• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I think a good number of the recruits we have listed are actually recruits that are for USD. Seems to happen every year that the two schools get confused for each other. I know probably half the recruits listed on the SDSU ESPN page are for USD.
    Most likely they are getting recruited by both schools. It seems like USD has offered a scholaship to about anyone with a high level of talent. They've got a lot to go around if they are ramping up to 63 scholarships next year.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

I think a good number of the recruits we have listed are actually recruits that are for USD. Seems to happen every year that the two schools get confused for each other. I know probably half the recruits listed on the SDSU ESPN page are for USD.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I've added Cooper Wahlo Jr. (WR - Woodbury, MN) and Bryan Witzmann (OL - Somerset, WI) to the considering list.
    A post on USD's fan board, citing Witzmann's statement to the website Wisconsin Sports Network, states USD has made an offer to Witzmann. NDSU also interested in him.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I think Ohio or Ohio State....
    Ohio. Some connection with Frank Solich. I am pretty sure Ohio State is set at quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

I wanted to say Ohio but I can't find anything on it.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by OtownJack View Post
    I've been out of the loop for awhile, but has anyone heard if Phillip Bates has chosen a school to transfer to yet?
    I think Ohio or Ohio State....

Leave a comment:

• OtownJack
    replied

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but has anyone heard if Phillip Bates has chosen a school to transfer to yet?

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

I've added Cooper Wahlo Jr. (WR - Woodbury, MN) and Bryan Witzmann (OL - Somerset, WI) to the considering list.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    TV's blog said 6 more recruits had visited campus (not necessarily offered). Only 2 offers were made from the 1st big recruiting weekend. They are brining in 2 more veteran QB's to be looked at further.
    Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I get really excited about this recruiting thing. While it is important to recognize what these athletes have done in HS, I sometimes have to remind myself that the coaches develop them and just because a recruit is crazy good in HS doesn't necessarily translate to All Conference at the collegiate level. It works both ways I guess, considering that players who might not be as highly touted end up being amazing football players.

After the last three years of recruiting and development, I can say that our coaches do an outstanding job in both aspects. Also, the recruiting buzz gives me my fix during the off season and this downtime before bowl games.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    TV's blog says that they extended 6 new offers over the weekend to recruits that where in town...... Also says a really good chance that they'll bring in atleast 2 veteran QB's 1 JuCo and 1 transfer....
    TV's blog said 6 more recruits had visited campus (not necessarily offered). Only 2 offers were made from the 1st big recruiting weekend. They are brining in 2 more veteran QB's to be looked at further.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

TV's blog says that they extended 6 new offers over the weekend to recruits that where in town...... Also says a really good chance that they'll bring in atleast 2 veteran QB's 1 JuCo and 1 transfer....

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

We didn't even have scholarship offers to these kids..... I know that facilities will help but I think when somebody comes into your house and says your going to go to school for free, when stig comes in and says well maybe next year you can earn a scholarship..... i think this year has to do more with the lack of scholarships in this class....

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

I'd say it's not that much different.
    I'm sure the Bison would have loved to land some of the recruits that chose SDSU over NDSU.

Kyle Minnet, Thomas O'Brien, & this year Alex Parker come to mind. I'm sure there are others on our roster as well that other posters might remember.

I believe the Bison have more schollies to offer this year than the Jacks as well. Which means they can go out and offer to a recruit before SDSU has a chance to because we have to wait for other players to fall into place.

Leave a comment:

• 9>1
    replied

I'm not trying to be a homer here or sound cheesey, but I think tradition plays a role in recruiting too. Stig is a solid coach and your facilities are coming along but I don't think SDSU has anywhere near the tradition NDSU has. I think your coming along nicely and winning a conf. champ. last year and beating us twice in a row, which means you won in Fargo finally, shows your headed in the right direction. You've surely proven lately, against us anyway, that it's not how the individual athletes on the field play, it's the team.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

It seems even with our success against the Bison and 3rd place finish in the MVC it's rare we win a recruiting battle with the Bison. Stig and his ability to connect with recruits can only carry us so far. The facility enhancements can't get here soon enough! Obviously we continue to get good players, but it's not easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X