X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAS/Fargo Dome

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
    NDSUFreak10,

I think he was writing about the light introduction every week..not the seniors. We introduce our seniors at the last game too.

But anyways....I personally loved the introduction they had up there and if our team came out in an atmostphere like that every week (yes...with the lights), it would be great. Bohl leading the team onto the field was awesome! That just gets you jacked up.

To anyone else:
    But anyways...I really dont understand why anyone can get mad about the "commercialized atmosphere"....you have to make money where you can get it and if NDSU has to sell out a little bit....then more power too them. Other than the turf, I thought the atmosphere and facility was way above ours. And I understand, it probably should be at the time considering it's a dome and it's louder...bigger game, etc...and the atmosphere was great a couple of years ago when we played NDSU(what a GREAT game!) but just dont take anything away from them...they run it right up there and they are moving in the right direction....I loved it!

And with the turf..I made a comment about it too during the game but I understand $$ talks..it'll come someday I'm sure. Hopefully soon though.....it looked pretty rough.
    [smiley=beer.gif] Here's to you SDSUJack3031. You get it.

Some of the other Jack's fans seem to be a little green with envy.

I especially liked the fan who said the concussion pyrotechnics scared him. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Just turn down your hearing aid grandpa. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Comment

What's that, sonny.... mah hearin' aid's got no battrees.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        [quote author=ndsubison link=1164229745/15#26 date=1164503547][quote author=Rabbitden link=1164229745/15#24 date=1164492866]Trust me, the last thing I am is sore but when someone like you comes on here with all the answers (one sided at that) and doesnt show real respect for the game it makes one wonder your true a.k.a.

Your 8 championship banners have nothing to do with Div IAA so get over it.  I rather respect NDSU but there is a name for people like you no matter where your from.  So please (Give us a Break).

Im done, out and finished with this conversation...enjoy your NICE DREAMS (a.k.a. Cheech & Chong).
        Someone "like me"?  I fail to see your point.  Who says "someone like me" has all the answers?  What answers are you talking about?  If SDSU had 8 NC Football Banners I'm sure we'd all hear about it.  However, that is not the case.  I have a lot of respect for the game.  I'm sure you do, too.    BTW--I do not smoke pot so take your "Cheech & Chong" reference and shove it.  
        [/quote]

ndsubison:
        Here is a fair question to you and for the readers of this board. What role did you play in helping NDSU win those 8 national championship banners?

If you were a player you could feel proud, but if you just a fan who attended the games, and cheered well thanks for telling us about those banners. . Its not that I did not know about them, its just getting a little old.
        [/quote]

Hmmm.  That is a fair question and it got me thinking.

I personally played no role in the past championships that NDSU has enjoyed.  But as a fan and alum, shouldn't I be proud of our past successes...our tradition?

Now as for our future championships, my role as a fan is clear.  To donate to the program, be an ambassador of the program, and to scream my guts out, every game I can.

Here is a fair question for you.  If fans don't play a role in sports, why do they attend games?  Why do they care?  Sheer entertainment?  

No.

What is the point of being a fan if you don't feel you are a part of the program in some way?  If you haven't already I suggest you watch a movie called "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon.  I think it gives great insight into the minds of fanatics.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
          What's that, sonny.... mah hearin' aid's got no battrees.
          You may want to check your bi-focals instead. ;D

Comment

nah, my glasses are hetero! ;D
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Well this one certainly started out interesting and ended in a big pile-o-smack. Sorry to see this kind of deterioration on both sides.

Comment

Aw, grizzled, I'm just being a goof!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison
                  [quote author=Rabbitden link=1164229745/15#24 date=1164492866]Trust me, the last thing I am is sore but when someone like you comes on here with all the answers (one sided at that) and doesnt show real respect for the game it makes one wonder your true a.k.a.

Your 8 championship banners have nothing to do with Div IAA so get over it.  I rather respect NDSU but there is a name for people like you no matter where your from.  So please (Give us a Break).

Im done, out and finished with this conversation...enjoy your NICE DREAMS (a.k.a. Cheech & Chong).
                  Someone "like me"?  I fail to see your point.  Who says "someone like me" has all the answers?  What answers are you talking about?  If SDSU had 8 NC Football Banners I'm sure we'd all hear about it.  However, that is not the case.  I have a lot of respect for the game.  I'm sure you do, too.    BTW--I do not smoke pot so take your "Cheech & Chong" reference and shove it.  
                  [/quote]

This is the one post that started the fair question. My point is I dont care about NDSU'S 8 banners of which one or more are predate 1973 and before D2 playoffs. Should we care that NDSU beat Grambling in 1969? Its getting a little old. I could tell you all about the SDSU 1963 National BB champs or the 1985 runnersup and so on and so forth. I yes I too am a fan and always will be one. I see not a reason to boast about the past, 8 banners on a Jackrabbit board. Are we suppose to be totally intimidated by the 8 banners? I for one am not.. They are what they are in the eyes of the beholder. This is a Jackrabbit board. Take your Bison smack back to Bisonville where everyone enjoys and agrees.

Comment

+++++

Comment

Enough with the smack on this thread.

Take it to the smack forum, or better yet, just give it a rest.

Thosed engaged in smack should consider this your first and last warning.

In the meantime, I am locking this thread.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X