Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Less than 300 tickets left.
    Less than 150 tickets left.

Comment

A fuller house will make this a special day! There may be too much green for my liking, but it is hard for many Jackrabbits fans to make that 190 mile trip who will pay that $65 ticket which is a small part of the day's cost. Not to offend those fans who make a regular trip to Brookings and drive much further, the NDSU fans should school a few Saturday with the enthusiasm and numbers. For those within the 190 mile radius and do not attend, we should not hear how the attendance is disappointing for other games in Brookings. Also, kudos to the athletic staff for the increased ticket price for this event. You have a building to pay for!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Less than 75 tickets left.

Comment

Dallas Goedert would make a great guest picker.
          "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Also, kudos to the athletic staff for the increased ticket price for this event. You have a building to pay for!
            That's a well I wouldn't try to go to very often. One time too many and not a singe car from Fargo will head down for games in Brookings and you will be back to 2 tickets for six bucks. Gouging a traveling fan base will work on occasion but can end up with less than predictable results.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              That's a well I wouldn't try to go to very often. One time too many and not a singe car from Fargo will head down for games in Brookings and you will be back to 2 tickets for six bucks. Gouging a traveling fan base will work on occasion but can end up with less than predictable results.
              I am not certain anymore what NDSU gets for tickets to stand in the endzone, but this ticket comes with a seat. I am sure there is a government agency you could turn in the department for gouging. Also, the rumors of Bison fans offering $100 for tickets must be for a friend. Once again, the cost of a ticket is a portion of the total cost for the day/night for the game unless you are packing a lunch and refilling bottles of water and bring a sleeping bag when you pull into Walmart.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                NDSU GameDay Trivia:

GameDay was in Fargo in 2013 and 2014. On 9/21/13, the Bison hosted Delaware State following the ESPN GameDay that morning. NDSU won 51-0. Delaware State had a 5-6 season that year.

In 2014, GameDay returned to Fargo on September 13. On that day the Bison opened their home schedule against University of Incarnate Word. Bison 58, Incarnate Word 0. UIW ended the season 2-9.
                The coolest part about this is they are coming for the game, not just to feature a program like they did the last two times in Fargo. I really, really hope they do the story of NDSU and SDSU moving to D1 together and all the controversy. That would be so awesome, and end the story showing the numerous NFL players from both teams since that time.

So stoked to get up to Brookings for this since I missed the last two in Fargo. Yes, I will be wearing green, but soak it up, Jack fans. You've never had exposure like this for your football team.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                  The coolest part about this is they are coming for the game, not just to feature a program like they did the last two times in Fargo. I really, really hope they do the story of NDSU and SDSU moving to D1 together and all the controversy. That would be so awesome, and end the story showing the numerous NFL players from both teams since that time.

So stoked to get up to Brookings for this since I missed the last two in Fargo. Yes, I will be wearing green, but soak it up, Jack fans. You've never had exposure like this for your football team.
                  I'm certain they will have a story of us moving up together and all the obstacles that we both had to overcome. Will be really cool to see our facilities upgrades highlighted. We do owe a lot of this to the bison, no way they would be coming to Brookings if we weren't playing them. I think this is the biggest day in Jackrabbit football history, hopefully we put on a great show for gameday and then win the game

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    They need to open up tailgating at 630. Gameday starts at 8.

If any SDSU athletic department people are reading this it needs to happen. They’ll want pictures and cameras will be all over.
                    6:30 should be the latest possible start time for tailgate... Honestly, they should open it up at 5:00am. Or even the night before to RV's. I'm sure then they run into some sort of legal problem with facilities or porta potties or something. Or some liability thing. Or understaffed UPD. Who knows.

Hopefully GameDay is set up somewhere near the stadium and not downtown. It would be cool if fans could go from the tailgate to Gameday and back to tailgate all in one area. Rather than have the show downtown, some fans skip it because they'd rather tailgate. Then some fans skip tailgate cause they'd rather be downtown all morning. Then you have an issue of people driving between the two. Put everything in one spot, it's a tremendous opportunity to highlight your school. We can't mess this up for all the other FCS schools across the country that hope to get gameday in the future.

Comment

Congrats on getting Gameday. Soak it up and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                        6:30 should be the latest possible start time for tailgate... Honestly, they should open it up at 5:00am. Or even the night before to RV's. I'm sure then they run into some sort of legal problem with facilities or porta potties or something. Or some liability thing. Or understaffed UPD. Who knows.

Hopefully GameDay is set up somewhere near the stadium and not downtown. It would be cool if fans could go from the tailgate to Gameday and back to tailgate all in one area. Rather than have the show downtown, some fans skip it because they'd rather tailgate. Then some fans skip tailgate cause they'd rather be downtown all morning. Then you have an issue of people driving between the two. Put everything in one spot, it's a tremendous opportunity to highlight your school. We can't mess this up for all the other FCS schools across the country that hope to get gameday in the future.
                        While I agree on campus is best for Brookings, note that NDSU ran buses from the tailgate to downtown due to these issues. I trust SDSU would be smart enough to do the same.

Comment

SOLD OUT.

I know that I am going to encounter a lot of people this week asking me if I know of anyone looking to get rid of their tickets. I am going to give them a dirty look and walk away.
                          Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-21-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

While I agree on campus is best for Brookings, note that NDSU ran buses from the tailgate to downtown due to these issues. I trust SDSU would be smart enough to do the same.
                            If it is downtown, I could possibly see more NDSU fans choosing to go downtown pre game and more SDSU fans choosing to stay at their tailgate spots. Thus, on national TV it would appear that NDSU outnumbers SDSU. Who knows what will happen, but hopefully we do it correct. If everyone went downtown and it looked like a few blocks of mainstreet were standing room only, it would certainly be a cool backdrop. As would a few parts of our stadium or a full tailgate lot also make a nice background.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA. You have limited experience with us... My tweet asking them to please open tailgating before 9am has close to 200 likes because SDSU has a history of not doing common sense things in regards to game day atmosphere.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I was thinking the amphitheater by the campanile would be a good place. Or maybe the Grass area between the 2 south tailgating lots.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X