X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Mark Ovenden and a couple other members of the KDLT-KSFY news staff left for Frisco today (Wednesday). I heard that on his radio show. Ovenden does a good job reporting on the Jacks, too. I assume sports director Grant Sweeter is going for KELO-TV. He's pretty new to that position, so we'll see how he does. He's no stranger to local sports, including SDSU. I join those applauding the in-depth Jackrabbit coverage that Tanner Castora has provided for KELO as a reporter (online and on TV broadcasts). Hie has helped demonstrate there's a big, regional appetite for Jackrabbit news. Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader does a good job, too, given the newspaper's diminished resources. I'm especially appreciate of the Jackrabbit Illustrated team of independent bloggers and podcasters. They are raising the bar for SDSU coverage. If you're a Jackrabbit fan, check them out. They are fun to follow and know what they're talking about.
    I've checked out JI's information, and I agree that it's excellent quality

Sam Herder had a great "preview" podcast with guests being MVFC Commish Viverito, WDAY's Dom Izzo, and Zim.

I appreciated Viverito providing valuable insight on site selection, potential playoff changes, TV deal, and Frisco field considerations. Portable turf was reportedly considered for Frisco, but timeline didn't allow it.

I'd be curious of the cost of that compared to moving to another location.

Izzo is a great source of Bison commentary, and Zim continues to offer Jacks "intel."

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    That's a dang shame. Wonder if Ovenden is going instead?
    Speaking of Borg, his latest "Athlete of the Week" featuring Tucker Kraft is worth watching (especially final statement re. NDSU)
    Mark Ovenden and a couple other members of the KDLT-KSFY news staff left for Frisco today (Wednesday). I heard that on his radio show. Ovenden does a good job reporting on the Jacks, too. I assume sports director Grant Sweeter is going for KELO-TV. He's pretty new to that position, so we'll see how he does. He's no stranger to local sports, including SDSU. I join those applauding the in-depth Jackrabbit coverage that Tanner Castora has provided for KELO as a reporter (online and on TV broadcasts). He has helped demonstrate there's a big, regional appetite for Jackrabbit news. Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader does a good job, too, given the newspaper's diminished resources. I'm especially appreciate of the Jackrabbit Illustrated team of independent bloggers and podcasters. They are raising the bar for SDSU coverage. If you're a Jackrabbit fan, check them out. They are fun to follow and know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 01-04-2023, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Just heard on the " B-Team" podcast that KELO is not sending Tanner to Frisco, which is a load of crap. Also, KSFY/KDLT is not sending Zach Borg either.
    That's a dang shame. Wonder if Ovenden is going instead?

Speaking of Borg, his latest "Athlete of the Week" featuring Tucker Kraft is worth watching (especially final statement re. NDSU)

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Just heard on the " B-Team" podcast that KELO is not sending Tanner to Frisco, which is a load of crap. Also, KSFY/KDLT is not sending Zach Borg either.

Leave a comment:

• JackrabbitGuy
    replied
    A good read - a bit stream of consciousness in style but good observations in there. I especially like the bit where Amar Johnson said to Tanner that it's the first time he has felt healthy all year. Amar made some strong contributions through the season, but if the semifinal performance is a look at what he can do when fully healthy then I very much look forward to a lot of Isaiah Davis, a lot of Amar with a few by Gronowski sprinkled in. Oh yes, and perhaps throw in a jet sweep type addition to the running game from Craft and one of the Janke's and I think that our running game will be tough to handle.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Be sure to read Tanner's column. It's really good. Lots of insight from an informed outsider. I get the feeling that the Jacks are peaking at exactly the right time.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    I hope kelo figures out a way to keep him. His work is top notch. He does his home work and puts his effort into it.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

not going to be that dramatic. Rabbits by 2 TD, and will never feel in doubt.
    I'm a fan of that prediction too.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied
    Tanner has had awesome coverage all year. I really hope Kelo plans on sending him to Frisco

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Big fan of his Championship play sequence and score prediction
    not going to be that dramatic. Rabbits by 2 TD, and will never feel in doubt.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    KELO's Tanner Castora continues to provide great interviews and articles for the Jacks. This is another good one!
    https://www.keloland.com/sports/cast...fter-14-games/
    Big fan of his Championship play sequence and score prediction

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    started a topic Tanner Castora

Tanner Castora

KELO's Tanner Castora continues to provide great interviews and articles for the Jacks. This is another good one!
    https://www.keloland.com/sports/cast...fter-14-games/
Working...
X