• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jack power
    replied
    Re: Week 3: Southern Utah

Originally posted by goon View Post
    So what your saying is they are no arizona state or cali party school. Bowling is pretty fun though.
    It's really fun when the student population is 63% women.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    I believe you'll find the student population to be heavily Mormon. Not sure if that speaks to your comment or not, but thought it might be relevant. When we were there in '04 we went to the library on campus Friday afternoon and asked what people did on the weekends for fun. The answer we got was mostly go home or go to the bowling alley.
    So what your saying is they are no arizona state or cali party school. Bowling is pretty fun though.

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Hopefully they arent a huge party school too. Thats like a double wammy.
    I believe you'll find the student population to be heavily Mormon. Not sure if that speaks to your comment or not, but thought it might be relevant. When we were there in '04 we went to the library on campus Friday afternoon and asked what people did on the weekends for fun. The answer we got was mostly go home or go to the bowling alley.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Not 63-37 they aren't
    Hopefully they arent a huge party school too. Thats like a double wammy.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Most colleges are majority-female nowadays.
    Not 63-37 they aren't

Leave a comment:

• JackrabbitGuy
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    On a side note, I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mostly female. A quick google showed that SUU has a student population made of 63% females and 37% males.
    Stats like that make a guy want to go back to college.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Why didn't I know about this when I was looking at schools?
    Most colleges are majority-female nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    On a side note, I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mostly female. A quick google showed that SUU has a student population made of 63% females and 37% males.
    Why didn't I know about this when I was looking at schools?

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

I'm starting to get really excited about this year's team.

The Dline was supposed to be a question mark, and they are playing great. Good, young, linebacking corps. Good Defensive backfield. with good depth. WR's look solid. Wesley's speed was made for the slot. Good depth in the Backfield, behind a superstar tailback...both Gandy and Mangarelli are capable.

SU played Nevada close, and hung with SELa the week before.

Impressed with Lujan...he's not a star player at this point yet, but he seems fairly calm and confident, and can steer the ship until Sumner returns.

This could be one of our best teams ever. However, the Valley looks killer tough this year. Just insane how good this conference is. There will be a bump in the road somewhere most likely.

Leave a comment:

• shot_5533
    replied

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    The Jacks played a great game thru three quarters but needs to put teams away when given the opportunity. The Tbirds made adjustments at half to stop the run. The offense must make adjustments as well. Can we get some TE play from someone, that would help the run and passing game. The Dline of the Tbirds were as tough as any opponent thus far. The heat/altitude/injuries was tough on the Oline by the fourth quarter.

Trey Carr was a highlight reel. A shame the interception for a TD was called back on the penalty by 38 then another penalty by the Senior. Thought the two safeties (1 & 38) had a very below average game again.
    I thought the O line played very well considering they were missing a left tackle.

Jacks looked bigger, faster, and meaner. Both sides of the ball. Is this D - Line better than the Danny B. days?

Trey Carr - you are right. What a highlight reel! -He is just what the Jacks need when they visit those two artificial atmosphere domes.

Leave a comment:

• Hareofthedog
    replied

The Jacks played a great game thru three quarters but needs to put teams away when given the opportunity. The Tbirds made adjustments at half to stop the run. The offense must make adjustments as well. Can we get some TE play from someone, that would help the run and passing game. The Dline of the Tbirds were as tough as any opponent thus far. The heat/altitude/injuries was tough on the Oline by the fourth quarter.

Trey Carr was a highlight reel. A shame the interception for a TD was called back on the penalty by 38 then another penalty by the Senior. Thought the two safeties (1 & 38) had a very below average game again.

Leave a comment:

• bigstonejack
    replied

MVFC won every game yesterday except for USD/Montana, and the Yotes were in that most of the way
    Southern Illinois put out a Tweet yesterday that said the MVFC was 15-1 against the FCS this year and outscored their opponents 359-148 on Saturday. The conference is just very, very good.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Good stuff here. Four impressions (realizing these are highlights).
    1. Jacks' Fat Boys were really taking it to their Fat Boys. Domination naturally follows when every play essentially begins on the opponent's side of the ball.
    2. Receiving corps looks like the best the Jacks have ever had.
    3. If they could get tight ends more incorporated into passing game a very good offense could turn into an elite one.
    4. Team speed is really noticeable.
    Yes, you are right, it was a highlight of the scoring plays and big plays. It shows how important O-line is too a successful drive. I watched much of the webstream and our offensive line really struggled at points, with a lot of missed assignments or just getting "blown up" in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Good stuff here. Four impressions (realizing these are highlights).
    1. Jacks' Fat Boys were really taking it to their Fat Boys. Domination naturally follows when every play essentially begins on the opponent's side of the ball.
    2. Receiving corps looks like the best the Jacks have ever had.
    3. If they could get tight ends more incorporated into passing game a very good offense could turn into an elite one.
    4. Team speed is really noticeable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X