2022 Depth Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I was told Chase Mason was seen walking around campus with a heavy limp and large knee brace. I believe he had a knee injury senior year of high school. “Didn’t look good”.
    Zimmer at scrimmage confirmed that Mason suffered potentially severe non-contact knee injury and is in heavy brace.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Zimmer at scrimmage confirmed that Mason suffered potentially severe non-contact knee injury and is in heavy brace.
      OBVIOUSLY i know that we usually do not get a lot of info on these things! i would hope we all know that by now. i am fine with that!! but did anyone see or hear any more about this?

it seems that he would have not practiced the rest of spring no matter what. i feel like that has been pretty much the norm for quite a while. anything other than the most minor injury and they sit out spring practice, but any word on fall?

any other key guys that will be sitting out tomorrow?

did any of the incoming freshman arrive for spring? i know that is unusual but it has and does happen. or maybe the transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

OBVIOUSLY i know that we usually do not get a lot of info on these things! i would hope we all know that by now. i am fine with that!! but did anyone see or hear any more about this?

it seems that he would have not practiced the rest of spring no matter what. i feel like that has been pretty much the norm for quite a while. anything other than the most minor injury and they sit out spring practice, but any word on fall?

any other key guys that will be sitting out tomorrow?

did any of the incoming freshman arrive for spring? i know that is unusual but it has and does happen. or maybe the transfers?
        In the WR video the team put out yesterday, Josh Davis said that Landon Wolf won't be fully cleared to go until June.

Comment

Stig referenced a transfer linebacker during spring game broadcast. Has that player been identified?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Stig referenced a transfer linebacker during spring game broadcast. Has that player been identified?
            Jason Freeman from Olivet Nazarene in Illinois. NAIA All-American.

Comment

I see Daxon Lindholm has moved from running back to receiver.

Comment

Coach Stig said earlier this week in Sioux Falls that Chase Mason is out for the coming season but will have four seasons of eligibility remaining.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Coach Stig said earlier this week in Sioux Falls that Chase Mason is out for the coming season but will have four seasons of eligibility remaining.
                  that really sucks!! really sad for chase!!!

that said, i would think that really makes it tough to think he is gonna play qb. next time he plays a football game it will basically be 4 years since he has played. that is a lot of development time and repetitions lost. not to mention if grono looks improved from the last time we saw him or even the same, you gotta think it is impossible to think someone takes the #1 qb job from him going into the following year

and you could say well chase has 4 years. maybe he will be willing to sit behind grono for a year and have 3 years to start. will he really risk another year of not playing and then maybe get injured again or something?? my guess if he is healthy, he is gonna want to be on the field even if that means a position besides qb. not to mention how long would he stay. school wise he will be a junior next fall

hope he can get healthy and stay healthy!! wish him all the best!!

the ability to stay healthy is something athletes have almost no control over (especially when you are talking about knee injuries, which often happen with minimal or no contact) and it has such a GIANT impact on their athletic careers and lives

Comment

Chris Rhodes into the portal.

Comment

John O'Brian, former Bowling Green OL, listed here as transfer to Jacks.

Don't see him listed on BGSU roster after 2020, but he'd at least provide depth

Comment

I haven't heard anything about the Burkhard kid. Is he injured?
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Jackson Hilton to DWU.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            I haven't heard anything about the Burkhard kid. Is he injured?
                            Just checked and he isn't listed on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              Jackson Hilton to DWU.
                              i have NO FACTS so definitely could be wrong
                              but this makes me think that he was prop 48ed (i know that is not the current terminology but pretty sure it is the same thing) and did not meet the requirements to regain ncaa eligibility. therefore, NAIA school.

I DO NOT KNOW THAT!!! so maybe there is some other reason but it is difficult to guess what it would be. because it seems incredibly doubtful that he discovered during essentially a red shirt year that not only could he NOT play D1 but he also was not good enough for the NSIC
                              unless i am way wrong he is good enough to play D1 and more than talented enough for D2. so there has to be some unique reason for going naia

anyone have any info? maybe he wants to try to go small and play both FB and MBB?? i thought he was also a heck of a basketball player. i thought he often made life tough for current jacks MBB Mohrs whenever they matched up in high school

of course there are NO guarantees, but this feels like a BIG bummer!!!!

really think jackson is a special talent. it will be interesting to see how things play out for him, but i think he has all the athleticism of the smaller WR and DBs but he has the size of the Jankes and maybe even slightly taller.

again BUMMER!!! hope everything works out for the best for him

seems like we had a lot of WR and DB and LB in his class and the one before. with lots of talent and expectations. hopefully a few of those who remain start to show that on the field this fall

Comment

Jackson was never even on the team. He didn’t qualify.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X