Usd-ii gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usd-ii gdt

Commendable effort by the coyotes. They could have laid down and died after the first quarter and did not. Same for the Jackrabbits. Played with poise and control on both sides of the ball. The late hit calls were both pretty weak.

The better team won, onto the playoffs and a very beatable Eastern Illinois team.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      This is unconfirmed, but I believe the gentleman passed away a short time later. Those of you in the consulting engineering field would know him, as he was the manager of HDR Engineering's office in Sioux Falls. I don't have a name, but my understanding is that he had planned to retire at the end of the year.

Sad day for his family, I am sure. Please pray for them.

Again, this is all unconfirmed, but this is what is trickling down through the profession today.
      He entered the portable toilet and a woman behind him noticed the toilet shake as he went unconscious. According to my friend (a physician) that assisted he had no pulse and made no efforts to breath. After 20 mins of CPR It was advised by the physician in the field that the code be called. EMT's made the decision to transfer him to the ED where he was officially pronounced dead. Sad and tragic on a day that should be fun. Remember, life is precious and about much more than a FB game. My condolences to his friends and family.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Don't get me wrong I had ALOT of fun. I enjoy the bantering and abuse (if not I wouldn't be here). My point I was trying to make in a non-smack way was that there are fans on both sides that don't know their limits. I have been beat up before a couple years back when most posters didn't want the rivalry renewed because of USD fan behavior. Going back to yesterday, as I said, I had a blast. Most people were either having fun with me or didn't say squat. Sometime I would like to open a thread about your tailgating rules, regs, etc. these kiddy kops are something else. They are just looking for trouble. But let's discuss that when your season is over. Good luck today on selection Sunday
        We had a lot of coyote fans at our tailgate. Great time was had by all. At halftime went out to clean up some of the mess. Some coyote fans asked to use our toilet. I said sure. One proceeded to piss all over the inside of it. Other than some profanity from a middle aged female coyote fan as her son stood beside her that was the worst I witnessed. Not bad at all considering.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          We had a lot of coyote fans at our tailgate. Great time was had by all. At halftime went out to clean up some of the mess. Some coyote fans asked to use our toilet. I said sure. One proceeded to piss all over the inside of it. Other than some profanity from a middle aged female coyote fan as her son stood beside her that was the worst I witnessed. Not bad at all considering.
          We all remember/know that they have difficulty peeing in a confined space. (See Frost Arena, several years back when I believe they thought the showers were the place to #1 and #2) One day, they will become domesticated.

Comment

I can attest firsthand that MD was more than a gracious host... to literally urinate on someone's hospitality like that says everything you want to know about that person, no matter their alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              First thing I heard when I went tailgating was how ridiculous $40 tickets were. Also, I hate hate hate going to games that big at CAS. Atmosphere is great, but the viewing experience is not pleasant. Combine those two with rifle deer opener and that is how you don't get a record
              And on TV

Comment

First thing I heard when I went tailgating was how ridiculous $40 tickets were. Also, I hate hate hate going to games that big at CAS. Atmosphere is great, but the viewing experience is not pleasant. Combine those two with rifle deer opener and that is how you don't get a record
                Quick math, 15,000 at $40 per is 600K. You'd need 24,000 at $25 per to match the revenue. I think the $40 price was just right.

Comment

Quick math, 15,000 at $40 per is 600K. You'd need 24,000 at $25 per to match the revenue. I think the $40 price was just right.
                  What I was clearly saying was that people were wondering why there wasn't a record and I said the price was a factor in itself. $40 actually is pretty darn high for regular season game for a fan to buy, not that it's bad for the university however. Not that my math was off.....
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

What I was clearly saying was that people were wondering why there wasn't a record and I said the price was a factor in itself. $40 actually is pretty darn high for regular season game for a fan to buy, not that it's bad for the university however. Not that my math was off.....
                    Didn't mean to imply that you wanted a lesser price, sorry for not clarifying. Had the goal been record attendance at this game the tickets would have been open to the public right away and the price would have been $25. Instead, I say wisely, the administration elected to raise the price, restrict early sales to donors and season ticket holders, and maximize profits while still securing an excellent crowd and a great atmosphere for the renewal of the rivalry.

Those complaining about the $40 price tag may not have been considering those factors. You can't please all the people all of the time.

Comment

I think you need to back out season and student tickets from that math since I don't believe those were charged at the $40 rate. Either way, I'd guess the $40 per ticket price was about right to maximize revenue, if that is indeed the only goal for the athletic department.

Comment

Maybe price was a factor. Then again, maybe USD's terrible team and apathetic fan base had something to do with it. Combine fans who don't care with a $40 pricetag for a ticket to a beatdown and that might keep 500 or 750 USD fans at home.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Heard at the game that the game in the Dome next year will be the same weekend as the high school playoffs. Can anyone explain the rationale behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            I think you need to back out season and student tickets from that math since I don't believe those were charged at the $40 rate. Either way, I'd guess the $40 per ticket price was about right to maximize revenue, if that is indeed the only goal for the athletic department.
                            You are correct. I still don't think lowering the price to $25 would have resulted in a large enough increase to offset the increased revenue at $40 per. Maybe the concession sales would have, I don't know. I'm with JJ, a more competitive program with a slightly interested fan base would have made a much greater difference to total attendance.

I also think they should call non-reserved tickets GA, not SRO. I think the SRO designation scared some away. I stand for every game and have the best seat in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Heard at the game that the game in the Dome next year will be the same weekend as the high school playoffs. Can anyone explain the rationale behind that?
                              I think they have done that a number of times in the past. Jacks will play USD at 12 with the AA (or is it AAA next year) championship at 7 pm. Not sure if there is any rationale or if the MVFC scheduled it that way.

Comment

As a Point of reference, we paid $40 for the UNI game for our Tickets that were not all that great.

I actually agree that $40 is very high for an FCS school in SD. When tix to a FCS Vs. FBS run only about 5-15 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X