• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoDakJack
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ Misery State Bears

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    It has been stated in the past that the D.C. wants to run the 3-4. Maybe that has something to do with the issues. If I remember right we came out in a 3-4 at one time in a playoff game and fell behind against an inferior team. Went back to the 4-3 and won handily.

I may just be day drunk and misremembering though.

GBGBGJ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this year the defense isn't big enough on the front to run the 4-3 effectively and we have seen that so far with the lack of pressure. However, I also am not sure the LBs are deep enough to run a 3-4. It is almost like we got caught in-between.

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different look to the D with a 3-4 mixed in at times. Cox has done well in his time on the field. Just a hunch that it could work out well at times and would be a good switch off occasionally to throw at them.
    That would be amazing to see but know way that happens we play our peeping base defense and sit back in zone bull

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    i may be wrong but I think stig has stated his disdain for the 3-4 and wouldn’t ever insert it into his defense. Lesser things have surprised me though.
    It has been stated in the past that the D.C. wants to run the 3-4. Maybe that has something to do with the issues. If I remember right we came out in a 3-4 at one time in a playoff game and fell behind against an inferior team. Went back to the 4-3 and won handily.

I may just be day drunk and misremembering though.

GBGBGJ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

that'll answer any 3-4 possibilities...bummed for Logan but excited to watch 7

Is there something more to the Farina story?
    Targeting last week.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Backhaus is out. Seven Wilson gets the start.
    that'll answer any 3-4 possibilities...bummed for Logan but excited to watch 7

Is there something more to the Farina story?

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Farina also didn't make the trip. Was suspended first half anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    My prediction is that SDSU wins easily and some people start to get optimistic again despite nothing actually changing.
    The only thing that will make me feel good about anything is if TC finally hits somebody deep. Outside of that, I'm not gonna feel much better after this game than I did last week.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

My prediction is that SDSU wins easily and some people start to get optimistic again despite nothing actually changing.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

True and he's also expressed his dislike of the option specifically triple option but I remember a time(I think QB Kardoes) when Stig said no to the read option. We've seen some of that lately.

I doubt the 3-4 gets a look but it would definitely be a wrinkle that would be unexpected.
    I would think that it would be easier to adapt the offence to the read option since it doesn't mean as much of a change in personnel. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 would be a lot more difficult. However, I can see the benefits of it.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

i may be wrong but I think stig has stated his disdain for the 3-4 and wouldn’t ever insert it into his defense. Lesser things have surprised me though.
    True and he's also expressed his dislike of the option specifically triple option but I remember a time(I think QB Kardoes) when Stig said no to the read option. We've seen some of that lately.

I doubt the 3-4 gets a look but it would definitely be a wrinkle that would be unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

My thinking is ,being we can't bring any pressure on defense against the opposing QB and they pick apart our pass coverage ,getting way too many third down conversions in the process,then it might be something to consider trying the 3-4 and at least getting adequate pass coverage,....maybe He might not even of practiced it enough if at all in the past, unless this past week,that might wind up as being disasterous. Might be he doesn't feel he has the right personnel to play it.So many things go into making that decision I'm guessing. Stigs decision,we'll see, my guess is he won't.If he can tighten up and make the 4-3 a little bit stingier, no need to try it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

#whiterabbit

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different look to the D with a 3-4 mixed in at times. Cox has done well in his time on the field. Just a hunch that it could work out well at times and would be a good switch off occasionally to throw at them.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Really interested to see if anything new/different happens today. Whether its regular sub getting extended action and performing well, or possibly a change in scheme of some sort. Also, hoping to see them respond to adversity better. Through the first part of the season, anytime things haven't gone according to plan we have pretty much crumbled as a team. Lets get that figured out and we are still a very dangerous team.
    Jacks 35
    Bears 24
    don't think the game will be as close as the scores indicates though
    If the game score is that close then the Jacks did not do their job. This is a team that SDSU should beat by at least 3 touchdowns.

This game, like the non-conference schedule, shouldn't be used to judge how good this team is this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X