• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoDakJack
    replied
    Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
    DUI is an odd crime. When someone has been caught and tried, 99% of the people saying tsk, tsk have committed the crime including the news reporter, president of the University, judge and prosecutor. I’m 52, and I doubt I know but less than 10 prople in my lifetime that have not committed this crime. I can’t think of any other offense like it
    Seems pretty easy to avoid one to me. I have been legal to drink for 21 years and never gotten one.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
    DUI is an odd crime. When someone has been caught and tried, 99% of the people saying tsk, tsk have committed the crime including the news reporter, president of the University, judge and prosecutor. I’m 52, and I doubt I know but less than 10 prople in my lifetime that have not committed this crime. I can’t think of any other offense like it
    I dont think the state has a open and shut case here. Stig's goodwill just might get him through this, but we have to wait until March 6. Yes DUI is a strange animal. Even states attorney's like Clyde Calhoun would give people the benefit of doubt.

Leave a comment:

• SoDak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Keeping the actual BAC out of the press is pretty good lawyering too.
    Unless Stig consented to a blood test at the detention center before release, there are no reading in existence. The police report says he did not consent to PBT a preliminary breath test. This is the detail that's got my head spinning. I mentioned this in one of my previous posts, but when I was arrested in 1973, I was so plowed out of my mind, the jailers let me cool down in a padded cell and then about an hour or two later they came and forcibly took a blood sample. I learned the following Monday in court that a Jailer had filed a complaint for kicking him in the spine. The judge threw it out. This one time I could have really used an attorney like JackJD. I dont think you can force anyone to take a blood sample at least currently in SD.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    We are not done yet. I still say that Stig's lawyer was smart to put a gag on this charge for 30 days or so. I can not imagine all the Joose trash that would fill these fan boards.
    Keeping the actual BAC out of the press is pretty good lawyering too.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

We are not done yet. I still say that Stig's lawyer was smart to put a gag on this charge for 30 days or so. I can not imagine all the Joose trash that would fill these fan boards.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

I'm learning so much ,I do say, I'll strive to be a much better drinker in the future.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I was going to say a hot toddy.
    So conservative, from a family man, to be expected, but none the less admired for your devotion to what really matters the most in this life....here's to you Goon <clink> <gulp>

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    My choice of drink to get drunk fast is Gatorade Lemonade and Seagrams 7.

Plus I hate the taste of beer.
    I tend to partake in craft beers. However, as I have gotten older I am transitioning to vodka tonics with a lime. SO I guess in 20 years I will be cracking open malt liquor.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

My choice of drink to get drunk fast is Gatorade Lemonade and Seagrams 7.

Plus I hate the taste of beer.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Or perhaps the Jack Rabbit

https://mrbostondrinks.com/recipes/jack-rabbit-cocktail

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

For a Summit Tourney weekend? Mad Dog 20/20 Blue would be the breakfast drink of choice

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Which choice would you recommend for my breakfast drink? I always look to the internet for my pairings.... or.... am......I....on..... the wroooong blog?
    For a Summit Tourney weekend? Mad Dog 20/20 Blue would be the breakfast drink of choice

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

If this is the case, then I may need to start questioning all of Stig's decisions. I wonder if he was drinking Joose because the Old English and Colt 45 was gone.
    Which choice would you recommend for my breakfast drink? I always look to the internet for my pairings.... or.... am......I....on..... the wroooong blog?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    Quite the assumption there.

Stig might like the taste.
    If this is the case, then I may need to start questioning all of Stig's decisions. I wonder if he was drinking Joose because the Old English and Colt 45 was gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X