CAS Seating Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAS Seating Capacity

One of the original concepts for CAS was a single level horseshoe like this. I think more SRO/'festival' space might be nice, but otherwise....

Comment

not enough brick! Has anyone seen the Augie Stadium in Sioux Falls? It may only seat 6000 but make that stadium seat 20,000 and now we are talking!

www.augie.edu

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
        not enough brick!
        Is that like "More Cowbell?"
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone else feel that North Campus Drive (the street just south of CAS and just north of Frost) would have to be pushed further south in order to accommodate a horseshoe style renovation to CAS? To me it seems as if there is not enough room to have the scoreboard/display board and respectable seating on the south side of the stadium unless this is done, which would cut into the Frost/HPER north parking lot.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Looking at the highest magnification of Google maps (I also checked mapquest) it may be possible to do the horseshoe with a footprint about equal to the East stands at CAS, leaving some setback between the end line and stands and setback for the street r.o.w. it will be tight. Also, that part of the structure may not have 30 rows of seats. Moving a street costs money. They for sure will consider the options. That's why them engine-eers get the big bucks!

Comment

Moving the scoreboard would be pricey, too.

Best to just build the south stands up to the scoreboard, I think. Gives the place character.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
              X