No announcement yet.

GDT: UC Davis (9/10/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...that was unexpected. 26-16 SDSU after a UCD TD and a blocked extra point run back for a 2 point conversion.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Well...that was unexpected. 26-16 SDSU after a UCD TD and a blocked extra point run back for a 2 point conversion.
      And upon further review...just a blocked PAT. 24-16 SDSU.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nicholas Tyler nearly missing out on his Larry Allen moment (probably closer to the DK Metcalf/Julio Jones ones), granted Tyler is 100 pounds lighter. Still an impressive chase-down attempt given he was on his knees

Comment

And it's 24-22 SDSU. 2:03 to go.

Sheesh.

I may need one more beer very soon.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, at least it'll be a victory beer.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Congrats on the win guys! Much more respectable effort from the Aggies this go around. Good luck the rest of the season!

Comment

3 turnovers, 1 missed onside kick recovery, numerous bad snaps. It’s a win but ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Is Mike Zimmer the head coach of the Jacks now?

Probably wouldn't hurt any.

Defense was good given all the injuries. Offense gets a sold grade of D+ with absolutely no creativity. Special teams completely unprepared for the onside kick.

Slopping lipstick on a pig tonight, but it's a win.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

That was a **** performance on the offensive side of the ball. No two ways around it. This isn’t a top 10 team unless they figure it out on O. They just look lost out there.

Comment

That was about as bad of ending to a game you can have that doesn't end up in the loss column. So much to clean up. Butler can't come soon enough.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Traffic flow out of the stadium tonight was almost as bad as our offense. Whoever is in charge of that needs to make some major changes.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                          Traffic flow out of the stadium tonight was almost as bad as our offense. Whoever is in charge of that needs to make some major changes.
                          Definitely room for improvement. Hopefully they get the traffic control sorted out prior to the USD game.

I was also baffled that they only had one exit gate open on the east side

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Didn't know UC Davis had a top 5 defense too and that's why Lujan has terrible playcalling again
                            Life's certainties -- death, taxes, and Lujan disparagement.

Again, there were plays there (e.g., the sideline pass to Heins)
                            Last edited by jakejc795; 09-10-2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Reflecting on it a little this morning, I think this offense is going to take several more games to settle in. Between a first time OC, young and banged up o line, and Mark getting his feet back under him, it’s going to take some reps for the O to build their own identity. They look lost out there. It’s not necessarily the play calls themselves, but outside of one or two drives, it seemed like there wasn’t any purpose or momentum with how things were called. And then the O line had their struggles that totally washed away whatever decent play calling might have done. Mark looked better today, but still needs a couple games to settle in.

Defense was great and I’m not worried about that side of the ball. We played a good offensive team and held them down while being out like 6 guys on that side. This season will come down to if our offense can develop, and how fast. We’ve got a big game in two weeks in Springfield, then a stretch in early October of USD-NDSU-UND. We either get it figured out now, or get ready to drop some games in October and kiss a seed goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                Reflecting on it a little this morning, I think this offense is going to take several more games to settle in. Between a first time OC, young and banged up o line, and Mark getting his feet back under him, it’s going to take some reps for the O to build their own identity. They look lost out there. It’s not necessarily the play calls themselves, but outside of one or two drives, it seemed like there wasn’t any purpose or momentum with how things were called. And then the O line had their struggles that totally washed away whatever decent play calling might have done. Mark looked better today, but still needs a couple games to settle in.

Defense was great and I’m not worried about that side of the ball. We played a good offensive team and held them down while being out like 6 guys on that side. This season will come down to if our offense can develop, and how fast. We’ve got a big game in two weeks in Springfield, then a stretch in early October of USD-NDSU-UND. We either get it figured out now, or get ready to drop some games in October and kiss a seed goodbye.
                                For having two pre-season AA's on the left side of the line, I haven't seen that kind of production yet. To be honest, for a good portion of the game last night, it seemed that the running game was having more success running to the right side.

Comment

Working...
                                X