X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU NFL Players

From the Denver Post:

Erickson waived.

The Broncos waived guard Mitch Erickson, who had spent the last two seasons on Denver's practice squad.

At 286 pounds, the former South Dakota State lineman didn't have the kind of mass the Broncos are seeking as they transform to a more power-type blocking scheme this season.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/br...#ixzz0hsjLIgVE

Comment

I think it is funny they have Todd Bauman on there. He spent one year as SDSU and played hoops before transferring to St Cloud State. He was good enough to play two sports at St Cloud and play in the NFL for 7 or 8 seasons, but wasn't allowed to play QB at SDSU because Mike Daly didn't want him playing 2 sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        I think it is funny they have Todd Bauman on there. He spent one year as SDSU and played hoops before transferring to St Cloud State. He was good enough to play two sports at St Cloud and play in the NFL for 7 or 8 seasons, but wasn't allowed to play QB at SDSU because Mike Daly didn't want him playing 2 sports.
        He also struggled greatly in the classroom during his brief stay at SDSU. Let's just say there are a lot of stories about how he was able to graduate from St. Cloud. But, then you know all of those stories. He was a hell of an athlete though. He threw harder than any other QB I ever played against.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          He also struggled greatly in the classroom during his brief stay at SDSU. Let's just say there are a lot of stories about how he was able to graduate from St. Cloud. But, then you know all of those stories. He was a hell of an athlete though. He threw harder than any other QB I ever played against.
          What he said. Stud athlete. Not quite right for our program.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            What he said. Stud athlete. Not quite right for our program.
            Can honestly say I would have enjoyed catching some passes from Todd. Just my opinion though.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

This was several years ago now, but a friend of mine from the RTR area had told me that Todd was telling some folks in the hometown about how he didn't think Daunte Culpepper had the mental capacity to be a top flight quaterback when they were both with Minnesota. While that may have been proven to be true, the fact that Todd was the one pointing it out made me chuckle even then.

Comment

Mitch Erickson was signed by Seattle

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/202346.asp

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post

That's great news for Mitch, hopefully he can stick with Seattle. They have some holes on the O-Line.

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post

It was also in today's Argus Leader. Very nice news for Mitch!
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                    X