Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Coyotes

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    I think they were trying to preserve his 4 games so he could redshirt envisioning a long playoff run. Oops.
    Wes wants to have another season, his parents want him to have another season, the coaches want him to have another season (and it obviously would improve his chances of a look at the NFL). So...no Oops here. It was the right thing. Even playing Genent wasn't going to overcome the four fumbles, which IMO means I am glad we get him back next year. And our close losses to #14 Minnesota and #1 NDSU, along with our season-long ranking most of the year, got us right where we want to be (thanks USD, for getting us out of going to the Dome). All of that said, unless we get either Pierre or C. J. back (and the extra week bye may help that?), we can't just alternating runs for Mikey and passes for Heide, Frisco looks a little difficult. But we ARE still in it. Way to go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Wes wants to have another season, his parents want him to have another season, the coaches want him to have another season (and it obviously would improve his chances of a look at the NFL). So...no Oops here. It was the right thing. Even playing Genent wasn't going to overcome the four fumbles, which IMO means I am glad we get him back next year. And our close losses to #14 Minnesota and #1 NDSU, along with our season-long ranking most of the year, got us right where we want to be (thanks USD, for getting us out of going to the Dome). All of that said, unless we get either Pierre or C. J. back (and the extra week bye may help that?), we can't just alternating runs for Mikey and passes for Heide, Frisco looks a little difficult. But we ARE still in it. Way to go Jacks!

We didn't because Wes didnt play the Oline played fine. The sacks I recall where coverage sacks, Heide needs to learn to throw the ball away and avoid negative plays. We where able to run between the tackles just fine. Its all the cute plays that went for negative yards that hurt our drives.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
        We didn't because Wes didnt play the Oline played fine. The sacks I recall where coverage sacks, Heide needs to learn to throw the ball away and avoid negative plays. We where able to run between the tackles just fine. Its all the cute plays that went for negative yards that hurt our drives.
        I would rather a freshman take a sack like that then an ill advised throw. His stats were pretty solid. Asking a freshman to play perfect after 3 games is a lot. He had 300 yards and good completion percentage and no ints so taking a sack is ok. Remember the goofer game. Gibbs try's to throw it away and int probably cost us the game. He takes a sack we play on or punt it away.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I would rather a freshman take a sack like that then an ill advised throw. His stats were pretty solid. Asking a freshman to play perfect after 3 games is a lot. He had 300 yards and good completion percentage and no ints so taking a sack is ok. Remember the goofer game. Gibbs try's to throw it away and int probably cost us the game. He takes a sack we play on or punt it away.
          I thought his stats were solid too, but Stig said on the coaches show last night that Heide didn’t grade out well from the game and that he missed some handoffs and held onto the ball too long.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            I thought his stats were solid too, but Stig said on the coaches show last night that Heide didn’t grade out well from the game and that he missed some handoffs and held onto the ball too long.
            Stig also said stats are for losers.

Comment

The point is he needs to throw the ball away (out of bounds), and live to play another down and not lose yardage.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                The point is he needs to throw the ball away (out of bounds), and live to play another down and not lose yardage.
                In a perfect world a freshman qb in his 3 game would have that mastered. Probably need to watch the film maybe he might had held the ball when there were open throws but freshman dont trust their eyes.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

In a perfect world a freshman qb in his 3 game would have that mastered. Probably need to watch the film maybe he might had held the ball when there were open throws but freshman dont trust their eyes.
                  I don't think it will be a hard concept for Heide to do , he does the hard part very well(moving in the pocket). And since hes more of a pass before he is a runner.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    This! Took some unnecessary sacks and hits!

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      I don't think it will be a hard concept for Heide to do , he does the hard part very well(moving in the pocket). And since hes more of a pass before he is a runner.

If he has been the starter all season I would expect that he can handle throwing away. he is good in the pocket, doesn't get happy feet but as he learns to trust his eyes he will know when to pull the trigger. He does plenty well from where I sit, but add that 3 second clock in his head, that if the play isn't there he needs to look to scramble get his head on a swivel to look for pressure and throw the ball way.

Comment

26-35 for over 300 yards and 2 TD and no Ints. the 4 sacks seems like the least of the teams problems on offense. The fumbles red flag #1. 2nd was probably play calling and that's on the coaches. If we run physical like Daniels was and not get cute (need to stop the Jet sweep, or use that formation for a different play, fake the jet sweep to get defense going side ways and maybe roll tight end off the back side or Daniels gets the run up the middle with the cut back lane) I think we win but we didn't stick with the run enough IMHO. that hurt. maybe 3rd was the sacks, but that's also on the Oline to give your freshman QB enough time.

Comment

Working...
                        X