• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumper_76
    replied
    Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Actually, both SDSU and USD have played games at Howard Wood in the D-1 era. SDSU played UC Davis (or one of the other Calif schools) there early in the transition. I went to the game. It was OK, but nothing special. SDSU also has held a couple of practices in Sioux Falls. USD infamously held a game against NDSU in Sioux Falls, which was a big mistake. Bison fans outnumbered USD fans, and the Coyotes got beat badly. Unless some sponsor comes up really big, I doubt either school will move a game to Sioux Falls again. Maybe Sioux Falls should start bidding on FCS playoff games. That would be OK.

Edit: Jacks beat UC Davis 16-14 before just over 7,200 fans in October of 2005 at Howard Wood Field. It was a Great West Conference game.
    Again, before we had a beauty of a stadium that holds way more. So that’s rather irrelevant to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Actually, both SDSU and USD have played games at Howard Wood in the D-1 era. SDSU played UC Davis (or one of the other Calif schools) there early in the transition. I went to the game. It was OK, but nothing special. SDSU also has held a couple of practices in Sioux Falls. USD infamously held a game against NDSU in Sioux Falls, which was a big mistake. Bison fans outnumbered USD fans, and the Coyotes got beat badly. Unless some sponsor comes up really big, I doubt either school will move a game to Sioux Falls again. Maybe Sioux Falls should start bidding on FCS playoff games. That would be OK.

Edit: Jacks beat UC Davis 16-14 before just over 7,200 fans in October of 2005 at Howard Wood Field. It was a Great West Conference game.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    This seems like a pretty fair number. Has the over/under stayed at 69?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Aaaand it's at 6.5. I'm thinking it will stay there.
    This seems like a pretty fair number. Has the over/under stayed at 69?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    The analogy would be for SDSU's and USD's men's basketball teams to play their conference games against each other in Sioux Falls . . . specifically in the Sioux Falls Arena. Not the Denny, not even the Pentagon. The old Arena.

Except Howard Wood Field isn't even as nice for football as the Arena is for basketball.

It's a seriously daft idea, but then I recall that this particular radio host takes his vocation so unseriously that he doesn't even bother to actually watch the full games of USD or SDSU each weekend (hey, hello, DVR technology?) before going onto his show and spouting off, so what can you do?
    I suppose we could play the game in the Badlands Pawn building. It's not being used for anything

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Meh, it's a radio host trying to drum up talk (and it worked). He knows that it's not going to happen. If Sioux Falls had a superior stadium with more capacity, I can see the merit in the idea. Until then, it's just radio fodder.
    The analogy would be for SDSU's and USD's men's basketball teams to play their conference games against each other in Sioux Falls . . . specifically in the Sioux Falls Arena. Not the Denny, not even the Pentagon. The old Arena.

Except Howard Wood Field isn't even as nice for football as the Arena is for basketball.

It's a seriously daft idea, but then I recall that this particular radio host takes his vocation so unseriously that he doesn't even bother to actually watch the full games of USD or SDSU each weekend (hey, hello, DVR technology?) before going onto his show and spouting off, so what can you do?

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Already up to 4.5 (unfortunately). I can see it getting up to 7.
    Aaaand it's at 6.5. I'm thinking it will stay there.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
    This dumb idea again? Many people in Sioux Falls just can't stand the thought that the world doesn't revolve around their city.
    Meh, it's a radio host trying to drum up talk (and it worked). He knows that it's not going to happen. If Sioux Falls had a superior stadium with more capacity, I can see the merit in the idea. Until then, it's just radio fodder.

Leave a comment:

• BrerRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    KWSN Twitter Poll Question: "How much would you like to see USD and SDSU play its football game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood Field, a neutral site, with an even number of tickets going to each school?"
    This dumb idea again? Many people in Sioux Falls just can't stand the thought that the world doesn't revolve around their city.

Leave a comment:

• 22jack
    replied

Howard Wood is a Track and High School football field. Augie and USF do not even play there anymore. Why does anyone think we would play there and give up the home revenue we need to pay for our stadium which blows that stadium away. This is not OU vs. Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

KWSN Twitter Poll Question: "How much would you like to see USD and SDSU play its football game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood Field, a neutral site, with an even number of tickets going to each school?"

I picked "Never, Stay on Campus"

https://twitter.com/KWSNSports/statu...77521259847680
    Good lord no!!! why??? what does HWF hold, 10-12K? Ridiculousness to ever even consider it on our part.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Why would SDSU take a step back in facilities?
    I don't see why either school would want to give up their advantage. Sioux Falls or some donors or businesses would really need to make it worth it money wise to consider moving the game to sf. I would argue to play it in Brookings every year just For the bigger nicer stadium.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Why would SDSU take a step back in facilities?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

So, just like last year, we go on the road to a dome with a possible seed on the line. I hope it ends up the same way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X