X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hareofthedog
    replied
    Re: Seed Scenarios

The FCS playoff doesn’t represent the top 24 teams in FCS. The automatic qualifier needs to be eliminated and conference strength has to be considered more. How about some non conference games at the beginnng of the year to showcase conferences, CAA ( any other) vs MVFC to show conference strength. It’s are to watch first round games when the underdog has no chance of winnng or even playing well.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    And the two best teams playing today, have to play each other. I feel bad for WIU and Weber State.
    And Illinois State is better than at least half of the teams in the field.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Not sure where to post. But seriously. The first round of the playoffs makes me sad. So many terrible teams. New Hampshire? Bad. Stony Brook (announcer referred to the CAA as the "SEC" of FCS and said Stony Brook could easily go FBS... no to both). Lehigh? Central Connecticut? Samford? Kennesaw? Elon? Wow.

It's pretty sad. I can say for sure that most of those teams would finish ahead of Misery State and Indiana State in the Valley. That's about it.
    And the two best teams playing today, have to play each other. I feel bad for WIU and Weber State.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Not sure where to post. But seriously. The first round of the playoffs makes me sad. So many terrible teams. New Hampshire? Bad. Stony Brook (announcer referred to the CAA as the "SEC" of FCS and said Stony Brook could easily go FBS... no to both). Lehigh? Central Connecticut? Samford? Kennesaw? Elon? Wow.

It's pretty sad. I can say for sure that most of those teams would finish ahead of Misery State and Indiana State in the Valley. That's about it.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

I'm excited for Kavanaugh, but I'll miss Goedert. He is a known quantity and that quantity is will be missed for sure. His final highlight reel will be ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
    Goedert is awesome but you gotta love what Kavanaugh brings at the TE spot. Look forward to seeing him the next 3 years
    I’m with you as well.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
    Goedert is awesome but you gotta love what Kavanaugh brings at the TE spot. Look forward to seeing him the next 3 years
    I'm with ya there! He is a physical specimen!

Leave a comment:

• trueblue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I will side with what the team and coaches will feel.....anything less than a championship is a disappointment this season. Tell me when we will have this kind of talent at the skill positions at one time?
    The optimist in me thinks it will be a regularity.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

I will side with what the team and coaches will feel.....anything less than a championship is a disappointment this season. Tell me when we will have this kind of talent at the skill positions at one time?

Leave a comment:

• Bits
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Problem is, we still have to catch it. (See NDSU game)
    No we don't. We could just block it. (See USD game)

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Wasn't it his first game back? Or first game back at 100%? I seem to recall that...

It took them getting out to a 17 point lead, due to turnovers, to beat us the first time. I just don't see that happening again. Maybe we just call for fair-catches on all kicks? ha
    Problem is, we still have to catch it. (See NDSU game)

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I am trying to spin it in our favor. It's hard to beat a good team twice in a season. Like we did last year at ndsu. Uni had to change schemes against us. Now we can prepare for both their base and 3-4 so they will probably have to add new wrinkles again. I would like to think we won't be surprised by their unexpecting running attack.
    Wasn't it his first game back? Or first game back at 100%? I seem to recall that...

It took them getting out to a 17 point lead, due to turnovers, to beat us the first time. I just don't see that happening again. Maybe we just call for fair-catches on all kicks? ha

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I am trying to spin it in our favor. It's hard to beat a good team twice in a season. Like we did last year at ndsu. Uni had to change schemes against us. Now we can prepare for both their base and 3-4 so they will probably have to add new wrinkles again. I would like to think we won't be surprised by their unexpecting running attack.

Leave a comment:

• Bits
    replied

Put me in the 'Semifinals is the minimum expectation' group.

Also, I'm glad that we're going to get a rematch with UNI. I don't want anyone claiming some sort of moral victory over us as we're hoisting the championship trophy. I want that Hobo Day loss avenged, very badly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X