GDT: @ UofM Golden Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UofM Golden Gophers

Btw... pretty sure this is illegal, but there's a full game replay available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHYNhyeJJE0

Comment

In Reece's defense, it isn't like he had a straight line to set up behind so he could insure he wouldn't be lined up in the neutral zone.

It would never had been called, but you can see that the RG/RT were not breaking the center's hips either. That would have been an illegal formation at the snap. I'm guessing Reece was gauging his position based on the RG/RT being lined up so deep.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        In Reece's defense, it isn't like he had a straight line to set up behind so he could insure he wouldn't be lined up in the neutral zone.

It would never had been called, but you can see that the RG/RT were not breaking the center's hips either. That would have been an illegal formation at the snap. I'm guessing Reece was gauging his position based on the RG/RT being lined up so deep.
        Ha, they were lined up pretty deep, but you would think a guy would take a peak inside to see where the ball is at.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I went to go look at a couple things on the replay and watched the first play of the game where we were called for offsides. Reece must have been a little excited to start the game. Lol, lined up JUST a bit offsides.

Hey, I would rather see this than what we used to do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I went to go look at a couple things on the replay and watched the first play of the game where we were called for offsides. Reece must have been a little excited to start the game. Lol, lined up JUST a bit offsides.

I get all of the points in Reece's defense, but you would think since the kickoff was a touchback and the ball automatically goes to the 25 he would know he has to be behind the 25 yard line, and know not to line up past it. Literally one of the few downs of the game where you know the exact yard line the ball is placed. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
              I get all of the points in Reece's defense, but you would think since the kickoff was a touchback and the ball automatically goes to the 25 he would know he has to be behind the 25 yard line, and know not to line up past it. Literally one of the few downs of the game where you know the exact yard line the ball is placed. LOL
              I would imagine film review on this one was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I was at the game and have watched the replay once since returning home. There's one lingering item that bugs me a little: Coach Fleck stating to the press in his post-game comments that the game was SDSU's super bowl. I'm real tired of that comment. It's intended as a slam. (For the record: SDSU fans have made the same statement when playing some opponents, notably USD in recent years. That "superbowl" slam should be retired.)

I've always liked the Gophers and I hope the Gophers get it figured out this year and go on to have a great season. Gopher success makes our loss look a little better. Our success this season will make the Gophers' win look a little better. But for coach Fleck, I hope he realizes that for all the Gopher faults in the game, the biggest one was the terrible job the Gophers coaching staff did in the game. The failure to make adjustments etc. is concerning: they'll have a long, tough Big 10 season if the coaches call the game the way they called the Jacks game. There was no question the better coaches were wearing blue and yellow.

The better team didn't win this one but I think anyone who paid attention to the game saw that.

The verdict isn't in yet on Coach Fleck. Is he going to get the job done OR will he be another page in recent Gopher history as another big mouth huckster who can't coach (remember Coach Brewster).
                For a guy who came from Western Michigan and went on from there to Minnesota, its especially egregious. He should know better but apparently doesn't. They do have a long Big10 season ahead of them. Some pundits have picked them to win the B10 west. Ill believe it when I see it. Apropos of nothing, its about time for another U of M athletic department scandal, isn't it? They seem to have one about every three years or so...

Comment

Working...
                X