• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filbert
    replied
    Re: 2016 FCS Attendence

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I would expect nothing less than SDSU fans picking SDSU to win. You guys never learn. I kid, I kid.
    Desist.Your passive-aggressive act is tedious.I invite all to return to the thread topic.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Should the Jackrabbits be favored to win the conference in successive years. I would be cautious to overlook the bison as a contender. Is my memory that clouded to think that the Jackrabbits did finish at the top of the MVFC last year or is it some little voices only making me feel better about the Jackrabbits? It would be a stretch for them to be favored to repeat. Or maybe not. At this point in time, I would not be overwhelmed or surprised to think the bison are not the clear favorite. November would be a much better time to engage in an urinating match.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    when you have the 2 best pass catchers in the league and the best QB, and were conference champs last year only NDSU fans don't think that would be a good reason to think you can win the conference. No reason we couldn't or shouldn't be picked to win IMHO. NDSU will be ranked highly, because of what they have done. But if SDSU plays to its potential, they are clearly the better team. Any reasonable fan would see that.
    Hahahahaha...clearly the better team. I think records show who the better team is...that's good stuff right there. I know, I know, playing to potential...well there is another team that if they play to their potential ends up with national championships. If both play to their potential, Bison seem to find a way...

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    In his defense... he said we 'should' be the favorite... he didn't say we 'will' be the favorite. He did pick us to win the conference, but what's wrong with a fan picking their own team to win the conference, especially when they probably have a good shot at it and will likely be picked to finish 2nd by the 'experts'?

Fwiw, I'm sure NDSU will be favored to win the conference, but I would be surprised if SDSU wasn't picked 2nd with everything that YSU is losing. Also, I'm picking SDSU to win the conference too.
    I would expect nothing less than SDSU fans picking SDSU to win. You guys never learn. I kid, I kid.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Can't point out when somebody states you guys will be the favorite to win the conference? Poor guy...if you can't handle that it will be a long season.
    In his defense... he said we 'should' be the favorite... he didn't say we 'will' be the favorite. He did pick us to win the conference, but what's wrong with a fan picking their own team to win the conference, especially when they probably have a good shot at it and will likely be picked to finish 2nd by the 'experts'?

Fwiw, I'm sure NDSU will be favored to win the conference, but I would be surprised if SDSU wasn't picked 2nd with everything that YSU is losing. Also, I'm picking SDSU to win the conference too.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

when you have the 2 best pass catchers in the league and the best QB, and were conference champs last year only NDSU fans don't think that would be a good reason to think you can win the conference. No reason we couldn't or shouldn't be picked to win IMHO. NDSU will be ranked highly, because of what they have done. But if SDSU plays to its potential, they are clearly the better team. Any reasonable fan would see that.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Good old Bison fan, making sure to keep a thumb on any Jackrabbit fan on a Jackrabbit fan board who has the the audacity to think their program has a chance to win the MVFC before the season starts.

Pi$$ off Bison fan.
    Can't point out when somebody states you guys will be the favorite to win the conference? Poor guy...if you can't handle that it will be a long season.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Good old Bison fan, making sure to keep a thumb on any Jackrabbit fan on a Jackrabbit fan board who has the the audacity to think their program has a chance to win the MVFC before the season starts.

Pi$$ off Bison fan.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Oh, get over yourself. Who is picking us? I am now. Others will later. We were co-champs with you this year and we beat you in your building. We return 18 starters and you have to come to us next year.

As for taking games off, I agree. There were a couple of bad losses last year. We have the talent to go all the way next year and that needs to be the goal. Will we get there? It won't be easy. Winning the first title never is. Once you've established that tradition like you have in Fisonland, it kind of feeds itself. You have the confidence because you've been there and done that. Plus, you want another title 10 times more than the one before. I have always given your program credit for what they have done. It is outstanding and we want a piece of that kind of success. We are coming for it.

SUPERBUNNY
    Get over myself? That's funny. Just calling you out on a program that hasn't even had a 10 win season yet...and you stated your program will be favored to win the conference. Could they win it? Sure. But I wouldn't hold my breath on you being favored.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Who exactly would be picking you guys as the favorite?

Also, has the team decided which game they will take off or is it more of a game day decision? I kid, I kid...
    Oh, get over yourself. Who is picking us? I am now. Others will later. We were co-champs with you this year and we beat you in your building. We return 18 starters and you have to come to us next year.

As for taking games off, I agree. There were a couple of bad losses last year. We have the talent to go all the way next year and that needs to be the goal. Will we get there? It won't be easy. Winning the first title never is. Once you've established that tradition like you have in Fisonland, it kind of feeds itself. You have the confidence because you've been there and done that. Plus, you want another title 10 times more than the one before. I have always given your program credit for what they have done. It is outstanding and we want a piece of that kind of success. We are coming for it.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

We should be favored to win the conference
    Who exactly would be picking you guys as the favorite?

Also, has the team decided which game they will take off or is it more of a game day decision? I kid, I kid...

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

One thing to keep in mind is the attendance without the playoff game. In the six games leading up to our December 3rd/cold and snowy playoff game was 15,019 per game. Our only game ever hosted in December, was 6,154 that attended the Villanova game. We also didn't benefit from a visiting team that brought a significant fan base with them. (This is not meant to be derogatory towards Villanova fans as they were very good, it's just that there could not have been more than 100 of them.)

Top that off with the home schedule that featured Drake, Cal Poly, Western Ill, Youngstown, Missouri St, and USD. USD was the only school on that schedule to seriously bring visitor fans. I'm confident that we will average close to 16,000 fans next year excluding home playoff games. (I believe we will host more than one playoff game.)

Another thing to consider was that we had gate attendance of nearly 19,000 more fans this year than any year prior. (2015 - 77,394 vs. 2016 - 96,268). From 2007 to 2014, we had annual draws of 50,117 to 71,056). From 2007 to 2015, we averaged 11,410/game.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Id guess some alumni will step in and buy up a bunch of tickets before they go on sale to the public.
    2 years ago they did a presale to sdsu fans before general public. We got several that way. Sdsu fans just need to plan ahead. Ndsu fans will get them if we don't.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    As long as sdsu fans get a bunch of tickets before they go on sale to the public. If we don't get 15K by then ndsu will have more then normal.
    Id guess some alumni will step in and buy up a bunch of tickets before they go on sale to the public.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

IMHO the attendance this year was really disappointing. Yea, we had a couple record breakers but we never did sell it out even for Hobo Day.

The Athletic Department did a nice job in offering some deals to try and sell the last bunches of seats but didn't quite fill it. Hopefully, next year will be a much stronger year attendance wise. We should be favored to win the conference and the Buffalo Chips come to Brookings next year. At least we know that game will be a sellout with 3-4000 in green.

That is the next step for us as fans is to fill this thing every week. When you look at that list and who is at the top, it is the perennially great programs. That is where we want to go, it is where we are trending, but we have to keep going.

SUPERBUNNY
    As long as sdsu fans get a bunch of tickets before they go on sale to the public. If we don't get 15K by then ndsu will have more then normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X