• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacked_Rabbit
    replied
    Re: Jacks at USD

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Pretty sure there was a brian janacek or some form of spelling like it. I know who ranek is. It wasn't him. If I have time later I will check to see who scored those touchdowns.
    For clarification purposes, that was the 2003 game at USD. We hit Brian Janecek, #82, on a slant on the opening drive and he took it to the house (zig-zagging Tecmo super bowl style) and then came right back the next drive and hit Josh Davis deep and he ran away from 2 USD defenders to put us up 14-0 in the blink of an eye. Stepped on their throat early and was game over in the 1st quarter.

We have a much better team that USD. There will be no let-down here. Jacks by 20.

Leave a comment:

• sdsu_drake
    replied

"Two things I can't stand in this world; People who don't respect other peoples cultures and the Dutch." Austin Powers (goldfinger)

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    We can give Bulldog some points for his insight, but that does not give a black mark on the coaches for passing on the young man for whatever reasons they may provide. The rear view mirror is always more clear than the headlights.
    I agree with you. The kid can play, would be nice to have him on our team. But to sit there and dwell on not having a kid on our 7-2, ranked in the top 10, just beat the #2 team in the country, Jackrabbit football team, who by the way has a defense that is playing out of this world..... I remember the same conversation with Starr, who was a great player. It would have been nice to have him on our team, but I will live with the kids we have any day.
    One last point, it isn't always about talent with recruiting, it is about the right fit. Maybe it wasn't the right fit for either side.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Janacek who??? I think you mean Ranek. Its okay though. So much water passes under the bridge that's a little hard to keep up.
    Pretty sure there was a brian janacek or some form of spelling like it. I know who ranek is. It wasn't him. If I have time later I will check to see who scored those touchdowns.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Van Ginkel is one of the NE Iowa athletes (he's a R-Fr. from Rock Valley) that poster Bulldog warned about. The kid will be a big challenge for those assigned with protecting Lujan or TC.
    BTW who on the SDSU Staff covers NW Iowa? Well all I can say is I am glad that Ralph Ginn recruited Larry Korver.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Should run the same play calls that they did a number of years ago when brad nelson was qb. That was a pretty good way to start a game in there. Janacek had 1 or both TDs. Not sure if someone else had one. I was a few sheets into the wind at that game. Had a lot of fun from what I remember. Took the starch out of their shirts pretty quick in that one.
    Janacek who??? I think you mean Ranek. Its okay though. So much water passes under the bridge that's a little hard to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Should run the same play calls that they did a number of years ago when brad nelson was qb. That was a pretty good way to start a game in there. Janacek had 1 or both TDs. Not sure if someone else had one. I was a few sheets into the wind at that game. Had a lot of fun from what I remember. Took the starch out of their shirts pretty quick in that one.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

The following historical facts are meaningless as a predictor of Saturday's game:

Since Stig took over as SDSU's head coach, the Jackrabbits are 8-2 against USD. His two losses were in 1997 (first year as head coach) at USD, 3-21, and 2000 at SDSU, 28-41.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Van Ginkel is one of the NE Iowa athletes (he's a R-Fr. from Rock Valley) that poster Bulldog warned about. The kid will be a big challenge for those assigned with protecting Lujan or TC.
    We can give Bulldog some points for his insight, but that does not give a black mark on the coaches for passing on the young man for whatever reasons they may provide. The rear view mirror is always more clear than the headlights.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

I'm not one to do this often, but I got a feeling.

We're going to kick their ass.

Our defense has played lights out the past 4-5 weeks. Go look at what both ISU's, Youngstown, and UNI are scoring on other teams.

No chance we come in overconfident like NDSU did, and no chance of playing timid.

I expect the Rabbits to come in, and dictate.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

All the schools miss an athlete in their backyard from time to time and I don't think this was a situation in which SDSU would have had some sort of lock on the kid if we had just offered him. But, yeah, no matter how the miss occurred, turns out that Van Ginkel is as advertised.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Big miss by the coaching staff then. Maybe I guess. But State needs help at defensive end.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

The Coyote defense seems to be capable and it has a bona fide star, Van Ginkel, at Defensive End.
    Isn's this the kid that a certain poster on here from northwest Iowa was so mad that SDSU didn't offer?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Yeah, I hope we blast out of the starting blocks and score a couple of times before the Coyotes can catch their breath. But, if we don't (and there are times we seem to spot the opponents the first seven points) I think our defense can keep things under control until the offense makes the appropriate adjustments and starts to score.

USD's offensive fortunes, more than any other team in the conference, rise and fall on how the quarterback, Ryan Saeger, is playing. The Coyote defense seems to be capable and it has a bona fide star, Van Ginkel, at Defensive End. Van Ginkel was the defensive player of the week in the Valley [From the Valley's site: he recorded a sack, forced a fumble, and recovered two fumbles on Saturday's against Southern Illinois. His strip sack and recovery set up a 44-yard touchdown drive for the Coyotes' first score of the game. He recovered a fumble on the SIU 19 with 5:21 remaining that preceded the game-winning touchdown. He was credited with 3 solo tackles and also had a QB hurry.]

No question this is the best shot USD has had at knocking off the Jacks since joining DI. I don't see them getting it done (and I've guessed in another thread that the game quickly gets away from them and we win by several touchdowns) but our team needs to be prepared for the fight of their lives. The 1 and 0 attitude has to be the big focus of the week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X