replied
    Re: 2008 Roster

Yes he is.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I understand DJ Eversley from Yankton, a walk-on, has been asked to join the team. Great news for DJ. He is a hardworking and talented young man who should be a nice addition. He is also one heck of a good baseball player. Congrats to DJ and his family.
    Is he currently enrolled at SDSU and practicing with the team?

Leave a comment:

• 76Rabbit
    replied

53 Pro.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Wasn't he a kicker on his high school football team?

Nope...that's the SDSU baseball recruit, Layne Somsen. I watched him boot a 53 or 57(can't remember which one) yarder last year for the Bucks.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• 76Rabbit
    replied

No, that's Layne Somsen who is playing baseball for the Jacks. DJ played LB and RB for the Bucks. I could see him playing WR, he has great hands.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

I understand DJ Eversley from Yankton, a walk-on, has been asked to join the team. Great news for DJ. He is a hardworking and talented young man who should be a nice addition. He is also one heck of a good baseball player. Congrats to DJ and his family.
    Wasn't he a kicker on his high school football team?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• footballfan
    replied

I have not heard about his injury until I read that. When I hear I will let you know.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
    Sheehan has moved to the offensive side and is working as the H back. An interesting combination running at D-Line has been Batten and Thompson at DE, Schroeder at DT, and Nobiling at NT. Backing them up Basham, Bazata, Steffan and Fischer....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    Football Fan,
    Have you heard anything about Thompson's injury that TV mentioned in his blog...I hope it's not serious.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabid
    replied

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
    Sheehan has moved to the offensive side and is working as the H back. An interesting combination running at D-Line has been Batten and Thompson at DE, Schroeder at DT, and Nobiling at NT. Backing them up Basham, Bazata, Steffan and Fischer....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    I thought Fischer had NT nailed down after Spring ball?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

I had heard that Jones probably wasn't going to stick quite a while ago, no surprise there. I hope Thompson can recover, I was looking forward to seeing him play this year.
    I tend to believe that a football career at SDSU is a great investment in time and effort. When a person such as Jones continues to move, his talent never has a chance to develope. I think this would be true in Marcel's case. I too hope Thompson can recover as it appears he is needed. I look for our D to be the strong part of our game play, and we need those tough lineman to get after the opponent.

Leave a comment:

• footballfan
    replied

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Has anyone heard if Sheehan is still with the team and if he will be able to help this fall?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
    from TVs new blog:

"Some observations - yes, I was in attendance - from SDSU football practice Monday:
    Sophomore running back Kyle Minett is noticably bigger and stronger, but weighs about the same (205) as he did last season. The Jacks are stacked at that position.
    Well-traveled quarterback Marcel Jones has left the team. The transfer from Minnesota via Northern Iowa probably was going to be no higher than fourth on the depth chart. Also at that position, true freshman Thomas O'Brien has a long frame with room to grow. True to his age, in two plays with one of the top offensive units late in practice he connected on a long pass and then fumbled the next snap.
    Defensive linemen Jason Nobiling, Antonio Thompson and Mao Lefiti sat out due to injury. Nobiling is just dinged, Lefiti - who likely was going to redshirt anyway - suffered an elbow injury and Thompson's status has yet to be determined, but could perhaps be the most serious. In light of those absences, true freshmen Josiah Fitzsimmons (a big dude) and Andy Mink got some high-level reps."
    I had heard that Jones probably wasn't going to stick quite a while ago, no surprise there. I hope Thompson can recover, I was looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Leave a comment:

• sf_jackster
    replied

from TVs new blog:

"Some observations - yes, I was in attendance - from SDSU football practice Monday:
    Sophomore running back Kyle Minett is noticably bigger and stronger, but weighs about the same (205) as he did last season. The Jacks are stacked at that position.
    Well-traveled quarterback Marcel Jones has left the team. The transfer from Minnesota via Northern Iowa probably was going to be no higher than fourth on the depth chart. Also at that position, true freshman Thomas O'Brien has a long frame with room to grow. True to his age, in two plays with one of the top offensive units late in practice he connected on a long pass and then fumbled the next snap.
    Defensive linemen Jason Nobiling, Antonio Thompson and Mao Lefiti sat out due to injury. Nobiling is just dinged, Lefiti - who likely was going to redshirt anyway - suffered an elbow injury and Thompson's status has yet to be determined, but could perhaps be the most serious. In light of those absences, true freshmen Josiah Fitzsimmons (a big dude) and Andy Mink got some high-level reps."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X