X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairiehaas
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Oladokun is definitely impressive. Jacks are fortunate to have him and fans fortunate to watch him play.
    Why did Samford make him #2.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    How about Oladokun’s accuracy? 12 of 14 and it seemed like at least one of the misses was catchable.

I’d hate to see PSJ getting 20 carries the next 2 games. That’s a recipe for disaster when you think about how often RBs get injured. If he were to go down we’d go from wondering what seed we might end up with to worrying about making the playoffs. Teams up and down the Valley are looking very good this year.

Great crowd yesterday. The line to get in the SW gate was still 10 people wide and 100 yards long when we scored our second TD.
    Oladokun is definitely impressive. Jacks are fortunate to have him and fans fortunate to watch him play.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    How about Oladokun’s accuracy? 12 of 14 and it seemed like at least one of the misses was catchable.

I’d hate to see PSJ getting 20 carries the next 2 games. That’s a recipe for disaster when you think about how often RBs get injured. If he were to go down we’d go from wondering what seed we might end up with to worrying about making the playoffs. Teams up and down the Valley are looking very good this year.

Great crowd yesterday. The line to get in the SW gate was still 10 people wide and 100 yards long when we scored our second TD.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Zimmer was asked that question and answered “yes” but didn’t know the amount. He said Coach Stugart just said it was a nice payment
    I'd be interested in what Tarleton State paid Ft. Lewis to play in Stephenville yesterday, if the Texans' argument was that they couldn't afford trip to SDSU due to Covid budgetary constraints.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post
    If strong is healthy and apears to be this year. He can rush 25 times agame imho. Atleast 20. Plus it appears ee have a a qb with an accurate arm and just found out he has 2 legit tight ends and the janke brothers.

Just sucks this could be 2nd game in a row with a season ending injury. Maybe that guy who was in the field at halftime could use his extra covid year and comeback for one more year.....
    I thought Stig mentioned during interview with Tyler that Davis would likely be out at least a month, but I was driving and might have misunderstood that.

Eck has demonstrated ability to adapt, transitioning to screen passes, which PSJ is also adept at catch. If Johnson, Johnson & Buri can do that and take some carries, Jacks should be able to weather Davis' absence.

Losing Davis is definitely detrimental, but there's no reason to hamper his recovery with a rushed return to lineup, particularly with upcoming opponents. Speaking of returns, hopefully we've seen the last of Davis as a regular return man. I'd be fine with Feldkamp or someone like Buri handling those duties.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    If strong is healthy and apears to be this year. He can rush 25 times agame imho. Atleast 20. Plus it appears ee have a a qb with an accurate arm and just found out he has 2 legit tight ends and the janke brothers.

Just sucks this could be 2nd game in a row with a season ending injury. Maybe that guy who was in the field at halftime could use his extra covid year and comeback for one more year.....

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied
    Stig just said on the post game that the Davis injury appears “fairly serious” and he expects he will be out for some time. Obviously unknown on what the injury is and what constitutes a significant amount of time. According to google, a collar bone could be 6 to 8 weeks, but could be a lot longer too, depending on severity. I think the question will be if it is season ending or if there is a chance for him to me back in time for playoffs. Major bummer.

Beyond that, now what happens to our emphasis on the ground game? We can’t just expect PSJ to pick up the carries, and we lose some of that physicality that Davis had. Amar Johnson looked good tonight, but I don’t think he’s a big time power guy. And Buri May still be too young to crack the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied
    Predicted 66-21. Thought Brister would get a bit more offense going. As I said, the GLVC is not the best of D2 football conferences. If Lindenwood is that bad, think of what William Jewell is like.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Kick return coverage teams need a lot more work.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
    Does SDSU pay Lindenwood like we get paid to play a FBS?
    Zimmer was asked that question and answered “yes” but didn’t know the amount. He said Coach Stugart just said it was a nice payment

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Announced attendance is 15,162.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied
    Yes. To pay Lindenwood. Certainly not as much as CSU paid SDSU. Complete domination, as hoped for. Good to see 2nds and redshirts in during 2nd qtr

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
    Yes, but the amount is usually a lot smaller. Not sure the total for this game, but it makes a difference for their athletic departments too.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit'14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    45-0. Perfect Jackrabbit game except for the Davis injury. Thinking the 3rd/4th stringers are going to get extended 2nd half playing time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X