GDT: @ North Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Had to go peek at Bisonville. The salt levels over there are HIGH! It's quite hilarious!
    You're a braver soul than I

Nevertheless, I'm genuinely curious about the feasibility of them moving to FBS (which gained considerable steam among Fargo media the past couple weeks), and the rhetoric about JMU leaving CAA

Let's say Bison do make move to FBS. Do you think Jacks should try to follow?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Nevertheless, I'm genuinely curious about the feasibility of them moving to FBS (which gained considerable steam among Fargo media the past couple weeks), and the rhetoric about JMU leaving CAA

No. SDSU is not ready for that. I believe ndsu is ready to make the jump. Might be the right time to do it, too.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

No. SDSU is not ready for that. I believe ndsu is ready to make the jump. Might be the right time to do it, too.
        I tend to agree.

I just hope the Jacks don't think they have to follow NDSU for rivalry's sake and risk program/athletic department sustainability

Comment

I tend to agree.

I just hope the Jacks don't think they have to follow NDSU for rivalry's sake and risk program/athletic department sustainability
          Justin Sell is a smart man. He knows better than to make that jump. I'm not confident SDSU will ever go to the FBS.
          Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Justin Sell is a smart man. He knows better than to make that jump. I'm not confident SDSU will ever go to the FBS.
            I'm not sure they should, although if they'd just have Amtrak add a couple Jackrabbit Express bullet trains between Omaha and Brookings and Rapid and Brookings, they might increase attendance at home games to requisite levels.

Comment

...And the Sioux Falls media were sure that Augustana was as good as in with the Summit League.

I suppose NDSU could aspire to the lofty levels reached by Wyoming or Ball State in FBS. They ain't gonna seriously challenge the Alabama and Clemsons of the world any time soon though.

If NDSU were sitting in the football-sweet spot of the South, I'd say yeah they'd have a decent chance to be at least consistently decently competitive in FBS. In the Fargodome though? No. Is NDSU/Fargo going to put up a facility the size of the Alamodome (at least)? Would they be able to fill the place playing an all-FBS schedule?

They've been able to pull off a few upsets playing one game per year vs. FBS competition. It does not necessarily follow that their successes there would automatically translate successfully into full 11/12-game FBS seasons though.

And should SDSU follow? No. Not until they can at least get a consistent 18,000+ per game in the DJD, (and pull 9-10,000 in even when the snow's flying).
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Before we get too far off topic, let's just say a big congratulations to this team and coaching staff. Not just for winning a share of the MVFC crown, but for staying healthy the entire season. Gotta keep it up through the playoffs. There is no postponement if somebody gets sick; team is done! Everyone should be watching ESPNU tomorrow morning at 10:30 for the selection show. Should be an interesting playoff field.
                Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

...And the Sioux Falls media were sure that Augustana was as good as in with the Summit League.

I suppose NDSU could aspire to the lofty levels reached by Wyoming or Ball State in FBS. They ain't gonna seriously challenge the Alabama and Clemsons of the world any time soon though.

If NDSU were sitting in the football-sweet spot of the South, I'd say yeah they'd have a decent chance to be at least consistently decently competitive in FBS. In the Fargodome though? No. Is NDSU/Fargo going to put up a facility the size of the Alamodome (at least)? Would they be able to fill the place playing an all-FBS schedule?

They've been able to pull off a few upsets playing one game per year vs. FBS competition. It does not necessarily follow that their successes there would automatically translate successfully into full 11/12-game FBS seasons though.

And should SDSU follow? No. Not until they can at least get a consistent 18,000+ per game in the DJD, (and pull 9-10,000 in even when the snow's flying).
                  Their argument is that it would reduce transfers to FBS (since they'd be FBS themselves), facilitate recruiting, and they'd play MWC teams rather than less notable Valley teams.

I haven't seen anyone realistically proposing they'd challenge top-five FBS powers. Rather, they assert NDSU would be able to schedule FBS teams that'd be more attractive to fans, and they'd have a shot at bowls in locations that the media deems more palatable

As for the Fargodome, their argument seems to be that their current capacity is equivalent to a recent FBS team like Coastal Carolina

Comment

Had to go peek at Bisonville. The salt levels over there are HIGH! It's quite hilarious!
                    Your comment made me curious... Thanks a lot for the bad idea! I noted at least one post referred to the Jacks as "little brother" and another post or two referred to the game as our "super bowl." I think comments like those are evidence of small, dull minds and an apparent lack of ability to come up with something a little more creative (and even humorous). But I am also reminded I've seen similar references to "little brother" and "super bowl" made by some Jacks fans on this message board about a certain school a couple hours south of Brookings. Personally, I think those comments are pretty dumb whether made about my Jackrabbits or about a team the Jackrabbits have played.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Your comment made me curious... Thanks a lot for the bad idea! I noted at least one post referred to the Jacks as "little brother" and another post or two referred to the game as our "super bowl." I think comments like those are evidence of small, dull minds and an apparent lack of ability to come up with something a little more creative (and even humorous). But I am also reminded I've seen similar references to "little brother" and "super bowl" made by some Jacks fans on this message board about a certain school a couple hours south of Brookings. Personally, I think those comments are pretty dumb whether made about my Jackrabbits or about a team the Jackrabbits have played.
                      I too succumbed to curiosity. Did you notice the one post mentioning "PS being done"?

I'm guessing that's Sproles, and I haven't seen anything mentioning that. The last I heard was that he'd be back for Fall season, but I won't weep if he transfers too

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post

It was interesting to see some of them ragging on Watson for what they thought was a drop late in the game. After he basically won the UNI game last week by himself. It was good to see that the Jacks figured out how to make him a non-factor in the return game.

Comment

• Does anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale? I checked the Go Jacks website but didn't see anything about it. Is the stadium going to be open to full capacity?

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaJack View Post
                            Does anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale? I checked the Go Jacks website but didn't see anything about it. Is the stadium going to be open to full capacity?
                            Playoffs, including the championship, will be capped at 25% capacity in each venue by the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Playoffs, including the championship, will be capped at 25% capacity in each venue by the NCAA.
                              I'm curious how that'll go for folks who opted to apply Fall 2020 season ticket payments to Fall 2021 and didn't attend pair of home games this year.

Now that I'm "vaxxed," I'd at least like chance to get tickets

Comment

I'm curious how that'll go for folks who opted to apply Fall 2020 season ticket payments to Fall 2021 and didn't attend pair of home games this year.

Now that I'm "vaxxed," I'd at least like chance to get tickets
                                Probably same process as any year. Priority points.

Comment

Working...
                                X