X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowbell
    replied
    Re: Jacks Bash

It was a great night for people watching. The best thing about it was the "bigness" of it all. There were many moments thinking "I can't believe what I am seeing in Brookings SD." The second thought was being grateful to visionary leaders and kind donors for taking SDSU to a completely different level.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    This event is all over social media and all the Sioux Falls news stations tonight. It's not my kind of music but choosing this event to be the opener for a shiny new stadium was brilliant in terms of hype and coverage. This is how you get people way beyond FCS football fans to see what you are up to. Well done.
    Completely agree. Whether you like Luke Bryan or not, he was the perfect fit to open up the stadium. Country, farming, hunting, fishing, drinking... Everything South Dakota and inherently SDSU is all about... That's what Luke Bryan sings about. As a kicker he pulls from all demographics. There are only a few acts that could fill that stadium. He's one of them.

As far as the lines and beer prices, they weren't any worse than any other concert I've been to. Well done all around imo.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I just saw a Facebook post indicating to me that Mr Bryan was downtown in B-town @ wooden legs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    He was also spotted riding a bicycle around the campus.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

It was a great opening act for the football season. $8 beers did not seem to be slowing down the appetites. There was little to no problems other than long lines at the beer stands. It was a fun event.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

This event is all over social media and all the Sioux Falls news stations tonight. It's not my kind of music but choosing this event to be the opener for a shiny new stadium was brilliant in terms of hype and coverage. This is how you get people way beyond FCS football fans to see what you are up to. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Guys, are stadium is really ****ing awesome!!!

Pics or it didn't happen

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Guys, are stadium is really ****ing awesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• BKXD
    replied

Cool aerial photo of the stadium ready for Jacks Bash. Scavenged from K-Country 102 Twitter feed (credit)

http://sdsufans.com/board/attachment...2&d=1473385249

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

I just saw a Facebook post indicating to me that Mr Bryan was downtown in B-town @ wooden legs.

Stalker mode activated.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Rain at the White exit but looks clearer to the south.

Radar looks clear to the west, once that passes through

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Rain at the White exit but looks clearer to the south.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    There was a Budweiser truck parked next to the stadium today, so figure it out from there.
    Such a relief. I am going to the concert because the missus wanted to. That truck will be my savior. Would have preferred "The Man", Garth Brooks, or the Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

There was a Budweiser truck parked next to the stadium today, so figure it out from there.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Sounds like there will be beer sales. I had thought prior they were not going to sell beer.
    There will be alcohol sales on the field and in the stands. Opened bottles and cans. Must be 21 to obtain a wristband. No alcohol allowed anywhere else on campus except in the stadium during open hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X