2020 Signing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Signing Day

Officially signed per SDSU Football tweets.

QB - Mark Gronowski, 6'3" 200, Naperville, IL (Neuqua Valley) - HUDL
    Offers: Valparaiso, Butler
    RB - Isaiah Davis, 6'0" 228, Joplin, MO - HUDL
    Offers: Missouri Southern, Southeast Missouri State
    RB - Avian Thomas, 5'10" 187, Booville, MO - HUDL
    Offers: Missouri Western
    WR/CB - Isaac Appleget, 6'2" 190, Lincoln, NE (Southeast) - HUDL
    Offers: Southeast Missouri State
    WR/Ath - Devin Cole, 5'11" 175, Clermont, FL (Lake Minneola) - HUDL

Offers: USD, Jacksonville
    WR/FS - AJ Coons, 6'4" 200, Solon, IA - HUDL
    Offers: UND, Minnesota State, Bemidji State
    WR - Daeton McGaughy, 6'1" 190, St. Joseph, MO (Lafayette) - HUDL
    Offers: UNI, Northwest Missouri State
    WR/S - Nate Sullivan, Jr., 6'3" 185, Bellevue, NE (West) - HUDL
    Offers: Buffalo, UNI, UND
    OL - Jalen Lee, 6'4" 285, Oak Lawn, IL (Richards) - HUDL
    Offers: Western Illinois, YSU, Indiana State, N Michigan, UT Martin, Minnesota State
    OL -
    Gus Miller, 6'3" 260, Brookings, SD - HUDL
    TE - Wyatt Seagren, 6'7" 225, Oakland, NE (Oakland-Craig) - HUDL
    Offers: NDSU, Western Illinois, Jacksonville State
    DE/TE -
    Max Baloun, 6'6" 240, Redfield, SD (Redfield/Doland) - HUDL
    DE/TE - Mitch Eichacker, 6'4" 225, Sioux Falls, SD (Lincoln) - HUDL
    Offers: USD, NDSU, Dartmouth, Princeton
    DE/LB - Randy Keumogne, 6'3" 218, Oakdale, MN (Tartan) - HUDL
    Offers: UNI, Sioux Falls, Winona State
    DE/TE - Brandon Lane***,6'5" 245, Lee's Summit, MO (St. Michael) - HUDL

Offers: Toledo, Kent State, Bowling Green, Wyoming, NDSU, USD, Eastern Illinois
    DT - Max VanMeter, 6'5" 265, Shawnee Mission, MO (Bishop Miege) - HUDL
    LB - Caleb Francl, 6'0" 175, Grand Island, NE (GISH) - HUDL
    Offers: Southwest Minnesota State, Augustana, Nebraska-Kearney
    LB - Aaron Kusler, 6'2" 210, Sioux Falls, SD (Roosevelt) - HUDL
    Offers: USD, NDSU
    LB - Adam Kusler, 6'2" 201, Sioux Falls, SD (Roosevelt) - HUDL
    Offers: USD, NDSU
    DB - Steven Arrell, 6'2" 170, Osseo, MN - HUDL
    Offers: Sioux Falls, Minnesota State, UMD, Mary, Bemidji
    DB - Dalys Beanum, 6'0" 170, Omaha, NE (Millard West) - HUDL

Offers: Kent State, Austin Peay, Southeast Missouri State
    DB - Abraham Hoskins III, 6'2" 175, Omaha, NE (Central) - HUDL
    Offers: UND, UNI, Indiana State, Iowa Western

Safety - Cale Reeder, 6'0" 180, Yorkville, IL - HUDL

Offers: Truman State, Minnesota State, Augie, Sioux Falls
    K - Hunter Dustman****, 6'3" 210, St. Francis, MN - HUDL, YouTube
    Offers: USD
    (Hunter is ranked 4.5 stars by Kohl's Kicking Camp, #84 overall.)
    LS - Jaden Mueller, 6'0" 215, Johnstone, IA - HUDL
    Last edited by GopherHole; 12-18-2019, 03:24 PM.

Re: 2020 Signing Day

Here is a little more info on this class. https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...gning-day.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I really don't follow recruiting too close, so much of a toss up as far as who pans out and who doesn't that I just haven't gotten into it much. Nice work on the Jackrabbit Illustrated report/blog. Question on Brandon Lane.... did he really have an offer from Arkansas? As in we stole a recruit from an SEC school?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
        I really don't follow recruiting too close, so much of a toss up as far as who pans out and who doesn't that I just haven't gotten into it much. Nice work on the Jackrabbit Illustrated report/blog. Question on Brandon Lane.... did he really have an offer from Arkansas? As in we stole a recruit from an SEC school?
        Yes. Just wrapped up my podcast episode with Dan Jackson and he has a little more info on it.

Comment

Westside, great job on the reporting on the recruiting front.

Was Gronowski just overlooked? His offers weren't as impressive as others, but I know the coaches and you are really high on him.

Comment

If you haven't already heard it, give the signing day recap a listen. Coach Jackson was nice enough to give me an hour of his time.
            https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...ing-Day-e9lok3

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              Westside, great job on the reporting on the recruiting front.

Was Gronowski just overlooked? His offers weren't as impressive as others, but I know the coaches and you are really high on him.
              I think so. There is lots of hype surrounding the Illinois 2021 QB class. Dan talks a little a bit about it in the podcast. FWIW, EdgyTim in Illinois had Mark as the top rated QB in Illinois for 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I think so. There is lots of hype surrounding the Illinois 2021 QB class. Dan talks a little a bit about it in the podcast. FWIW, EdgyTim in Illinois had Mark as the top rated QB in Illinois for 2020.

Thanks for all of your work here WestSide. Much appreciated.

Comment

If you haven't already heard it, give the signing day recap a listen. Coach Jackson was nice enough to give me an hour of his time.
                  https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...ing-Day-e9lok3
                  That podcast is AWESOME!!! I’ve listened to it twice and I’m so pumped for next season already.

Comment

Agreed! Just listened to it! Softens the blow from how the season ended!

Comment

I especially enjoyed the uncut version yesterday morning! Thanks for all your work on recruiting WestSide! I’ve enjoyed the podcasts and blogs all season - keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                        I especially enjoyed the uncut version yesterday morning! Thanks for all your work on recruiting WestSide! I’ve enjoyed the podcasts and blogs all season - keep up the good work!
                        Glad you enjoyed it! Gave me a damn heart attack. Anchor software had a glitch yesterday after they did an update. Hundreds of podcasts went out without edits. The weird part was, the direct link from Anchor (that was posted on twitter) was the correct audio. It was the audio that was on all the hosting platforms that was uncut. Thanks to SLOSHO for letting me know!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it! Gave me a damn heart attack. Anchor software had a glitch yesterday after they did an update. Hundreds of podcasts went out without edits. The weird part was, the direct link from Anchor (that was posted on twitter) was the correct audio. It was the audio that was on all the hosting platforms that was uncut. Thanks to SLOSHO for letting me know!
                          Even off the record, Dan Jackson is a class act!

Comment

Interesting tidbit from the podcast with Dan Jackson. He mentioned how there's a push on the defensive side to get 5 or 6 DBs on the field at a time, so they needed to develop depth at those positions. Having at least 5 DBs on the field has become almost a standard for most college and pro teams. Glad to hear we're headed that way and getting away from the standard 4-3 look all the time which has become outdated. There were multiple times where LBs got burned in coverage this year, which can still happen if an offense creates mismatches, but replacing an LB with a DB makes it less likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Interesting tidbit from the podcast with Dan Jackson. He mentioned how there's a push on the defensive side to get 5 or 6 DBs on the field at a time, so they needed to develop depth at those positions. Having at least 5 DBs on the field has become almost a standard for most college and pro teams. Glad to hear we're headed that way and getting away from the standard 4-3 look all the time which has become outdated. There were multiple times where LBs got burned in coverage this year, which can still happen if an offense creates mismatches, but replacing an LB with a DB makes it less likely to happen.
                              Specific example... Cody Case getting behind Levi Brown and Logan Backhaus on USD scoring drives. Brown and Backhaus are about as athletic as it gets at this level and it is still a mismatch when they get locked up man to man on a slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X