X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Do we know (roughly) how many we are looking to sign this period? I know we lose quite a few but the COVID period won't last for ever and you have to spread out your classes.
    See my post right about yours.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Offers:
    RB - Emmett Johnson, 6-0 185, Minneapolis, MN (Holy Angels)- LIkely to sign with Nebraska
    RB - Trevor Burnett, 5-10 190, Glen Ellyn, IL (Glenbard South)- Likely to sign with Illinois
    WR - Trell Harris, 6-1 185, La Grange Park, IL (Nazareth Academy)
    LB - Darius Givance, Champlin, MN (Champlin Park)- Signed with NDSU
    LB - Zach Juckel, Lakeville, MN (Lakeville South)- Signed with Air Force
    ATH - Jacob Parrish, 5-11 165, Olathe, KS (North)- Likely to sign with Kansas State
    ATH - Wyatt Hatcher, 6-3 220, Council Bluffs, IA (Lewis Central)
    ATH - Sam Rensch, 6-6 200, Hutchinson, MN- Signed to play BB with Augie
    ATH - Toriano Tate, 6-1 195, Dekalb, IL
    Considering our success the last couple of seasons, this recruiting class really has taken a hit. Idk, do we look to hit the transfer portal to fill in some gaps? Not our style, but doesn't look like we were very successful hitting on our recruits.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied
    Do we know (roughly) how many we are looking to sign this period? I know we lose quite a few but the COVID period won't last for ever and you have to spread out your classes.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    We'll have more coverage tomorrow. But here is where the class sits as of now. Hopefully their are a few surprised and a fruitful January/February but the 4 decommits have really hurt this class.
    https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...t-tracker.html

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    this is really frustrating. from what we can see, it looks like this young man could be a VERY GOOD RB. but i have NO DOUBT that Stig wished him all the best when he was informed of the decision to decommit. i also wish him the best. i hope he runs for tons of yards against EVERY team in the MVFC. except when he plays us and then i hope he experiences nothing except regret for deciding to get his butt kicked by the jacks instead of kicking butt with us

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

When I saw that Logan had decommitted, I figured he had gotten an FBS offer. But Illinois State ? Really ?
    https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high...c50650a1e.html

He initially committed to FCS powerhouse South Dakota State on Oct. 24, but on Nov. 9, he announced that he was reopening his recruitment.

“Me and my dad, we felt like it was a really quick decision (to commit) and things like that,” Logan said. “We didn’t take everything into consideration at first. It’s a far distance from home.”

I assume ILST being closer to home and the fact that James Robinson has made a good career for himself as a power RB helped seal the deal. Will be interesting to follow his career.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

He's a very good RB. Big and physical - would have been in the hunt to be # 2 RB right away.
    Ahh, I thought Logan Green was who you'd referenced

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Might have a better chance of starting sooner there. DL was one of the position groups that was heavily depleted during Spring season
    He's a very good RB. Big and physical - would have been in the hunt to be # 2 RB right away.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

When I saw that Logan had decommitted, I figured he had gotten an FBS offer. But Illinois State ? Really ?
    Might have a better chance of starting sooner there. DL was one of the position groups that was heavily depleted during Spring season

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Logan and Keyhea have both decommitted.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    There are some personal reasons why Keyhea decommitted that are bigger than football. I'll leave it at that. Gerlach is tough to fault a kid for flipping to his dream school. Just makes me hate Fleck more.
    Just makes you question how a kid could consider the goopher his dream school.....Sorry, I know but they havent been relevant for decades and as soon as Fleck moves on to the next job, they will be back to big 10 struggling to survive. You think nebraska has been down, but they have a history of winning and fan support to make it happen. goophers have 1 good coach who has stolen several of our recruits.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    There are some personal reasons why Keyhea decommitted that are bigger than football. I'll leave it at that. Gerlach is tough to fault a kid for flipping to his dream school. Just makes me hate Fleck more.

Leave a comment:

• Carolina010
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post

Didnt Keyhea just verbal a week or two ago? Maybe i havent been paying attention.

Seems like a small recruiting class.
    It was 10 days between when he committed and decommitted.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied
    I imagine with the craziness of the transfer portal + coaching carousal + extra Covid year that this will be the wildest recruiting season on record.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Logan and Keyhea have both decommitted.
    Didnt Keyhea just verbal a week or two ago? Maybe i havent been paying attention.

Seems like a small recruiting class.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X