X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

Yea, a friend asked one of the students as he walked by. He said they were headed out to the field for a presentation. It was a large group with recipients and parents and maybe some others?
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. They got some great seats.

Hopefully they return next week for a Precision Ag-sponsored Anti-'Yote Embargo

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

The group I saw wasn't just students. Did the group you're referring to include family/parents of the Klingbeil scholarship recipients?
    Yea, a friend asked one of the students as he walked by. He said they were headed out to the field for a presentation. It was a large group with recipients and parents and maybe some others?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    According to the game program: The late Maynard Klingbell, a Sully County farmer, left SDSU 2.683 acres of land that was sold for $17 million. Every fall, 16 students in agronomy and precision ag-related majors will get renewable, $10,000 scholarships. ... A great gift from a man who didn't even attend SDSU.
    Not only that -- he donated an unspecified amount to the Crazy Horse Memorial as well. The SDSU Foundation has this page, if anyone would like to learn more about Maynard Klingbeil.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

That was the group that went onto the field for the scholarship presentation. I can't remember his name, but he sold some land and donated $17 million for ag scholarships I believe.
    The group I saw wasn't just students. Did the group you're referring to include family/parents of the Klingbeil scholarship recipients?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Operator error. Punctuation mistake. 2,683 acres.

Leave a comment:

• tbcruiser
    replied
    Apparently the poster substituted a period for a comma, darn spell check I bet

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    According to the game program: The late Maynard Klingbell, a Sully County farmer, left SDSU 2.683 acres of land that was sold for $17 million. Every fall, 16 students in agronomy and precision ag-related majors will get renewable, $10,000 scholarships. ... A great gift from a man who didn't even attend SDSU.
    2 acres for 17 million? That land must include the fountain of youth or something

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    This is amazing. What a humble gift. No building, no statue, etc. Tremendous generosity.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Regarding the concession/chislic lines, I'd be curious if folks flocking to the latter is due to lack of variety at the former (at least on the east side). For instance, they used to offer burgers and chicken tenders on the east side, but they haven't been this season, so maybe folks are opting for chislic.

Speaking of the east side, there were at least a hundred folks leaving upper rows of Sections 120-121 early in the game (after a UPD officer had gone into that section). Does anyone know what the story was there?
    That was the group that went onto the field for the scholarship presentation. I can't remember his name, but he sold some land and donated $17 million for ag scholarships I believe.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I’d have to agree, seeing what the wind did to some of those kickoffs. Some short throws were just off though, and a few should/could have been caught.

We definitely didn’t look sharp, but that’s not entirely surprising considering the schedule. We were not alone, just take a look at the two teams ahead of us in the rankings. NDSU, famous for second half domination, managed only 6 second half points in a 13 point win against YSU (at home). Montana only beat 0-4 Idaho St by 8 points.
    I think this Sat. will be epic.

Jacks need to stay disciplined (because I'm sure there's some angst about how last couple games against 'Yotes have ended), and I hope to have at least a six seat buffer between me and any 'Yotely spectators.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Wind likely impacted some of the throws, and it seemed likely that the one deep incompletion to Janke was due to Jadon looking into the sun
    I’d have to agree, seeing what the wind did to some of those kickoffs. Some short throws were just off though, and a few should/could have been caught.

We definitely didn’t look sharp, but that’s not entirely surprising considering the schedule. We were not alone, just take a look at the two teams ahead of us in the rankings. NDSU, famous for second half domination, managed only 6 second half points in a 13 point win against YSU (at home). Montana only beat 0-4 Idaho St by 8 points.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Mark just looks off throwing the ball today. Offense is uninspired
    Wind likely impacted some of the throws, and it seemed likely that the one deep incompletion to Janke was due to Jadon looking into the sun

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    The Jackrabbits took care of business against a rebuilding WIU. It wasn't always pretty but the Jacks earned the result. Here are the rants & raves. #GoJacks
    https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ves-wiu-3.html
    Regarding the concession/chislic lines, I'd be curious if folks flocking to the latter is due to lack of variety at the former (at least on the east side). For instance, they used to offer burgers and chicken tenders on the east side, but they haven't been this season, so maybe folks are opting for chislic.

Speaking of the east side, there were at least a hundred folks leaving upper rows of Sections 120-121 early in the game (after a UPD officer had gone into that section). Does anyone know what the story was there?
    Last edited by jakejc795; 10-02-2022, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    The Jackrabbits took care of business against a rebuilding WIU. It wasn't always pretty but the Jacks earned the result. Here are the rants & raves. #GoJacks
    https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ves-wiu-3.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X