You guys are getting my hopes up, dang it. I would love one more home game. I can't see us being sent to Richmond. That's scenario would really annoy me, to be honest. I can see us being sent to Montana. I honestly couldn't gripe about that too much. I see on Any Given Saturday that one Montana fan (it appears) wouldn't be thrilled with that.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks99
    replied

This weekend may work well to zip up for a playoff game. Other than not being able to attend, would rather not have us going to Montana or out east. I don't see us pulling a W out of that this year.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Some questimation that I saw had SDSU going to Richmond. Works for me cause I'll be in LadySmith, Virginia this coming weekend. 40 miles north of Richmond.

Leave a comment:

• JamesJacks
    replied

I'm with the good doctor on this one.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

LR Forecast for Saturday in Brookings: 43 and sunny.
    Perfect playoff weather.

Leave a comment:

• valleyrabbit
    replied

So here is the play-off picture out west.

In
    SDSU
    Montana
    McNese
    SFA
    SIU

Bubble (2 of 3 likely get in)
    UNI
    Eastern Washington
    Weber State

So making the assumption that 3 BSC teams make it, and SIU is paired with Eastern Illinois.

The BSC has to be matched with non-BSC opponents.

SFA @ Montana
    WSU @ McNese
    EWU @ SDSU
    EIU @ SIU

If UNI somehow sneaks in that changes everything.

EIU @ SIU
    SDSU @ Montana
    SFA @ UNI
    Weber/EWU @ McNese

It would better for the MVFC for UNI to get in, but likely better for SDSU if they don't.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

I'm going to assume SDSU will be sent to Montana so that, for once, I have a chance of being pleasantly surprised by what the NCAA does (although, in all fairness, the soccer seeding last fall was quite generous------unless you were Colorado).

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Man, I made up a huge write up about how the playoff bracket was going to pan out last week and now UNI loses, which completely screws that prediction up!... but hey, I'll trade a prediction made in vain for a home playoff game any day of the week !!!

Now with UNI out of the picture (though you never know) and possibly 3 Big Sky teams in the mix, our fortunes has shifted from being shipped to Louisiana to that of very likely hosting a home playoff game. It's not over till the fat lady sings...errr... selection board decides the playoff bracket, but if I were a gambing man, I'd put a cool $100 on the Jacks playing their first round game at the CAS!!!!
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-22-2009, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Ok so I've done some more edumacating myself, and have to agree with you md. With the three BSC teams likely to be in, and UNI losing, it does seem more likely that they send Stephen F. Austin to Montana, and Weber or E. Washington to us. I highly doubt that either of those teams would outbid us, since I would hope that we put in a pretty darn sizeable bid based off the excitement of the first time in the playoffs. This is why your the doc, once again!

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Ok how does this work? I've got several people that want tickets if they get a home game. Do I get my two season ticket seats and then 8 others elsewhere?
    Here is the ticket info. I will order my season tickets and a bunch more as soon as I can get a hold of someone Monday.

IF a Home Game - Season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase the seats they had during the regular season at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. General public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office. Tickets will go on sale Monday at 1:00 pm.

Tickets for a home playoff game will be available for purchase online at GOJACKS.com, over the phone at 1.866.GOJACKS or at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

IF an Away Game - Season ticket holders and the general public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office starting on Monday at 1:00 pm.

Tickets for a road playoff game will be available for purchase over the phone at 1.866.GOJACKS or at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

Priority Parking Passes and Tailgating

Priority parking passes and season tailgating passes will be valid for all playoff games held at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Subsequent Rounds

Should the Jacks qualify for the 16 team playoff field and advance to the second round, the location of a Quarterfinal game would be determined no later than Sunday, November 29. Ticket protocol for this contest would be similar to that listed above.

We thank you for your continued support of Jackrabbit Athletics and look forward to seeing you throughout this historic postseason run by your Jackrabbit Football team.

GO BIG. GO BLUE. GO JACKS

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

The way I understand it and it is confusing that it is a number of things, but I think SDSU's chances of hosting improved quite a bit..... Though the bid/facilities scares me a bit, I just don't know how they could make Montana play an 8-3 team, and I don't see how it makes sense to send SDSU anywhere else....

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I think we are going to host Eastern Washington at CAS. Why? I can't explain why except to say we have a resume that puts us at the top of the list of at-large bids in a a conference where the auto-bid is the best team in the nation. In addition, I am confident that our admin submitted one heck of a bid to host. SO, I think we host either EWU or Weber. I don't see them sending us to Montana and I don't see them sending EWU or Weber any further east than SD. Again, see you in Brookings, I'll be buying as many tickets as they will let me.
    Ok how does this work? I've got several people that want tickets if they get a home game. Do I get my two season ticket seats and then 8 others elsewhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X