John Stiegelmeier Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    He’ll hate both things but name the field after him and build him a statue.
    I wont be surprised if something like that happens, but i wont be surprised it it does not either. Stig will definitely be the first one in line to argue against it.

I wont say more about the statues, but this does seem a good time to recognize how fortunate we have been to have 3 coaches like Stig, AJ, and Scott Nagy to guide the 3 most prominent athletic programs through the D1 transition
    EVERY school honors and recognizes the all time winningest coach from any of their programs, but most athletic departments are lucky to have even one coach on staff the quality of these 3 and we had all three of them at the same time!!!! and oh by the way that time just happened to be when we were moving from D2 to D1

Comment

Perfect timing.Thanks to Coach Stig for all his contributions to SDSU and the football program, especially in the transition and D-1 era. It's nice that he's going out on top. I hope that he stays close to the university for years to come. And congrats to Coach Rogers! It will be fun to watch Jimmy build his staff and transfer his fiery style to the team. I'm glad the Jacks were able to hang on to him long enough to take over the program. These two men might have different styles, but they're both winners.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Thank you coach Stig! I'm really excited to see Jimmy take the helm....whoda thunk 15 years ago the legend Jimmy Roger's would replace Stig someday.

Any old timers here remember the Jimmy Roger's thread we had back we he was playing where it was all Jimmy Rogers>Chuck Norris jokes? That was one of my all time favorite threads here.

Edit: found the thread.... http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/sout...3-jimmy-rogers

"Bellringer" started the thread with a pretty prophetic post (though i didnt agree with his passion comment....and the Norris jokes started around post # 31.
        Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 01-19-2023, 11:37 PM.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Thank you coach Stig! I'm really excited to see Jimmy take the helm....whoda thunk 15 years ago the legend Jimmy Roger's would replace Stig someday.

Any old timers here remember the Jimmy Roger's thread we had back we he was playing where it was all Jimmy Rogers>Chuck Norris jokes? That was one of my all time favorite threads here.

Edit: found the thread.... http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/sout...3-jimmy-rogers

"Bellringer" started the thread with a pretty prophetic post (though i didnt agree with his passion comment....and the Norris jokes started around post # 31.
          The prophetic post is awesome to look back on. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

That was a good step back in time. Several of the posters in that thread are still around. Post #6 in that thread from Nidaros. He was a frequent poster for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

That was a good step back in time. Several of the posters in that thread are still around. Post #6 in that thread from Nidaros. He was a frequent poster for a long time.
              What originated as a Rogers thread devolved into a debate about standing to cheer. Still, I'm glad y'all made me aware of this.

A couple thoughts:
              1). Do the Jimmy Rogers jammies that Superman wears feature Jimmy standing there stoically while watching the losing team slink off the field in the background?
              2). Do we need to try to reschedule LIU in homage to sharks' "Jimmy Rogers Week"?

Linking Stig & Rogers, is it theoretically possible for Stig to coach the opener to get to win #200?

In the spirit of my lactose-tolerant thread drifts, I think the Dairy Bar should implement a Stig-sized mondo malt to commemorate Stig's common "wager" to refs.

They could also make Rogers' Rush ice cream with hints of blue agave given Jimmy's AZ roots.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I crossed paths several times with Clair (Nidaros) growing up through his involvement in the American Legion... far before I knew this forum was even a thing. He was a good man. Oh how much he would have loved to see the Jacks win it all in Frisco! Gotta believe he was out there somewhere smiling down on the sea of blue.

Comment

Thank You Coach Stig!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Renaming of Campus Drive?

Dykhouse Stadium at Stiegelmeier FIeld?

Isn't the stadium naming pretty much on lockdown unless/until someone funds renovations?
                    Stieg Field at Dykhouse Stadium.

After the field, I'd push for the press box to be named after him. My third choice would be Stadium Rd being named after him. Fourth choice would be the tailgating area (irony here being fun).
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

A pretty funny congratulations note sent from JOOSE. (If you know, you know).

https://twitter.com/teamjoose/status...sEc2TCLSYTfOmw

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

Stieg Field at Dykhouse Stadium.

After the field, I'd push for the press box to be named after him. My third choice would be Stadium Rd being named after him. Fourth choice would be the tailgating area (irony here being fun).
                        Stiegelmeier Way would make for a great street name leading into the stadium from the north...

Outside the box idea... a statue of a scooter with "STIG" custom plates sitting inside the main gate that people (kids) are allowed to sit on and take pictures with.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Sad they spend that much time thinking about our coaches.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Classy of them to do that.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I will be glad to not have to hear the joose jokes from our 2 rival fans. But give them time and more success from us and something new will come out

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

Classy of them to do that.
                                ah that is ok

I loved it that both AD Sell and Jimmy spoke about a program built on love! I dont think Jimmy wastes his time thinking about revenge, but i imagine he will be happy to lovingly open up several new cans of chuck norris on the bison and then satisfactorily sit back and watch them walk off the field in silence)))

Comment

Working...
                                X