• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Classy bunch in Missoula.
    Better than soft...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Re: On to Montana:

For those of you who wonder why there's those of us yelling at the coaches when we win, I'll help you. Is because we see these same issues against far inferior opponents. I'm not saying we need new coaching but they need to get out of the D2 mindset. How many "this loss was on us'es" are you going to give us until you do something about it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

No Hail Mary? That's how smart these coaches are. What do you have to lose?!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Better than soft...
          Lol. I guess. They've got other demons I'm damn glad we dont have.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Classy bunch in Missoula.
            Don't give them a reason to taunt. Prevent the curb stomping and you stop the taunting
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Chicken or the egg. Are we vanilla because we are not very good or are we not good because we are vanilla.
              It's not like this is the first Stig. coached team that has run a vanilla offense

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Well, I thought we were vanilla with Zenner and Sumner last year. Do you think think that crew wasn't very good?
                That team was different. We had a very good Offensive line and the best FCS back ever. You can be vanilla when you have that. Vanilla will only work with a certain set of personnel. Creative and complex will work with a large variety of personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  No Hail Mary? That's how smart these coaches are. What do you have to lose?!
                  Abso-freeking-lutely nothing.

Comment

I stayed home from going shopping at Hobby Lobby with my wife and mother-in-law for this crap?

Comment

Getting beat in the trenches big time. Uninspired play. Lack of execution. Lackluster tackling. And it all starts with the mindset. It's all mental. And we are losing that battle.
                      "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                        I stayed home from going shopping at Hobby Lobby with my wife and mother-in-law for this crap?
                        Obviously you made the wrong decision.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          That team was different. We had a very good Offensive line and the best FCS back ever. You can be vanilla when you have that. Vanilla will only work with a certain set of personnel. Creative and complex will work with a large variety of personnel.
                          I'm saying that we were too vanilla even with them. I'm trying to argue that we could have and should have hit a higher offensive ceiling last year if we were less vanilla. Obviously those dudes overcame some of the coaching shortcomings.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'll say this. This team might have ended up with a better record than I anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              For those of you who wonder why there's those of us yelling at the coaches when we win, I'll help you. Is because we see these same issues against far inferior opponents. I'm not saying we need new coaching but they need to get out of the D2 mindset. How many "this loss was on us'es" are you going to give us until you do something about it?

I'll take "It's on us" before dumping on the players like Stig did last time we got our asses handed to us in Montana. So there's that.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
                                Getting beat in the trenches big time. Uninspired play. Lack of execution. Lackluster tackling. And it all starts with the mindset. It's all mental. And we are losing that battle.
                                I think it's mental every time we lose a game we should win. All three losses this year are perfect examples. That is a reflection of leadership and it's not a new problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X