No announcement yet.

2020 roster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My main concerns are WR, LB depth, and the lack of experience behind PSJ. Now, I think the transfer RB and some of the young back will probably help, but its an unknown. LB is concerning, bit we have always had about e average to outstanding backer play, so I have faith they will step up. Both OL and DL should be in good shape, which will go a long ways in helping the aforementioned areas out.

With QB, I dont know how to feel. Obviously, if Gibbs is ready to go, I feel like he's our best bet, unless one of the other two clearly overtake him. But from what I'm hearing and seeing, it seems like he may not be ready to go. And even if he is, how likely is it that he reinjures himself. Its been almost a year and half since the NDSU game. Any injury that is still giving him problems isn't likely to not be a factor in his career going forward. Grownoski seems to have shown great promise already. I have a feeling that whoever finishes the spring season at QB is likely to be the QB1 going forward.

I really wish we didn't have to start off with UNI, although their roster is more tame due to transfers than it once appeared. That's a tough game for any of our qbs to start with. Gibbs was (and is) still a relatively inexperienced player, so I wouldn't feel great about any of them in that game.

If we can get through the first two weeks at 2-0, I like our chances of some qb progress in weeks 3, 4, and 5 before playing the Redbirds at home and finishing the season at NDSU and home vs the yotes.

Comment

• Very concerning to potentially go into UNI game with a quarterback who has never taken a college game snap.

Comment

• The more I look through the roster, the more concerned I am with the receiving group. Janke's are the only ones with any game stats that have much height, and even then, they are somewhat average at 6' 3". I'm not sure who is going to step up to be a deep threat or a jump ball guy with this group. The flip side is that our TE group has great soze and might help fill in the gap, but we are really missing a Weineke/Schneider sized guy on this roster, or at least one with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          The more I look through the roster, the more concerned I am with the receiving group. Janke's are the only ones with any game stats that have much height, and even then, they are somewhat average at 6' 3". I'm not sure who is going to step up to be a deep threat or a jump ball guy with this group. The flip side is that our TE group has great soze and might help fill in the gap, but we are really missing a Weineke/Schneider sized guy on this roster, or at least one with experience.
          Throw the jump balls to the tight ends. Cade Johnson was 5-10, and he constantly shredded defenses as a wide receiver. Good speed, good moves and good hands can make up for lack of good height.
          This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Very concerning to potentially go into UNI game with a quarterback who has never taken a college game snap.
            Every player is different, but J'Bore Gibbs was in the same situation starting the Minnesota game in 2019, and he was having a good season before he got hurt. And having a veteran OL and a healthy Pierre Strong takes some of the pressure off. And a good running game will be very important in the early outside games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Very concerning to potentially go into UNI game with a quarterback who has never taken a college game snap.
              Zimmer is posting videos from practice tonight, and one shows Gibbs, Heide and Gronowski all participating in passing drills.

Comment

• Gibbs was in a knee brace during that video, for what it's worth. I hope he can stay injury free this spring, but I'm nervous for his future if he's still dealing with the 2019 injury.

Comment

• Any insiders got any thoughts on who the starting QB will be?

Zim said on the MVFC call, that Stig didn't tip his hand to any of the three?

I'm just curious... no need for anyone to spill any beans, if there are beans to be hidden.

Comment

Working...
                  X