Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Sports Madness previews SDSU at #42

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    Did you perhaps mean blue and yellow, or were you thinking of his high school days?
    yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Did you perhaps mean blue and yellow, or were you thinking of his high school days?
      No I belive RTR (Ruthon Tyler Russell) has red and white for colors I think not sure, but certainly not Blue and Gold. Thats Augie's colors.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        I sure would like to see evidence of Kyle complaining about lack of holes. Who did he complain to and what proof do you have?
        I know Kyle. He is too classy to complain. Nice job of mud throwing. I'll eat my words and apologize if you can show evidence of this. Many times?

It would shock me if Kyle ever complained about anything.
        If he did not complain about something, he would not be honest. Was a 5-6 record Kyle's choice? I dont think so and our blocking was not up to snuff this past season. So should he just hold it all in? Kyle is not a vegtable. He is entitled to his opinion since he did play for the YELLOW AND BLUE that opinion carry's a lot of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          If he did not complain about something, he would not be honest. Was a 5-6 record Kyle's choice? I dont think so and our blocking was not up to snuff this past season. So should he just hold it all in? Kyle is not a vegtable. He is entitled to his opinion since he did play for the YELLOW AND BLUE that opinion carry's a lot of weight.
          ?

You do not make any sense. Can you please explain all the parts of the stuff that you are are trying to say? Your point makes zero sense. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Stating that Kyle complained is not accurate, you are right about that. Poor choice of words on my part.

Not trying to sling any mud and didn't mean to imply that Kyle felt the O-line wasn't doing their best. They certainly did a great job protecting TOB. I don't know how you want to interpret many, that isn't really relevant. My point and like others in this thread, is that the O-line will be the biggest factor as it pertains to a successful running game and that is usually not a concern. In other words, the O-line will likely be just as solid as ever and the RB's will have opportunities.

As for proof, I'm not sure how I provide that nor do I think its necessary to make my point. You can choose to believe me or not. There were times against certain opponents where our O-line was overmatched. Happens to every team.

Complained was definitely the wrong word to use to describe what I was told. Instead I should have said others felt there were some games where we lost the battle at the LOS and Kyle didn't have the gap or hole needed to make plays on the ground.

Thanks for setting me straight.
            I wish I could say I was perfect about everything I say and write. No problem. No need to apologize.

Let me throw something out there - Don't you think our play calling had as much to do if not more for the lack of holes vs. the lack of execution on the offensive lines part. We in the stands knew what play was going to be run. Don't you think that the opposing defensive coordinators knew? Our short yardage play calling, execution, and results were terrible. Pretty hard to block when everyone knows what is coming.

The lack of a threat from a QB sneak absolutely killed us. We had an All American Center and did not run one sneak all year. Talk about being hamstrung. It bothers me when Nidaros rips on the O-line. We had one of the youngest and best in the nation. Did the QB lack the ability or the guts to do a QB sneak? Is it Meadows responsibility?

How many times on third down did we expose Kyle on the sidelines and get him killed with a lobbed swing pass that everyone knew was coming.

That is why football is such a facinating sport. Everything from coaching, to offense, to defense, players, refs, field conditions, field position and so on is intertwined.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              So I accidentally said gold instead of yellow. Shoot me over it. Not a big deal! Sort of how you accidentally forgot the e in the word vegetable! Win as a team, lose as a team. Our line did a nice job last year and so did Kyle. If anyone starts to complain about how our blocking was not up to snuff then there will be someone that will complain about how our running backs lacked foot quickness and how they could not make anyone miss!

Comment

Regardless of who complained, if they complained, how good was the line, etc. SDSU had the most predictable, and unimaginative offense in our conference last year. Run left, run right, swing pass, maybe wildcat which was easy to defend, maybe they would let TOB pass, but he got so gun shy that he become even more ineffective and teams were able to stack 8 in the box. Meadows would motion all over the field and defenses knew it meant nothing and would only shift minimally. Until this offense is capable of keeping defenses guessing, it will be a lot of the same this year regardless who is in the backfield. I look back to the 1st half of the Montana game, run, play action, throwing on 1st down, etc, Montana had no idea what we were going to do. When the coachign staff made the decision to try and run the ball to kill clock, we became predictable that is when it was all over, and that carried over into last season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  Regardless of who complained, if they complained, how good was the line, etc. SDSU had the most predictable, and unimaginative offense in our conference last year. Run left, run right, swing pass, maybe wildcat which was easy to defend, maybe they would let TOB pass, but he got so gun shy that he become even more ineffective and teams were able to stack 8 in the box. Meadows would motion all over the field and defenses knew it meant nothing and would only shift minimally. Until this offense is capable of keeping defenses guessing, it will be a lot of the same this year regardless who is in the backfield. I look back to the 1st half of the Montana game, run, play action, throwing on 1st down, etc, Montana had no idea what we were going to do. When the coachign staff made the decision to try and run the ball to kill clock, we became predictable that is when it was all over, and that carried over into last season.
                  Agree- not the running backs fault or the lines fault.

Comment

I'm enjoying the banter, can't wait for the season to start!! We sure as hell better be prepared for an improving SUU team that has every intention of coming into Brookings and kicking our butt. I, for one, am looking forward to a great performance despite all the uncertainty at this point.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There's plenty of room for improvement in all areas of team play.That's the goal,I believe.We'll just have to wait & see how far they've come,and if it's far enough to overtake and make gains on our conference rivals.Go Jacks,have a great season!

Comment

Working...
                      X