X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    Re: Jacks @ Gophers

FYI, $10 tickets 24 hour flash sale starting this Thursday at 10 am... https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-...cs&RDAT=&RSRC=

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Go to the following site and click on prohibited items and the bag policy comes up. In the small print it says bags needed for medical supplies will be allowed but will be checked.

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...k-stadium.aspx
    Perfect! Thank you very much! I will follow the link and check for myself but I appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rabbit74
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Wondering if I can get some clarification on the whole "clear bag" rule.

My daughter is diabetic and carries a bag with her at all times. Will she not be allowed to take her diabetic bag into the stadium?

Go to the following site and click on prohibited items and the bag policy comes up. In the small print it says bags needed for medical supplies will be allowed but will be checked.

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...k-stadium.aspx

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

My daughter is diabetic and carries a bag with her at all times. Will she not be allowed to take her diabetic bag into the stadium?

I mean, My understanding is she will have to use a clear bag that meets the requirements. Not sure of correct though.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GSUsTALON
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I'll be disappointed if the Jacks can't keep the final margin within 10 points. A top FCS team, as the Jacks are expected to be, should be able to hang close and maybe beat a good, but not great, FBS team.
    TRUE!

Leave a comment:

• GSUsTALON
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I think if our QB takes care of the ball, this shouldn't be more than a two touchdown loss. The gophers aren't world beaters. We've played better FBS teams with worse rosters than this one, and we threatened all of them (and won one). .
    A 2 TD LOSS? How about a 3 point win!

Leave a comment:

• JacksBacker
    replied

Exactly 2 weeks from Jackrabbit football. Can't wait!!!

Leave a comment:

• GSUsTALON
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I'll be disappointed if the Jacks can't keep the final margin within 10 points. A top FCS team, as the Jacks are expected to be, should be able to hang close and maybe beat a good, but not great, FBS team.
    GOOD MAN!

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

I think if our QB takes care of the ball, this shouldn't be more than a two touchdown loss. The gophers aren't world beaters. We've played better FBS teams with worse rosters than this one, and we threatened all of them (and won one). We return our entire front 7 on D, and most of our offense. The only things I can see that might make this game get out of hand are: inexperience in the secondary and the QB turning it over. If Gibbs takes care of the ball and our D steps up, there is no reason this shouldn't be a game deep into the 4th quarter. TCF Bank isn't Lincoln, Mizzou, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    The Gopher game will come down to QB play, and the LOS. Gibbs must play well. LOS will be an issue. Gophers will cover and win by 24. Fleck will have them ready. Big Ten football is physical and it will show in the second half. Good measuring stick for Jacks but don’t see an upset brewing. Grab the cash and come out of the game healthy.
    I think this is pretty accurate. I obviously hope for a win, but I'm guessing gophers win by 14-17, could be up to 24-31 if we don't protect the ball. If we had TC back there or even Gibbs in his 2nd year, I would have much more confidence, but it is such a big ask for a QB's first game to step in and beat a quality Big 10 team. The other thing is, I don't think we have the element of surprise anymore after our recent success in the FCS. Some teams get the benefit of catching a team on their heals, but I don't see that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Hareofthedog
    replied

The Gopher game will come down to QB play, and the LOS. Gibbs must play well. LOS will be an issue. Gophers will cover and win by 24. Fleck will have them ready. Big Ten football is physical and it will show in the second half. Good measuring stick for Jacks but don’t see an upset brewing. Grab the cash and come out of the game healthy.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

If the Gophers have good QB play, this will be one of the better Gopher teams in years. Fleck can recruit and it’s year three. This is when new coaches show whether or not they can get it done.

I would have been all over the Gophers the last two years. Not this year unless our QB is a star.

Leave a comment:

• GSUsTALON
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Don't discard the Gophers offensive line. Their right side is really talented (and BIG)! Everybody knows about Daniel Faalele because he's 6'9" and 400 lbs. However, Curtis Dunlap was the higher rated recruit coming out of Florida. Both are 4-star recruits and are deceptively athletic for their size. Dunlap just looks smaller, because at 6'5", 345 lbs. Both started as true freshmen against Georgia Tech in their bowl game, where they paved the way for 260 yards of rushing. Connor Olson, the lightweight of the line at 305 lbs., has started every game for the Gophers during the last two years. Gopher pundits believe he's the anchor of the unit. He will either start at LG or center. Blaise Andries, from Marshall, MN, started 12 games at RG and the bowl game at LT during his redshirt freshman season. If Olson plays center, expect Andries to start at RG. John Schmitz could start at center if Olson plays RG. Schmitz didn't start, but played in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman. LT is the biggest question mark for the Gophers. It could be manned by Andries, Sam Schleuter, or Jason Dickson. Schleuter started 7 games last year, but struggled against speed rushers. Dickson was expected to take control of the position as a JUCO transfer who redshirted for the Gophers last year. He hasn't locked up the position yet.

Needless to say, the Gophers likely have the biggest offensive line in college football this year. Some B1G Ten experts believe they have the best line in the west division of the conference. By no means do I expect the Jackrabbits to control the line of scrimmage when we play them. I'm hoping we can slow down their run game and grind it out when we have the ball. If we can hold them to less than 30 points, we could cover the spread. Win the turnover battle by two and we could win this game.

I think the main reason the point spread is as low as it is, is that this game will likely have a vanilla offensive scheme on both sides. Both teams will try to run the ball and that will keep the clock rolling. That will likely make this a lower scoring game.
    OMG the Gophers are comming. 1ith by beer and 2ith by liquor!

GH- - "Needless to say, the Gophers likely have the biggest offensive line in college football this year."

Yet defensive coaching, speed and quickness kills!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X