• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Re: Injury updates

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Cal Twait started as a True Freshmen. Was recruited and had offers from NDSU & SDSU. He was also the O-Lineman who almost caught Kellen Soulek on Soulek’s interception TD a few years ago. He is very good.
    Well, it sounds like we are a beat up group heading down to a relatively healthy team hungry for their playoff future. Not a great set-up for us. “Next man up”

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    Against my better judgement, I will offer some advice to 98Jackfarmer.

I know you want to win. We all want the same. But, you need to use a little common decency and awareness. Don't start off with, "It appears to me if were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice."

I know you tried to rebound with a little sympathy when you wrote in the next THIRD sentence, "I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this for the rest of his life." That was followed by, "Has anyone checked with into UNI?"

Isaac Wallace will deal with this injury for the rest of his life. Ask Bo Jackson. Simply stated, a young man on a scholarship got seriously hurt giving his all for his teammates and school. He's not some afterthought. Cripes, he's a college student with a future ahead of him; not something that comes off an assembly line for your pleasure. End rant.
    I will reply to this BS once. I feel for him, no doubt. In a second his life changed, maybe forever. However, like Stig always says it’s the next man up. It’s a college football program, not the Isaac Wallace Jackrabbits. I will say it once again, just in case you didn’t pick it up the first time. I am sorry he had this happen to him. The program is a sum of all its participants, do you expect it to stop for one player? How about the rest of the players on the roster, the fans, the university? He was being paid to play, it sucks that it happened. But life has its risks. Have a good evening.

btw, I guess I didn’t feel it necessary to type out a novel to express a couple basic thoughts

another btw, did I ever say Isaac would be my choice? No, it appears we just have the most depth there

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post

I know you want to win. We all want the same. But, you need to use a little common decency and awareness. Don't start off with, "It appears to me if were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice."

I know you tried to rebound with a little sympathy when you wrote in the next THIRD sentence, "I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this for the rest of his life." That was followed by, "Has anyone checked with into UNI?"

Isaac Wallace will deal with this injury for the rest of his life. Ask Bo Jackson. Simply stated, a young man on a scholarship got seriously hurt giving his all for his teammates and school. He's not some afterthought. Cripes, he's a college student with a future ahead of him; not something that comes off an assembly line for your pleasure. End rant.
    Well stated. Isaac Wallace also seems like a great person off the field (based on reports/articles from sources like Matt Zimmer). Never met him in person, but he seems like a really humble, well-rounded person.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Are a couple of those guys studs, or just good players. I am not familiar with their lineup? Thanks
    Cal Twait started as a True Freshmen. Was recruited and had offers from NDSU & SDSU. He was also the O-Lineman who almost caught Kellen Soulek on Soulek’s interception TD a few years ago. He is very good.

Leave a comment:

• Cowbell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Sounds like one of the LBs (Kolarevic) and a LT (Twait) were dinged up. Article mentions DB (Williams) suffering cramps, but that just might be due to playing in the Dakotadump. Wonder if Farley will use a similar defensive alignment.
    Are a couple of those guys studs, or just good players. I am not familiar with their lineup? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    It appears to me if we were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice. It appears we have enough depth there to not feel the pain too bad. With that said, I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this the rest of his life. Has anyone checked into UNI? Are they banged up, or relatively healthy?
    Sounds like one of the LBs (Kolarevic) and a LT (Twait) were dinged up. Article mentions DB (Williams) suffering cramps, but that just might be due to playing in the Dakotadump. Wonder if Farley will use a similar defensive alignment.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

It appears to me if we were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice. It appears we have enough depth there to not feel the pain too bad. With that said, I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this the rest of his life. Has anyone checked into UNI? Are they banged up, or relatively healthy?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Per tail gate talk before the game:
    Rozeboom nursing elbow and shoulder
    Cox is nursing pretty good shoulder injury- saw him in pain several times over the past 2 weeks. I'm guessing that will be something that he'll deal with the rest of the season.
    Snyder quad contusion/bursa sac
    Lewis - Dealing with a back issue- those can be lingering and even season ending.

Injuries during the game:
    Wallace - hip dislocation
    Manchigiah - looked like the were looking at his eye- guessing he got poked
    Strong Jr. looked like an arm/shoulder injury -it appeared he was in a sling
    Backhuis - I heard anywhere from him getting dinged to an arm injury
    Jordan Brown - They were looking at his upper calf or perhaps behind his knee. No idea what that could be
    Given the injury situation, I was surprised to see Snyder on the field through the final play and Rozeboom and Cox out there until the last few plays. And after the whole end of the game deal during the New Hampshire play-off game a year ago, I was really surprised to see TC out there for the entire game.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Cox is nursing pretty good shoulder injury- saw him in pain several times over the past 2 weeks. I'm guessing that will be something that he'll deal with the rest of the season.
    Lewis - Dealing with a back issue- those can be lingering and even season ending.

Jordan Brown - They were looking at his upper calf or perhaps behind his knee. No idea what that could be

Thanks for the rundown BULLDOG!

Leave a comment:

• BULLDOG
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    We can always use more guys who, although banged up, play at greater than 100 per cent!

On a serious note: look how important the players at the bottom of a depth chart can be in a year like this one. We have guys who haven't seen a lot of playing time that are ready to step in and do their job well. Good recruiting over the past several years!

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    I’m kinda wondering who are the guys that are banged up and playing at >100%
    We can always use more guys who, although banged up, play at greater than 100 per cent!

On a serious note: look how important the players at the bottom of a depth chart can be in a year like this one. We have guys who haven't seen a lot of playing time that are ready to step in and do their job well. Good recruiting over the past several years!

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied

I’m kinda wondering who are the guys that are banged up and playing at >100%

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied
    Injury updates

Nevermind

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...