X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CappinHard
    replied
    Re: Seed Scenarios

I don't want to get too optomistic, but from a lot of projections, I've seen NDSU at 2 or 3 and SDSU at 4 or 5. This would be great, and I think that it's possible if we take care of business in Vermtown. Especially if this mystery ruling where they won't place seeds from the same conference on the same side of the bracket is true. Obviously we need to win this weekend for this to matter.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    The bison coming to Brookings again would be awesome, however, do we have a plan in place to keep tickets out of the hands of bison fans? Or it could be embarrassing considering our history of playoff attendance.
    I'd be all for a freak blizzard swooping down from Canada that causes them to close interstate north of Summit.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    The best way to get new season ticket holders is to let people use tickets to get the experience
    It's all about the experience, I have a family member from west river that hadn't been to a game on campus since at least the early 80's nor had he ever heard of Cubby's, after the fb game he called me and asked if I would find us a MBB and WBB basketball game to go to. It's all about the game day experience.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Youre right. I missed one game and gave them to someone. When i give my tickets to someone, they get them for nothing. I just want someone to sit in my seats. I do the same with basketball tickets. We cant get up there every game plus i dont usually go to the D2 games. Oldhare helps me out finding someone to use the tickets.
    The best way to get new season ticket holders is to let people use tickets to get the experience

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

And I am sure you would be able to find someone to use the ticket. The problem is that there are a bunch of folks that don't understand others can use their tickets.
    Youre right. I missed one game and gave them to someone. When i give my tickets to someone, they get them for nothing. I just want someone to sit in my seats. I do the same with basketball tickets. We cant get up there every game plus i dont usually go to the D2 games. Oldhare helps me out finding someone to use the tickets.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Thats easier said than done. I'd be there no matter how cold. My wife? That might not happen. Although she has been good about going to some cold games in the past. She missed the overtime yesterday cause she went to the vehicle to warm up.
    And I am sure you would be able to find someone to use the ticket. The problem is that there are a bunch of folks that don't understand others can use their tickets.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

The plan should be to have SDSU fans actually come to the game.
    Thats easier said than done. I'd be there no matter how cold. My wife? That might not happen. Although she has been good about going to some cold games in the past. She missed the overtime yesterday cause she went to the vehicle to warm up.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

The bison coming to Brookings again would be awesome, however, do we have a plan in place to keep tickets out of the hands of bison fans? Or it could be embarrassing considering our history of playoff attendance.
    The plan should be to have SDSU fans actually come to the game.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

If we were fortunate enough to host the Bison in the playoffs, they would outnumber us, not a lot of doubt in my mind about that. It might be the shaming our fan base needs though.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post

TIME OUT!

the "Almighty Bison" haven't won yet.(it's like y'all are handing them the W next week) That would certainly be a factor. If we win and they lose there is a case for us to be seeded above them so it's possible the road could travel through brookings. But 1st things first lets take care of the prairie dogs.

FWIW I think the Bison lose next week

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Also for fun (this is all for not if we trip over our ****s in Verm), I thought I'd post about some of the venues and towns we'd be playing in for the top 8 teams and stadiums for anyone that might be looking to make a road trip.

1. JMU - Bridgeforth stadium holds about 25,000 and is widely regarded as one of the best atmospheres in FCS and the best on the East Coast. Harrisonburg is around 60,000 population and is at the northern end of the Shenandoah Valley, about an hour out of DC.

2. Jacksonville State - Burgess - Snow stadium holds about 24,000 and has quite the atmosphere from what I've been told. Not an easy place to play, and Jacksonville Alabama in the northeast corner of the state isn't easy to get to either. Town is only about 10,000 people.

3. UCA - Conway Arkansas is home to the alternating purple-gray field of Estes stadium and it's 9000 seats. They were a recent D2 move up and have a pretty decent following for their size. Conway is just northwest of Little Rock and has a population of 60,000.

4. NDSU - No comment

5. SHSU - Huntsville, Texas is about an hour and half north of Houston, and just a little east of College Station. Population is 40,000, and it's on the edge of the Piney Woods country of east Texas. A game down there is likely to be warm, even in December. The Bearkats play in Bowers stadium and it's 12,500+ seats.

6. Elon - Rhodes stadium holds about 11,500, and is located in Elon, North Carolina, population 10,000. It's located halfway between the "Triangle" of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill and the "Triad" of Greensboro-Winston Salem- High point in an otherwise unnoteworty part of the state.

7. SDSU- No comment

8. Wofford - The terriers play in front of 13,000 strong in Gibbs stadium. They are located in Spartanburg, SC in the upstate region of South Carolina, near the Appalachians and in the heart of the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson MSA, population 1.3 million

I don't want to put any carts before any horses, but this should serve as an idea of some places we may have to play in the post season.
    Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 11-19-2017, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

RIP Denny Green, and they'd be waiting a long time for me to crown the dang Bison.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Plus we will have defeated the team that hands them their second loss.
    I really think we're looking at NDSU as the 2, while we will be 5. Next most likely is NDSU as the 2 and us as the 6, followed by them at the 3 and us at the 6. If we win out, I don't see how we can get moved down in the rankings (or jumped by someone behind us), short of just getting blatantly jobbed by the committee. For us, we want to be higher than a 7 seed, and hope that it isn't the 6/3 match up that I mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAN9ORwsiVA
    Last edited by slosho; 11-12-2017, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Only rational thing I can think of is that they would have beat the two teams that beat us? Their non-con win over EWU is better than ours over MSU, but neither are great wins. There really would be no fair way they'd get seeded higher if both are 9-2. We'd be co champions with the same record, be head to head winners, and have wins over at least 3, and maybe even 4, playoff teams (NDSU, ISU, WIU and maybe USD), while theyd have wins over 2 for sure, and maybe 3 playoff teams (UNI, WIU, and maybe USD).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X