Re: New Stadium

sweet

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Take a look at what Montana State is planning:
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35085850&hl=en
      How soon can we get there???

My lotto winnings are already contributed!!!!!!! (Wishful thinking of course)

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        Thanks. Is that different than when we were D2, because I'm pretty sure the state kicked in some money at BHSU & NSU when they built their bb facilities.
        A funding source for buildings on South Dakota university campuses are bonds issued by the South Dakota Building Authority. Typically the bonds are repaid over time by students fees. If you go to the SDBA website, you will see a listing of all projects (click on the "Projects Financed" link) which received money from the sale of bonds. On the list is the Series 1985 bonds for $6,915,000 for the Barnett Center athletic facility at Northern State, and the Series 1988A bonds for $2,947,000 for the athletic facility at Black Hills State. Also on the list is the SDSU HPER Center (Series 1970 for $3,685,000) and USD's Dakota Dome (Series 1976, $5,200,000...also see Series 2005 for the Dakota Dome roof replacement, $6,505,000).

The Building Authority does not independently decide whether to finance projects. A simple example of the trail is: School needs new dorm; Regents agree school needs new dorm; Regents convince legislature school needs new dorm but legislature (the State) doesn't have the money and can't incur debt so the Building Authority is asked to issue bonds to raise the money for the new dorm. Over time, the students, through fees, pay off the bonds.

Comment

Great info JJD. I was pretty familiar with the amounts and the process, but didn't know where to research it. Just a note on the SDSU HPER Center and the USD Dome. The $5,200,000 for the dome from the Building Authority was calculated as the same amount as SDSU's bonding, with inflation added. The remainder of the cost for the dome (seems like total cost was about $10,000,000) came from donated funds raised by USD.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Take a look at what Montana State is planning:
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35085850&hl=en
            Did you notice that in this video they definately reference adding skyboxes, etc above the one grandstand, and then replacing the grandstand seating in a later phase. Interesting. I would have thought it would have had to be the other way around.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Has anybody seen the coaches show this week? I have not seen or heard anything on Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
              X