X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Re: Coaching Staff Update

Somewhat surprised it hasn’t been released unless there is a certain date they have to wait until they make it public.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Cool. An experienced running back coach who's apparently also a top-notch recruiter.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

https://www.google.com/amp/s/azdaily...d800a.amp.html

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I take it there hasn't been an announcement yet about the two new, assistant coaches. I'd kind of expected that to be a done deal by the start of spring ball.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I assume that one of the assistants (Eck, perhaps) also will be named associate head coach. Eidsness carried that title last year. Or maybe one of the two new assistants will be a big-timer and get the title.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

I'm a little underwhelmed by the Co-DC thing, but it's not like we haven't done it before. And our 2012 defense that was co-led was fantastic, so I don't think it matters too much. However, I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't even a thought of hiring outside for the defense. And that's nothing against Rogers or Berstrom at all. I just think that at a D1 university with our recent success in football, you automatically open the job up externally unless there is an internal candidate that is an obvious choice (Eck for the offense). The whole Co-DC thing screams "Status Quo". On offense, that's not a bad thing for us. On D, it doesn't seem like the right move given our issues on that side of the ball. Maybe Brown''s departure will be a net positive, but replacing internally doesn't seem to indicate that we'll see drastically different results on the field.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Bubak and Brown were Co-Defensive Coordinators.
    Going forward, I would think this would work. Rogers and Bergstrom appear to not be egotistic and certainly flexible.
    If it does not work, changes will be made quickly. Granted a ship can not have two captains and the Pope is still Roman Catholic. I think we will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Jackson is listed as special teams coordinator. Isn't that a promotion, too? Last season he was the cornerbacks assistant and the recruiting coordinator.
    As much as it is a title the pay also has to match. I would guess they all got raises to keep them around. We have a pretty good core of coaches. I was actually worried we would lose eck this year and he would get oc job another fcs school. I am really excited to see what he does with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Jackson is listed as special teams coordinator. Isn't that a promotion, too? Last season he was the cornerbacks assistant and the recruiting coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• Hareofthedog
    replied

The OL coach needs to be on the field, meeting with OL after a possession. Maybe an assistant OL coach can be on the field but a OL coach must be on the field.

Naming co defensive coordinators seems like a HC not wanting to make a tough decision or rocking the boat. I don’t see Rogers staying much longer unless named lone DC next year and can see Jackson going as he is an excellent coach with top recruiting skills on the staff.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Not sure the odds(Cappin?), but if I were betting I’d say Bergie goes upstairs and talks to Jimmy on the sideline...jimmy calls the plays in.

I wonder if Eck stays on the sideline and Schleusner goes up in a similar situation.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    When you have co-DC who ends up calling plays?
    Bubak and Brown were Co-Defensive Coordinators.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

When you have co-DC who ends up calling plays?
    Stig?

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied

Yeah my first thought is I dont think I have ever really noticed that before. Hope it works out.
    Nevermind

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?
    Yeah my first thought is I dont think I have ever really noticed that before. Hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X