• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Thumper is correct. This loss leaves a very unfavorable bracket, if this team make the playoffs. This was an i-state team that the Jacks should have beat. Cal Poly is a much better team than the Redbirds.The Jacks lost this game to a bad team. I do not see this team as a national champion, which makes me very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And this is another example of Bison envy. NDSU has done an exemplary job of transitioning to FCS. SDSU has only done an above average to excellent job while upgrading facilities and recruiting. You can also jump up and down and point your finger at the rest of us as losers for accepting another disappointing loss in the conference race while the only outcome is a first round game loss in a far away place for the playoffs. Please take your condemning foot off my throat as your tantrum goes into mach 3 mode. This is more disappointing than the WBB team losing to Denver on 2/11/2015

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Thumper is correct. This loss leaves a very unfavorable bracket, if this team make the playoffs. This was an i-state team that the Jacks should have beat. Cal Poly is a much better team than the Redbirds.The Jacks lost this game to a bad team. I do not see this team as a national champion, which makes me very disappointed.

There are no bad teams in the MVFC except maybe So Ill and i hope they are a great team next week.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    They aren't. I wasn't this disappointed in the Cal Poly game. I'm not measuring our program against 90% of other teams, because that's not what I hope the programs goal is. I believe it to be to get a seed, which would put us in like the top 5%. I don't mind if we lose a game to a good team. That happens. Losses like this one should not be a yearly occurrence. It should be a once every couple of years thing. But it is a yearly thing for us.

Look, I'm the guy who was arguing with people in the program improvements thread that we are gaining ground and getting better. I'm usually the positive guy. But there is no reason to be positive about a loss due to lack of effort to a team we had zero business losing to when we had the capability of having a seed. I won't be positive about this game. Sorry. I'll look forward to the rest of the year when next week starts. But to try to paint a rosy picture after this game is stupid. Now we are in a desperate spot again. We will be playing three teams that won't be good wins on our resume, and two of them have the distinct possibility of being another bad loss. USeD is out of playoff contention for all intents and purposes, as is UNI. If we drop any of those games we are looking at an almost YSU like bubble situation for ourselves. Sorry I'm not excited about that.
    What you seem to do is pass off those who do not see a loss as completely negative as being satisfied with mediocrity. That may be how some see it, but it is inaccurate to overgeneralize everyone who is not as negative as you as a Pollyanna. I've never said I'm happy with losses; what I have said is that a loss does not doom the team to losing out or faltering in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If every loss is this devastating to you, you might want to ask 90% of every other team and fanbase if they would want to traded places. They would probably enjoy being in first place in the conference and 2 home games left out of 3.
    They aren't. I wasn't this disappointed in the Cal Poly game. I'm not measuring our program against 90% of other teams, because that's not what I hope the programs goal is. I believe it to be to get a seed, which would put us in like the top 5%. I don't mind if we lose a game to a good team. That happens. Losses like this one should not be a yearly occurrence. It should be a once every couple of years thing. But it is a yearly thing for us.

Look, I'm the guy who was arguing with people in the program improvements thread that we are gaining ground and getting better. I'm usually the positive guy. But there is no reason to be positive about a loss due to lack of effort to a team we had zero business losing to when we had the capability of having a seed. I won't be positive about this game. Sorry. I'll look forward to the rest of the year when next week starts. But to try to paint a rosy picture after this game is stupid. Now we are in a desperate spot again. We will be playing three teams that won't be good wins on our resume, and two of them have the distinct possibility of being another bad loss. USeD is out of playoff contention for all intents and purposes, as is UNI. If we drop any of those games we are looking at an almost YSU like bubble situation for ourselves. Sorry I'm not excited about that.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Ok, not a good comeback. Maybe too many beverages watching football today. Im disappointed when we lose too. Its just that after 40 yrs of being a fan, i get over it quicker. I think we can beat anyone in the FCS. If we can beat the Bison on the road we are capable of beating anyone on the road. And it looks like we are going to have to win some road games in the playoffs. Winning in Fargo again is going to be , not easy.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Sweet comeback. Sorry I'm right. And I'll be fine, I'm able to be disappointed with one thing in my life but not let it affect the rest. Don't you worry your little head.
    You sound like my wife when she wants the Jackrabbits to kick a field goal instead of not kicking. She is always right too!

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Why do you think there isn't as much excitement? Its because we have never proven to be able to win games we should win. We never finish it out. We just took the chance of winning the MVFC outright to at best a co championship and a participation award auto bid that doesnt mean **** because it doesn't come with a seed. All because we didn't play with any effort and got beat by a team thats winless in conference. I don't care that they beat Northwestern. I don't really care that much about winning in Fargo. The goal was a seed this year. And we put ourselves in position for that to happen, and then pissed it down our leg immediately after starting the easy part of our schedule. Thats why we never have the excitement. Because we always know its going to come crashing down. After having the rug pulled out from under you so many times you start to wait to see it happen before you get excited about it. EVERY TIME there is some excitement around the team we do something to completely destroy it. Every. Damn. Time. And I'm tired of it. Everybody bitches about the committee sending us to Fargo. I suggest you STFU about it, cause for two years in a row now we had the opportunity to do something about it and didn't come through, so we sure as **** don't deserve to get sent anywhere else.
    If every loss is this devastating to you, you might want to ask 90% of every other team and fanbase if they would want to traded places. They would probably enjoy being in first place in the conference and 2 home games left out of 3.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Whatever. I hope you get through this or you need to get some help. Its only a fking game.
    Sweet comeback. Sorry I'm right. And I'll be fine, I'm able to be disappointed with one thing in my life but not let it affect the rest. Don't you worry your little head.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Why do you think there isn't as much excitement? Its because we have never proven to be able to win games we should win. We never finish it out. We just took the chance of winning the MVFC outright to at best a co championship and a participation award auto bid that doesnt mean **** because it doesn't come with a seed. All because we didn't play with any effort and got beat by a team thats winless in conference. I don't care that they beat Northwestern. I don't really care that much about winning in Fargo. The goal was a seed this year. And we put ourselves in position for that to happen, and then pissed it down our leg immediately after starting the easy part of our schedule. Thats why we never have the excitement. Because we always know its going to come crashing down. After having the rug pulled out from under you so many times you start to wait to see it happen before you get excited about it. EVERY TIME there is some excitement around the team we do something to completely destroy it. Every. Damn. Time. And I'm tired of it. Everybody bitches about the committee sending us to Fargo. I suggest you STFU about it, cause for two years in a row now we had the opportunity to do something about it and didn't come through, so we sure as **** don't deserve to get sent anywhere else.
    Whatever. I hope you get through this or you need to get some help. Its only a fking game.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    You must be a Viking fan too? Who cares about history. And what happened to the last 2 weeks? When we win big games like we did the last 2 weeks, there is never the excitement as there is doom and gloom when we lose ONE game. We lose our first conference game against a team that beat a Big 10 team and we are doom and gloom? We have beaten the other 2 teams we are tied with along with a team right behind us and we are in trouble because of past history?

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Im not judging this season. Im tellng you what history says will happen. Its not like we've only seen this scenario once. Its been repeated multiple times. We let an opportunity get away yesterday whether you want to admit it or not.

I have almost zero faith this team can rip off 6-8 straight wins.
    You must be a Viking fan too? Who cares about history. And what happened to the last 2 weeks? When we win big games like we did the last 2 weeks, there is never the excitement as there is doom and gloom when we lose ONE game. We lose our first conference game against a team that beat a Big 10 team and we are doom and gloom? We have beaten the other 2 teams we are tied with along with a team right behind us and we are in trouble because of past history?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Just stay happy in your world of status quo buddy. Guess its hard to be disappointed with no expectations.
    No need to get condescending. Status quo would've been a loss at Fargo and on Hobo Day. Your confirmation bias is strong if you truly believe I have no expectations, as I have predicted wins and been ridiculed as a "homer" for doing so.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Failing to see what I haven't admitted, other than that I don't think I should give up hope on the Jacks; fortunately game outcomes aren't determined solely by history, and our future recruits' commitments aren't either. I've asserted the Jacks appear to be on an upward trajectory, while conceding that the loss could be a harbinger of a collapse -- no one knows what the future holds.
    Just stay happy in your world of status quo buddy. Guess its hard to be disappointed with no expectations.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Im not judging this season. Im tellng you what history says will happen. Its not like we've only seen this scenario once. Its been repeated multiple times. We let an opportunity get away yesterday whether you want to admit it or not.

I have almost zero faith this team can rip off 6-8 straight wins.
    Failing to see what I haven't admitted, other than that I don't think I should give up hope on the Jacks; fortunately game outcomes aren't determined solely by history, and our future recruits' commitments aren't either. I've asserted the Jacks appear to be on an upward trajectory, while conceding that the loss could be a harbinger of a collapse -- no one knows what the future holds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X