Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    The Jackrabbit running back group is replacing a 4th round NFL draft pick. How will they do it? Find out here. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ing-backs.html

Leave a comment:

• SiouxFallsJack
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I think back to that National Championship game and the difference could have made with his threat and ability to run the ball.
    I've always thought we would have won by 2 scores if Mark didn't get injured.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Thanks Matt. I am also curious how much they plan on using Mark in designed runs this year. Would the amount have changed if they had a healthy Chase Mason as a backup? I'm assuming they are going to be more selective with the QB run, but at the same time I am nervous if they completely abandon it because that is part of what makes Mark great. Not only did he make some big plays with his legs, but I feel like it really helped open up the passing game as well.
    I think back to that National Championship game and the difference could have made with his threat and ability to run the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    First position preview of the season, the SDSU quarterback room has high expectations for this season and is poised to lead a loaded offense. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/2022/08/2022-position-preview-quarterbacks.html
    Thanks Matt. I am also curious how much they plan on using Mark in designed runs this year. Would the amount have changed if they had a healthy Chase Mason as a backup? I'm assuming they are going to be more selective with the QB run, but at the same time I am nervous if they completely abandon it because that is part of what makes Mark great. Not only did he make some big plays with his legs, but I feel like it really helped open up the passing game as well.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Matt -- nice job on the story about the quarterbacks. Watching an older, wiser Gronowski is going to be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    First position preview of the season, the SDSU quarterback room has high expectations for this season and is poised to lead a loaded offense. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/2022/08/2022-position-preview-quarterbacks.html

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    According to the updated roster, Jadon Janke has switched his number from # 9 to # 1.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Jackson was never even on the team. He didn’t qualify.
    He may not have been officially on the team but he attended SDSU last year and if he could have gotten his academics to where they needed to be he would have been on the team in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    what are they calling it now again?

in the past, prop 48 non qualifiers could not be on the team either. they had a year to meet qualifications and then join the team. as i said, i am guessing that is what happened here. after a year he still did not meet qualifications. therefore still could not be on the team. therefore left and my guess is that is why he moved to an NAIA school

if this works the way it did in the past, it is yet another idea that some high minded group of people had, that they think is making things better, but it actually hurts the kids! and it does make it harder for them to get a good education. they are completely separated from the team, therefore separated from all the study tables and tutoring and academic help the team can give, seems like a great idea (wrong)

i wont rant further but i have had previous players who were NOT bad students!!, who were hurt by this

AGAIN, i am only guessing that this is the story with jackson. maybe it is something else. i wish him the best. i have some connections in brandon, not saying that i have ALL the best and most accurate info!!! but i have never heard anything about jackson, other than he is a good kid

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Jackson Hilton to DWU.
    i have NO FACTS so definitely could be wrong
    but this makes me think that he was prop 48ed (i know that is not the current terminology but pretty sure it is the same thing) and did not meet the requirements to regain ncaa eligibility. therefore, NAIA school.

I DO NOT KNOW THAT!!! so maybe there is some other reason but it is difficult to guess what it would be. because it seems incredibly doubtful that he discovered during essentially a red shirt year that not only could he NOT play D1 but he also was not good enough for the NSIC
    unless i am way wrong he is good enough to play D1 and more than talented enough for D2. so there has to be some unique reason for going naia

anyone have any info? maybe he wants to try to go small and play both FB and MBB?? i thought he was also a heck of a basketball player. i thought he often made life tough for current jacks MBB Mohrs whenever they matched up in high school

of course there are NO guarantees, but this feels like a BIG bummer!!!!

really think jackson is a special talent. it will be interesting to see how things play out for him, but i think he has all the athleticism of the smaller WR and DBs but he has the size of the Jankes and maybe even slightly taller.

again BUMMER!!! hope everything works out for the best for him

seems like we had a lot of WR and DB and LB in his class and the one before. with lots of talent and expectations. hopefully a few of those who remain start to show that on the field this fall

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I haven't heard anything about the Burkhard kid. Is he injured?
    Just checked and he isn't listed on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Jackson Hilton to DWU.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    I haven't heard anything about the Burkhard kid. Is he injured?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    John O'Brian, former Bowling Green OL, listed here as transfer to Jacks.

Don't see him listed on BGSU roster after 2020, but he'd at least provide depth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X