• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slosho
    replied
    Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Every time I look at the scoreboard, I get the feeling that it's not complete. The simple Jackrabbit logos that they slapped up to cover the speakers just don't seem to look like the finished product, then add in the blank space around the play clock and the banner across the top. I have a feeling that we will see that finished off by the start of the 2016 season. Anyone else with me on this? I hate to complain about it, because it's amazing, but I just can't get over it the fact that it looks unfinished and I don't think they would design it to look like that long term.
    Completly with you on this, especally on the play clock, it looks cobbeled togther.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Steel going up for the west stands. The webcam shows good progress being made on the building and now the stands.
    Every time I look at the scoreboard, I get the feeling that it's not complete. The simple Jackrabbit logos that they slapped up to cover the speakers just don't seem to look like the finished product, then add in the blank space around the play clock and the banner across the top. I have a feeling that we will see that finished off by the start of the 2016 season. Anyone else with me on this? I hate to complain about it, because it's amazing, but I just can't get over it the fact that it looks unfinished and I don't think they would design it to look like that long term.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Steel going up for the west stands. The webcam shows good progress being made on the building and now the stands.

Leave a comment:

• JackrabbitGuy
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Well, the indoor field basically is a giant sheetmetal building...it would take a truly ridiculous amount of money to dress it up to look like the NFL stadia in Indianapolis or Detroit (for instance). That money is going to re-building the football stadium (and soon, renovating Frost).

Limited resources, unlimited requirements. Add in the complications of the byzantine state/BOR project planning/approval requirement process for seasoning. Stir often.

Your point about the relative lack of a unified design concept between the Dykhouse, the SJAC, and the stadium may have some merit, however. But again, when you have to do things piecemeal, that'll happen. I think I'll reserve final judgment until we see the finished product this fall.
    In the end, all three will be excellent and functional facilities which will serve the university, it's student athletes and it's fans well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Same here. I like that it actually matches the dykhouse building. The one little thing that I dislike about the indoor facility and the stadium is there really doesn't seem to be any consistant design our building element. The indoof field looks like a giant sheetmetel building. The dyhouse is brick and the stadium is steal frame etc. Since they were all built close in time it would have been nice to lokk similar. Since I'm not a millionaire donating it doesn't really matter what I think though.
    This comment reminds me of going to Brookings on a Saturday Afternoon and touring Ben Franklin and W. W. Woolworth toy departments and being fully of envy and desire and then going home with empty hands and no toys. Why? Because my mother had to buy those damn groceries.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 12-27-2015, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X