Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Morris

Originally posted by Original_RMC View Post
    Hello Everyone. I finally got registered for this board. I won't be traveling to this game but can help answer questions you may have on RMU.
    Tell us about your team. Who are your playmakers on offense and what is your offense? What are your strengths? Is the fan base hopeful after a down year? Thanks for coming to our board!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Think you'll be able to stay within 41 points? I'm asking for a degenerate gambling friend... definitely not for myself. :S
      Wow! What a welcome?!?

Thanks for coming over the board and good luck to your team this weekend.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Wow! What a welcome?!?

Thanks for coming over the board and good luck to your team this weekend.
        Lol, it was mostly tongue in cheek... mostly...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Think you'll be able to stay within 41 points? I'm asking for a degenerate gambling friend... definitely not for myself. :S
          Within 41pts?!?!?!...that is a big line. I would take the under with RMU getting the pts but that is a homer pick....lmao

Comment

41 pts is large, especially with NDSU next week, I expect that if it gets out of hand early, most of the starters will be on the sideline when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Tell us about your team. Who are your playmakers on offense and what is your offense? What are your strengths? Is the fan base hopeful after a down year? Thanks for coming to our board!
              Offense - WR Kyle Buss finally had a break out game last year. Probably one of the fastest players on the team. Owens is a horsework RB but hurt his ankle last week but should be fine for this game. His backup put up big numbers and RMU could have a 1-2 punch at RB that could give teams fit. OL not big on paper but their footwork and hands are great which is why RMU has able to run on YSU. Fr. QB Barr is coming along, waiting for his breakout game.

Defense - very tough front 7. LB Skojkovic is the leader on D. He can play sideline to sideline. Strong and a great tackler. 3-4 D that has 3 bulls at the front. DBs are smart but do get beat which could be an issue stopping Wieneke.

Strengths - running game and solid D.

RMU should be 3-0 heading into this game. But they lost two games they could have won. Still a young team learning from an ugly 1-10 season in 2014.

Comment

Thanks!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Offense - WR Kyle Buss finally had a break out game last year. Probably one of the fastest players on the team. Owens is a horsework RB but hurt his ankle last week but should be fine for this game. His backup put up big numbers and RMU could have a 1-2 punch at RB that could give teams fit. OL not big on paper but their footwork and hands are great which is why RMU has able to run on YSU. Fr. QB Barr is coming along, waiting for his breakout game.

Defense - very tough front 7. LB Skojkovic is the leader on D. He can play sideline to sideline. Strong and a great tackler. 3-4 D that has 3 bulls at the front. DBs are smart but do get beat which could be an issue stopping Wieneke.

Strengths - running game and solid D.

RMU should be 3-0 heading into this game. But they lost two games they could have won. Still a young team learning from an ugly 1-10 season in 2014.
                  I don't think our coaching staff is taking RMU lightly. Some of our fans think blowout, but I am not so sure. Thanks for your run down on your team.

Comment

I'm not sure either, its so hard to judge these type of games.

But unlike the SUU game, where the coaches knew they had a bye week following, I feel if it does get in the high 20 low 30 point difference in the second half, some of the starters will be pulled, the game plan will be more possession based

Comment

Within 41pts?!?!?!...that is a big line. I would take the under with RMU getting the pts but that is a homer pick....lmao
                      Welcome to the board. Does your team travel well, i.e., will there be fans there? Hope they enjoy the experience in the (half) new stadium. Weather should be good.
                      I wouldn't get hung up on the points. You guys played YSU tough. How were they able to do that?

Comment

Robert Morris

I got a kick out of their fans who are traveling not being comfortable saying if they were flying into sufu or Brookings. I don't think they understand Midwest hospitality yet lol.

Edit: I understand being shy towards people on the Internet, but I did get a kick out of that. Fyi this is based off of a post on their board.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          I got a kick out of their fans who are traveling not being comfortable saying if they were flying into sufu or Brookings. I don't think they understand Midwest hospitality yet lol.

Edit: I understand being shy towards people on the Internet, but I did get a kick out of that. Fyi this is based off of a post on their board.
                          What kind of aircraft would land in Brookings?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Welcome to the board. Does your team travel well, i.e., will there be fans there? Hope they enjoy the experience in the (half) new stadium. Weather should be good.
                            I wouldn't get hung up on the points. You guys played YSU tough. How were they able to do that?
                            Not sure how many fans will make the trip. I'm sure a lot of parents will be there. As for the YSU, weather played a big role. YSU got the ball first and on the 2nd ball, Skoj caused a fumble and RMU recovered. Next play, Owens went 41yds for a TD. YSU was not ready to play at all. Their WRs were dropping balls and they could not get anything going. RMU had YSU on 4th and goal in OT and almost had a sack but the QB slipped away and threw the ball up only to have a YSU WR come out of no where to grab it.
                            RMU was stopped on 4th and goal in OT.

Comment

Not sure how many fans will make the trip. I'm sure a lot of parents will be there. As for the YSU, weather played a big role. YSU got the ball first and on the 2nd ball, Skoj caused a fumble and RMU recovered. Next play, Owens went 41yds for a TD. YSU was not ready to play at all. Their WRs were dropping balls and they could not get anything going. RMU had YSU on 4th and goal in OT and almost had a sack but the QB slipped away and threw the ball up only to have a YSU WR come out of no where to grab it.
                              RMU was stopped on 4th and goal in OT.
                              Thanks for your report. I would think our staff has the game tape and is studying it. It amazing what motivation will do sometimes. How many scholalrships does RMU offer? When you played NDSU a few years back, I think I read Seven were offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Thanks for your report. I would think our staff has the game tape and is studying it. It amazing what motivation will do sometimes. How many scholalrships does RMU offer? When you played NDSU a few years back, I think I read Seven were offered.
                                I believe the NEC conference is up to 40 scholarships now. But we have more than 40 scholarship players because not everyone gets a full ride. I'm sure based off the player's EFC (estimated family contribution) number, some players might have grants and the rest covered by a partial scholarship. But I think saying RMU has 40 scholarship plays out there will be a safe statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X